Its snowing!

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, February 20, 2010, 04:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

Quote from: supersarsfields on December 17, 2010, 01:43:49 PM
Booked onto the ferry tonight. Landing in Dublin at 00.45. Then have to drive to Omagh with a stop of in Teemore.

Anyone know what the roads are like down round Fermanagh direction heading for Omagh?

Or am I right in thinking the roads everywere are just crazy?

Three inches from last night in Fermanagh and really heavy snow shower at the minute. Haven't made it to main roads but back roads are awful. Probaly passable but if it's not 100% essential I wouldn't even try. Stick to main roads

supersarsfields

Quote from: Denn Forever on December 17, 2010, 01:50:52 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on December 17, 2010, 01:15:57 PM
I can't remember this much snow in all my 27 years! A good 8/9 inches now in omagh, cars stuck all over the place and all roads covered in the stuff. Wouldn't like to see it out in the sticks!

Quote from: supersarsfields on December 17, 2010, 01:43:49 PM
Booked onto the ferry tonight. Landing in Dublin at 00.45. Then have to drive to Omagh with a stop of in Teemore.

Anyone know what the roads are like down round Fermanagh direction heading for Omagh?

Or am I right in thinking the roads everywere are just crazy?

Take it handy.  Can you hang around in Dublin until daybreak?

that might be the best bet alright. Might try to get a hotel down in Dublin til it brightens up. Going to be a long days travel anyway. Two hrs drive to Holyhead then 4 hr ferry then 3 hrs drive the other side.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyrone girl

Feck off O Neill - ud need rolled round in it

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Rois on December 17, 2010, 02:00:50 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on December 17, 2010, 01:46:15 PM
U ruled out ever going skiing again, Rois? Ebay would get you a few quid for them surely? Otherwise...where are you?

The skis are a bit too long for me, bought them off a friend, and am happy to give them and the size 9 heated ski boots away to

f**k sake Rois why do you need skis when your feet are that big?
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

give her dixie

I'm over in Newcastle at present, and with the airports closed, i'm taking a train to Carlisle and meeting a
friend later who is heading to the ferry.
Should be home sometime in the early hours, which is better than been stuck here!
Not a drop of snow here at the minute, but it's forecast for later......
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Rois

Quote from: gerrykeegan on December 17, 2010, 03:09:45 PM
Quote from: Rois on December 17, 2010, 02:00:50 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on December 17, 2010, 01:46:15 PM
U ruled out ever going skiing again, Rois? Ebay would get you a few quid for them surely? Otherwise...where are you?

The skis are a bit too long for me, bought them off a friend, and am happy to give them and the size 9 heated ski boots away to

f**k sake Rois why do you need skis when your feet are that big?

Oh you're funny - the boots are too big, don't ask, I think I fancied the guy I bought the stuff off and didn't pay much attention to what I was getting.

Milltown Row2

Just finished building the Snowman, I'm shattered!!! My girls were helping me then slid off round to their friends house to build one there ::)

Undeterred i ploughed on and built a snowman bigger than my neighbours  ;D

A good 8 inches fell here last night, i managed to get to work (40 minutes, 22 minutes normally) hardly any students made it in today

Playing Texas Holdem night at the club tonight but cant see many waying in.

Xmas do tomorrow should be interesting considering the golf club is on a steep hill :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

f**k the snow, I might not be able to get home for Christmas  >:(
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

isourboydownyet

its days like this i wish i  was kevin webster

ross4life

Good time to post some snow pictures in this thread (3/4 inches of snow here in Roscommon now)

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

supersarsfields

Just wondering, had flights booked with Easyjet but their flight today was cancelled so we've just organised to go home via the ferry instead.
I know I'm getting a full refund for my flight from Liverpool to Belfast as it was cancelled today but is there anything I can do with regards getting the return leg refunded now aswell as I don't think my car will fit in the hand luggage. Or do I just have to take the hit on the return flight?

Minder

Quote from: ross4life on December 17, 2010, 03:58:17 PM
Good time to post some snow pictures in this thread (3/4 inches of snow here in Roscommon now)

The sheep must be harder to identify in that weather Ross..........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

andoireabu

letting it down here heavy now.  Not far off the 8 inch mark. Good luck on the roads lads. take it easy
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Minder

Is this the first time youse have seen 8 inches

Of snow?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"