Televised Injustice Thread Service (T.I.T.S.)

Started by whiskeysteve, February 12, 2010, 02:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 15, 2010, 03:57:02 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on February 15, 2010, 03:34:32 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on February 15, 2010, 03:13:04 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on February 15, 2010, 03:07:28 PM
Exactly Celt Man! Yapping bastids!

But I do understand the principle of his arguement.... It should be done for all games and not just selective ones...

Ya see this is the point most here are making. We're not trying to justify what the boys were sent of for. But it has to be a case that either all games are reviewed or they're not.

Mayo, Dublin, Galway, Cork, Kerry all get alot of tv time, yet they don't seem to be complaining so much.

That's probably cause the incidents in other games are being ignored which is the real injustice here. Last week a player was pushed into a wall and Galvin made a go for the ref in a televised game, both were ignored. Last year numerous incidents in the Monaghan Kildare game were ignored including a player being knee'd/kicked on the ground. It will be interesting to see if the punches thrown in the Cork Kerry game at the weekend are dealt with by video. My guess is that due to Tyrone complaints they will have to be.

Celt_Man

Think he is starting to lose the run of himself here...

Angry Harte threatens TV boycott

Tyrone manager Mickey Harte has revealed that his county may consider banning television cameras from their home National League games, as the row over retrospective red cards intensifies.

Harte yesterday revealed his frustration with the current system which saw three of his players receive bans based on the strength of video replays.

The Tyrone boss claims that such decisions are not being applied across the board because of the lack of television cameras at some grounds, claiming that teams who featured in televised matches are at a disadvantage.

Derry manager Damian Cassidy echoed those complaints after Eoin Bradley was also suspended, but now Harte appears to have upped the stakes.

'It's something we'll have to consider,' Harte said when questioned on the possibility of a TV blackout.

'In fact, our county board have made suggestions that if that's going to be case then we could reserve the right to decide whether our league games are to be televised or not,' he told the Irish Examiner.

'I don't know how many times we've been on (TV) but the bottom line is if our game against Derry had not been televised we would have Martin Penrose, Conor Gormley and Justin McMahon playing against Mayo,' said Harte.

'That's an undisputed fact. We were disadvantaged being on live TV. Two of them weren't red cards. Martin Penrose was a different incident anyway. That's not condoning what any of them did. We just need it to be on a level playing field.'
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

INDIANA

Based on what I watched.

Penrose- deserves a ban
Bradley- fully deserves his

Gormley- think he was entitled to give Bradlay a thump after 2 kidney punches. - unlucky in my view
Mc mahon- looking after his team-mate. 50/50

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: INDIANA on February 16, 2010, 03:04:03 PM
Based on what I watched.

Penrose- deserves a ban
Bradley- fully deserves his

Gormley- think he was entitled to give Bradlay a thump after 2 kidney punches. - unlucky in my view
Mc mahon- looking after his team-mate. 50/50
agree with that

justin mcmahon was banned because he was the third man in to get involved in the gormley/ bradley incident.
he wasnt  seen on camera to throw a punch or a kick or anything like that.
Now if the cccc, want to be fair accross the board, every single time a third player gets involved in an incident throughout the year, he should reicieve a 4 week ban.
there is now way this is going to happen, or we will have a huge number of footballers sitting out a big chunk of the championship
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Main Street

If you didn't see it then there would be no opinions.
Either all teams in the same first division competition face the same discipline scrutiny or none should  do.
Mickey has a fair point.

Onion Bag

Why is there 2 f**king threads on the same topic? f**k that grinds my gears  >:(
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Celt_Man

Quote from: Onion Bag on February 16, 2010, 03:12:05 PM
Why is there 2 f**king threads on the same topic? f**k that grinds my gears  >:(

And there is a thread for that...  ;D
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Tyrone Dreamer

So are the punches in the Kerry Cork game last week being ignored then? They weren't that serious but were at least as bad as what Justy McMahon got pulled for using video evidence. How do they justify ignoring these incidents while suspending 4 players from the Tyrone game? This selective use of video evidence makes a mockery of the system.

Farrandeelin

Remember, Mayo have to do without Ronaldson because of Tyrone's whinging. :P
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Zapatista

Quote from: Onion Bag on February 16, 2010, 03:12:05 PM

Is that the second time you posted that on this thread? If you had to do it twice you could have at least done once on each thread.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 19, 2010, 10:03:02 PM

It's only Tyrone game's they review so at least you's should be ok for the rest of the league.

Zapatista

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 19, 2010, 10:47:11 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 19, 2010, 10:03:02 PM

It's only Tyrone game's they review so at least you's should be ok for the rest of the league.

In fairness Tyrone are better to watch ;)