Televised Injustice Thread Service (T.I.T.S.)

Started by whiskeysteve, February 12, 2010, 02:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnpower

Quote from: ziggysego on February 13, 2010, 07:48:41 PM
Quote from: Club Rossa on February 13, 2010, 07:27:33 PM
Jerry Flannery could be in trouble after that kick today :o

Na, he's not from Tyrone.

Have not seen the incidents (been away ) sounds like a Christy Cooney special if you ask me .Was there some bad under current at the match .? These early season clamp downs usually fizzle out . Things have moved on since there was a disagreement with Dublin and Omagh a number of years ago with no objections been lodged . This retrospective justice has only to be saved for really serious incidents.

longrunsthefox

...except for Miskella and Whelan... and Kennelly gets a retrospective All Star

Club Rossa

Keith Higgins threw a punch at Sean O'Neill while Joe McMahon was getting the red card.Missed him by a mile though.

criostlinn

Ricey sticking the knee into the chest of the Mayo man when he was on the ground !!

Club Rossa

Ricey would never do anything like that,must have been mistaken identity ;)

up tyrone

If the cccc were handing out 4 bans in the derry v tyrone game last week they`ll certainly be far busier this week.Us up here in the other end of ireland will be watching the papers with our tinted glasses on.

Celt_Man

TV leaves Harte and Co "disadvantaged"

Tyrone boss Mickey Harte has claimed that featuring on live television is a "disadvantage" for a team.

Harte's mood wasn't helped by having another player, Joe McMahon, sent off during his side's 1-11 to 1-12 NFL Division One defeat to visitors Mayo.

The O'Neill County supremo was forced to do without three first-teamers for the game with the westerners because of controversial 'retrospective' red cards.

Conor Gormley, Martin Penrose and Justin McMahon all missed the game in Omagh by dint of video evidence from Tyrone's recent NFL defeat to Derry.

Harte argues that if you overrule referees via video evidence then you must tape and examine every single match.

"To do it fairly, every game in the League needs to be video-taped," Harte opined.

"If you do it with every game that's fine. I'm happy to live with that.

"But at the moment that doesn't seem to be the case so therefore you're disadvantaged if your games are on live TV.

"The fact is that had our game not been televised live last week we would have had Conor Gormley, Martin Penrose and Justin McMahon on our team today (versus Mayo)."

Should he not mean, had the boys not done what they done - they would have been here??
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

fitzroyalty

Celt_Man

Quote from: fitzroyalty on February 15, 2010, 03:07:28 PM
Exactly Celt Man! Yapping bastids!

But I do understand the principle of his arguement.... It should be done for all games and not just selective ones...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Zapatista

Quote from: Celt_Man on February 15, 2010, 03:13:04 PM

But I do understand the principle of his arguement.... It should be done for all games and not just selective ones...

Or none ;)

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

supersarsfields

Ya see this is the point most here are making. We're not trying to justify what the boys were sent of for. But it has to be a case that either all games are reviewed or they're not.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: supersarsfields on February 15, 2010, 03:34:32 PM

Ya see this is the point most here are making. We're not trying to justify what the boys were sent of for. But it has to be a case that either all games are reviewed or they're not.

Mayo, Dublin, Galway, Cork, Kerry all get alot of tv time, yet they don't seem to be complaining so much.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: supersarsfields on February 15, 2010, 03:34:32 PM

what really annoys me is that they clamp down on very minor things in a league game in febuary,hand out a raft of suspensions and when it comes to an allireland final, the pinacle of the year, tadgh kennelly can take the head off someone with out so much as a second glance. not to mention miskella in the semi!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Zapatista

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 15, 2010, 03:57:22 PM
what really annoys me is that they clamp down on very minor things in a league game in febuary,hand out a raft of suspensions and when it comes to an allireland final, the pinacle of the year, tadgh kennelly can take the head off someone with out so much as a second glance. not to mention miskella in the semi!

A long suspension would have taught him allright.

Your point still stands though.