NFL Division 3 Thread

Started by SLIGONIAN, February 01, 2010, 06:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Willie Hegarty spoke on Shannonside about the 30 or so Roscommon Fan's that traveled to Sligo but he was Very Surprised by the low home Crowd?

why was this Sligonian with the chance to get to Division 2! if the boot was on the other foot us rossies would have Markievicz Park full

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mylestheslasher

Quote from: hardstation on April 11, 2010, 09:21:49 PM
Where will the final be? Is it still the case that it can't be in Ulster or Connacht as it is seen as an advantage?
Enniskillen and Clones, for example, are seen as an advantage to Antrim.

Surely they'll not play it with the Div 4 final in somewhere like Mullingar.

Breffni, Clones, Brewster or maybe Longford I would say. Mullingar would be daft.

Zulu

If it's a double header with the division 4 final then it will surely be further south as they'd hardly ask Limerick and Waterford to travel that far north would they?

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on April 11, 2010, 09:45:59 PM
Willie Hegarty spoke on Shannonside about the 30 or so Roscommon Fan's that traveled to Sligo but he was Very Surprised by the low home Crowd?

why was this Sligonian with the chance to get to Division 2! if the boot was on the other foot us rossies would have Markievicz Park full

Well i did comment on it on HS, I remember 5000 Sligofans down in Clare and in Cavan for promotion finale games and we blew it, we were at Home this time and was there 1000 at it. To me it fcking disgrace but I cant make people go. Sure you seen the u21 game, 8000 at it with at least 6000 rossies. Honestly fair play to those Rossies there today, are a credit to the county, and unlike mayo and galway who are constantly talking ye down as fans, I always got on best with the Rossies. What can I say Sligofans are gone missing. I dont what there waiting for, was a great day today, should of brought out the sunshines. Div2 is about as good as its gonna get IMO. Will be interested in the crowd at the div3 final..

There is no way they can play div3 &4 as a double header with the teams involved. Either make ours atriple header with div2 and 1 in croker, or play it as curtain raiser to Roscommon dublin in Brefni.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: hardstation on April 12, 2010, 12:43:25 AM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 12, 2010, 12:34:17 AM
Quote from: ross4life on April 11, 2010, 09:45:59 PM

Well i did comment on it on HS, I remember 5000 Sligofans down in Clare and in Cavan for promotion finale games and we blew it, we were at Home this time and was there 1000 at it. To me it fcking disgrace but I cant make people go. Sure you seen the u21 game, 8000 at it with at least 6000 rossies. Honestly fair play to those Rossies there today, are a credit to the county, and unlike mayo and galway who are constantly talking ye down as fans, I always got on best with the Rossies. What can I say Sligofans are gone missing. I dont what there waiting for, was a great day today, should of brought out the sunshines. Div2 is about as good as its gonna get IMO. Will be interested in the crowd at the div3 final..
It'll depend on the venue of the final. What would Sligo fans think of an early game in Croke Park, before the Div 1 and 2 finals?
If not, what about Omagh or Enniskillen? I know that it would probably be worth 3 or 4 points for Antrim to have it in Ulster but what do the Sligo lads think?

As a Cliffoney man Omagh or Enniskillen suits me fine. I would prefer Croke park to be honest, it seems most logical to me. Theyve had triple headers before. I wouldnt mind a look at mayo aswell before the CSFC. Its either a triple header or game on its own...

When will it be fixed, does anyone know?

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: hardstation on April 12, 2010, 12:58:38 AM
Excellent. GAA, look here, look here! We all want a triple header at Croke Park. It would be class, I swear.

I swear I will shout for Mayo aswell if ye fix there ;) :P

ross4life

well in 2007 in the semis we played Cavan & Monaghan played Meath in a double header under lights in Croke park the Final was played in Breffni
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Forgot to commiserate Wexford, they beat us well but we didnt turn up and in fairness to them they didnt either that day. But today i was wrong as they beat Antrim. Best of luck next yr in the leinster championship. We were lucky that it was scoring difference (thanks to Offaly beating antrim) and that Alan Costello got that ridiculous last min goal down south.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: hardstation on April 12, 2010, 01:28:15 AM
As like last year, Sligo will win the final. You might get them at evens, lump on. We've already won the 'league' as we did last year too. How can the league have a 'final', that's stupid.

;)

Very important game HS, good preparation for Championship is the Sligo view.. ;) trophy is just an added bonus if we win.

ross4life

Quote from: hardstation on April 12, 2010, 01:28:15 AM
As like last year, Sligo will win the final. You might get them at evens, lump on. We've already won the 'league' as we did last year too. How can the league have a 'final', that's stupid.

;)

is it a Sligo v Antrim Final? why don't the Gaa do it the way it was.. were you should have Antrim v limerick & Sligo v Waterford

winners play in final

Celt_Man

Well done to Antrim and Sligo on back to back promotion - fair achievement!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Celt_Man

Quote from: hardstation on April 12, 2010, 05:00:47 PM
24.04.10 (Sat)
Final

Luimneach V Port Lairge

Time: 5 00 PM, Venue: TBC

Referee: TBC

24.04.10 (Sat)
Final

Aontroim V Sligeach

Time: 7 00 PM, Venue: TBC

Referee: TBC

Hmm....

Portlaoise???  What a trek...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

SLIGONIAN

CROKE PARK HERE WE COME.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

NFL DIV3 FINAL
Antrim v Sligo, Croke Park, 7.00pm

Allianz NFL Division 4 final
Waterford v Limerick, Croke Park, 5.00pm

cornafean

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 12, 2010, 05:08:44 PM
CROKE PARK HERE WE COME.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

NFL DIV3 FINAL
Antrim v Sligo, Croke Park, 7.00pm

Allianz NFL Division 4 final
Waterford v Limerick, Croke Park, 5.00pm

They've obviously paid heed to Ross Carr's criticism from this time last year - a classic GAA quote in the making
"Is this the prize of gaining promotion, to be sent to Longford on a Saturday night?"
;D
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

SLIGONIAN

Lads in all fairness this makes no sense, there wont be 10,000 at it,

The best thing to do was have div3 and div2 finals double header, and div4 and div1 double header to get the crowds.

Will Waterford and Limerick bring any support? and judging by our support yday i cant see 3000 from Sligo going to it. Although I'll be there.

Still delighted though.