Homophobia and racism in Ireland

Started by Olly, February 08, 2010, 10:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

I have no time for gypsy's, I have had nothing but  bad experiences with them, I guess i am a racist.,

Homosexuals were also a tough one for me but I got over that, hopefully I can begin to to think gypsies are lazy, robbing feckers who contribute nothing to society.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

trileacman

Quote from: stew on November 22, 2011, 05:31:58 PM
I have no time for gypsy's, I have had nothing but  bad experiences with them, I guess i am a racist.,

Homosexuals were also a tough one for me but I got over that, hopefully I can begin to to think gypsies are lazy, robbing feckers who contribute nothing to society.

Why?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

J70

Quote from: orangeman on November 22, 2011, 05:05:49 PM
A complaint has been made to gardaí over comments by Fine Gael Mayor of Naas Darren Scully, who said he would refuse to represent constituents of African origin.

Speaking to Clem Ryan on KFM's 'Kildare Today', Cllr Scully said he made his decision based on what he described as the ''aggressive attitude'' he has experienced when representations were made to him by ''black Africans''.

He said he would in future pass any representations from Africans on to other public representatives.

However, he stressed that this was his own view and not that of Naas Town Council.

A special meeting of Naas Town Council has been called this evening to discuss the matter.

Mayor Scully is expected to attend the meeting.

Mr Scully said that over his seven years as a councillor his experiences of dealing with "black Africans" were not good.

He said most of the issues had to do with housing and he had been met "with aggressiveness and bad manners".

Mr Scully said he has always made it clear that he would speak his mind and that following his comments last night he received "extremely nasty and abusive emails and text messages".

However, he insisted that he made his decision based on the experiences that he has had "with every single case over seven years".

This afternoon, Labour's Aodhán Ó Riordáin made a complaint under the Prohibition of Incitement to Hatred Act in relation to the comments.

A statement from Fine Gael said the views expressed by Cllr Scully do not reflect the views of Fine Gael and they are not party policy.

The statement added that the party will be looking into the matter of Cllr Scully's comments.

Fine Gael Minister of State Dinny McGinley has said that the comments were in no way reflective of Fine Gael's policy on immigrants.

Mr McGinley refused to be drawn on whether Mr Scully should resign or leave the party.

What a sc**bag. Its a poor reflection on his town that such a halfwit wins elections.

BennyCake

Oh, the PC brigade will be after you now!  ;)

J70

Its PC to question the demonization of an entire ethnic group based on a few personal interactions?

Maguire01

Quote from: BennyCake on November 22, 2011, 06:39:25 PM

Not before the punctuation police  :P

Maguire01

The most shocking thing about this story, for me, was the age of the Councillor. I read the story before I saw a picture and was expecting some old fella.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 22, 2011, 06:54:20 PM

That's not punctuation, that's spelling!  :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Maguire01

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on November 22, 2011, 07:03:52 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on November 22, 2011, 06:54:20 PM

That's not punctuation, that's spelling!  :P
Misuse of an apostrophe; well within the remit of the punctuation police. There may also be cause to call in the spelling police for this offending instance.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Spelling trumps punctuation every time.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

gallsman

Quote from: trileacman on November 22, 2011, 05:45:30 PM

Why?

Because he's a bigoted, narrow-minded f**k?

Christmas Lights

Quote from: gallsman on November 22, 2011, 07:46:58 PM

Why?

Let me ask you something Gallsman.......

Santino

That just made me leave sausages outta the freezer for brekkie

mylestheslasher

Quote from: gallsman on November 22, 2011, 07:46:58 PM

Why?

I would appear he is and he revels in it too obviously. Maybe he should run for mayor of Naas.

theskull1

:D...classic shoot from the hip stew right there.

What would Jesus think?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera