NFL Division 3 Thread

Started by SLIGONIAN, February 01, 2010, 06:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 12, 2010, 05:17:02 PM
Lads in all fairness this makes no sense, there wont be 10,000 at it,

The best thing to do was have div3 and div2 finals double header, and div4 and div1 double header to get the crowds.

Will Waterford and Limerick bring any support? and judging by our support yday i cant see 3000 from Sligo going to it. Although I'll be there.

Still delighted though.

well it's a double header repeat like 2007, the Sligo Game under lights should be worth the Trip alone then a few jars in Quinns should be done after! i'm sure Sligonian will have a great discussion on where it was won & lost there  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on April 12, 2010, 05:33:39 PM

The best thing to do was have div3 and div2 finals double header, and div4 and div1 double header to get the crowds.

Will Waterford and Limerick bring any support? and judging by our support yday i cant see 3000 from Sligo going to it. Although I'll be there.

Still delighted though.

well it's a double header repeat like 2007, the Sligo Game under lights should be worth the Trip alone then a few jars in Quinns should be done after! i'm sure Sligonian will have a great discussion on where it was won & lost there  ;)

I give my exclusive reports to internet forums only  :P. I never usually go to the pub before or after games, not much of drinker but I have to catch up with a few friends so will defo be seen in Flannerys and coppers later that. Just look out for the guy whos pulled the best looking bird in the place and more than likely itll be me.

Will defo go on the Sunday again aswell as 2 good games in prospect.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross4life

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 12, 2010, 05:43:07 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 12, 2010, 05:33:39 PM

Still delighted though.

I give my exclusive reports to internet forums only  :P. I never usually go to the pub before or after games, not much of drinker but I have to catch up with a few friends so will defo be seen in Flannerys and coppers later that. Just look out for the guy whos pulled the best looking bird in the place and more than likely itll be me.

Will defo go on the Sunday again aswell as 2 good games in prospect.

Flannerys..... good looking girls? i don't think that is possible  :D
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

rossie mad

I dont care what the expected attendance is but for a county to run out on the hallowed turf is a proud moment especially for the smaller counties in the lower divisions.

Imagine the ardent supporters of waterford football of the last 20 years or more.
Id safely say they never thought they would see the footballers playing in croke park yes its not an all ireland but to alot of these lads it is.

saffron sam2

Quote from: hardstation on April 12, 2010, 05:18:43 PM

Still delighted though.
Enough of that. I'll be full.

Fixed that for you.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

A Quinn Martin Production

Ballix....I was sure this would be in Enniskillen!! ;)
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

magpie seanie

Delighted with promotion and with the final in Croker. All league finals should be there regardless of crowds.

This league campaign has exceeded my expectations for Sligo. I expected us to be comfortably mid table (but feared a relegation fight if we got injuries) but fair play to the lads - they kicked on after the disastrous outing in Wexford and Div 2 is a nice place to be for next season.

Well done also to Antrim. 14 months ago the two counties were setting out on a bleak looking Div 4 campaign. A great achievement for both.

Celt_Man

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 13, 2010, 02:16:16 PM
Delighted with promotion and with the final in Croker. All league finals should be there regardless of crowds.

This league campaign has exceeded my expectations for Sligo. I expected us to be comfortably mid table (but feared a relegation fight if we got injuries) but fair play to the lads - they kicked on after the disastrous outing in Wexford and Div 2 is a nice place to be for next season.

Well done also to Antrim. 14 months ago the two counties were setting out on a bleak looking Div 4 campaign. A great achievement for both.

I agree with that 100%.  When Cavan played there a couple of years ago in the old Division 2 semi finals.... jaysus what a day.
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

SambaSaffron

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 13, 2010, 02:16:16 PM

Well said, see you in Quinns for a few pints!

Eastern_Pride

I would just like to say that that "outburst" on page 31 was IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS not me at all. Some hooligan managed to access my page after I left it online and caused as much damage as possible. A sincere apology, made on my knees.
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?