Its snowing!

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, February 20, 2010, 04:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

And it shows that Belfast is snow-free, which is accurate.

gallsman

DART home the last two nights have been unreal. A good foot of snow on the platforms at Clontarf Road.

armaghniac

you can see here the showers streaming into Dublin from the Irish sea and the rain/sleet/snow approaching from the North-West.

http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=gb&sat=ir&type=loop

this shows the tempature simulated over the next 24 hours.
http://www.raintoday.co.uk/heatmap
Atlantic seaboard to get mild air for a few hours, slight thaw in Dublin and probably no thaw in Armagh/Down area.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on December 02, 2010, 09:17:25 PM
you can see here the showers streaming into Dublin from the Irish sea and the rain/sleet/snow approaching from the North-West.

http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=gb&sat=ir&type=loop

this shows the tempature simulated over the next 24 hours.
http://www.raintoday.co.uk/heatmap
Atlantic seaboard to get mild air for a few hours, slight thaw in Dublin and probably no thaw in Armagh/Down area.

Great links those. Dublin's thaw seems to be after 1300 so I wouldn't expect too much.
MWWSI 2017

EC Unique

Currently -8 in Tyrone!

armaghniac

QuoteDublin's thaw seems to be after 1300 so I wouldn't expect too much

The actual snowfall will arrive about morning rush hour! Fortunately, I don't have to go in.

Some serious lows, Carlow -14C, Casement airport -11C, Belmullet is +4 are you burning ga over there or something?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ziggysego

Quote from: Rois on December 02, 2010, 11:36:50 AM
My friend's getting married on Sat (north Tyrone for the ceremony, then Donegal for the reception) and her husband-to-be is from Kilkenny.  He's currently snowed in down there, as are his best man and groomsmen.  Lots of his family have phoned to say they're not coming up north now. 

Does anyone have either: a. A helicopter or b.A massive blow heater to help these people out.

I could've got you a helicopter with a bit more notice.
Testing Accessibility

Rois

Quote from: ziggysego on December 03, 2010, 02:31:00 AM
My friend's getting married on Sat (north Tyrone for the ceremony, then Donegal for the reception) and her husband-to-be is from Kilkenny.  He's currently snowed in down there, as are his best man and groomsmen.  Lots of his family have phoned to say they're not coming up north now. 

Does anyone have either: a. A helicopter or b.A massive blow heater to help these people out.

Ah jeez really?  Does it belong to a Tyrone fan that could be persuaded with football-related sweetners? 

omagh_gael

Quote from: ziggysego on December 03, 2010, 02:31:00 AM

Oh aye Ziggy the big wig...

next you'll be saying you can get a nice fancy number plate too ;)

Tony Baloney

The missus said it was reading -10 on the car display last night. If it keeps up I'm gonna have to let her put the oil-heating on in the house.

passedit

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 03, 2010, 10:15:58 AM
The missus said it was reading -10 on the car display last night. If it keeps up I'm gonna have to let her put the oil-heating on in the house.

Don't do anything rash, let her into the house first and see how that goes.
Don't Panic

Square Ball

snowing in Belfats at last  :) but the daughter is off school sick so I cant get out in it  :(
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Tony Baloney

Quote from: passedit on December 03, 2010, 10:19:24 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 03, 2010, 10:15:58 AM

Don't do anything rash, let her into the house first and see how that goes.
:) Have to balance the price of the diesel she is burning overnight to keep the car warm against letting her into the house and putting the heating on.

gerry

Woman dials 999 to report snowman theft in Kent

A woman who dialled 999 to report the theft of a snowman from outside her home has been branded "completely irresponsible" by Kent Police.

The force said the woman, from Chatham, thought the incident required their involvement because she used pound coins for eyes and teaspoons for arms.

During the call the woman said: "It ain't a nice road but you don't expect anybody to nick your snowman."
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Bud Wiser

Quote from: Olly on December 02, 2010, 11:25:21 AM
We have a tendancy to complain. I think we need to grasp it by the horns and be fruitful. I was thinking of starting up an agency where I employ workers to build snowmen for families who cannot be bothered to do it due to lack of interest/ability or if they're just lazy or obese.

I will charge families £20. Of that £20 I will pay the worker £5 and they have to make their own way there which is not reimbursed. Over the course of the summer I project a gross of £40'000 covering 8-9 counties. I will pay out £10'000 on wages. That's £30'000 for me with no overheads.
[/b]

Jaysus Olly, are you expecting snow in the summer?  I have a friend out in Lucan and he has a sign outside his house that says "Snowmen For Sale - Unassembled"  maybe you should give that a try, more profitable and less raw materials?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"