Its snowing!

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, February 20, 2010, 04:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olly

We have a tendancy to complain. I think we need to grasp it by the horns and be fruitful. I was thinking of starting up an agency where I employ workers to build snowmen for families who cannot be bothered to do it due to lack of interest/ability or if they're just lazy or obese.

I will charge families £20. Of that £20 I will pay the worker £5 and they have to make their own way there which is not reimbursed. Over the course of the summer I project a gross of £40'000 covering 8-9 counties. I will pay out £10'000 on wages. That's £30'000 for me with no overheads.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Rois

My friend's getting married on Sat (north Tyrone for the ceremony, then Donegal for the reception) and her husband-to-be is from Kilkenny.  He's currently snowed in down there, as are his best man and groomsmen.  Lots of his family have phoned to say they're not coming up north now. 

Does anyone have either: a. A helicopter or b.A massive blow heater to help these people out.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Rois on December 02, 2010, 11:36:50 AM
My friend's getting married on Sat (north Tyrone for the ceremony, then Donegal for the reception) and her husband-to-be is from Kilkenny.  He's currently snowed in down there, as are his best man and groomsmen.  Lots of his family have phoned to say they're not coming up north now. 

Does anyone have either: a. A helicopter or b.A massive blow heater to help these people out.

snowed in = Not too sure i want to go ahead with this marriage lark  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

brokencrossbar1

Bogball XV

nesbitt looked good with the hair all the same.

Rois

Quote from: the Deel Rover on December 02, 2010, 11:44:45 AM

snowed in = Not too sure i want to go ahead with this marriage lark  ;)
/quote]

:D Aw that's mean. 

the Deel Rover

tell her not too worry Rois a couple of days on the Beer in Kilkenny with his best men will do him no harm at all , much better than doing church rehersals and the like  :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on December 02, 2010, 12:14:09 PM
For flip sakes folks, it's snow. You've seen it before, you're not the Fritzl children!

Saying that, I hope Belfast international isn't closed off tomorrow evening because of any bad weather between now and then, planning to spend a weekend in England.  :-\

Fairly throwing it down now in Citywest for the past 2 hours.

Mario

Has anyone drove on the M1 from Dublin today? Or know of someone who has, whats it like?

ONeill

Quote from: Mario on December 02, 2010, 02:19:07 PM
Has anyone drove on the M1 from Dublin today? Or know of someone who has, whats it like?

It's a big long road with a toll on her. It forms the large majority of the N1 national primary road connecting Dublin towards Belfast along the east of Ireland. The route heads north via Drogheda and Dundalk to the Northern Irish border just south of Newry in County Armagh, where it becomes the A1 and further on, the M1. It also forms a significant part of the road connection between Dublin and the Northern Irish cities of Newry, and Lisburn. The route is part of European route E01.

But that's not important right now.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

In case O'Neill's description didn't do the business, here is a live pic (at Swords)

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on December 02, 2010, 02:23:22 PM
Quote from: Mario on December 02, 2010, 02:19:07 PM

It's a big long road with a toll on her. It forms the large majority of the N1 national primary road connecting Dublin towards Belfast along the east of Ireland. The route heads north via Drogheda and Dundalk to the Northern Irish border just south of Newry in County Armagh, where it becomes the A1 and further on, the M1. It also forms a significant part of the road connection between Dublin and the Northern Irish cities of Newry, and Lisburn. The route is part of European route E01.

But that's not important right now.
I jusrt can't bring myself to consider either Noory or Lisburn as cities. I see Ballymena want in on the act again too. Enough!

omagh_gael

Bad snow forecast to cross the country tomorrow morning, could be an interesting drive to work in the morning!

omagh_gael

Quote from: Declan on December 02, 2010, 05:44:31 PM
Quotehttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-11901718
Nice satellite pic

That is pretty cool!

Especially the band of snow streching across the middle of Ireland.