1 Aontroim       6 5 1 0 97 71 10
2 Loch Garman  6 4 2 0 83 76 8
3 Sligeach         6 4 2 0 93 86 8
4 An Cabhán      6 3 3 0 97 88 6
5 An Lú             6 3 3 0 83 80 6
6 Uibh Fhaili       6 3 3 0 89 92 6
7 Fear Manach   6 1 5 0 66 96 2
8 Ros Comáin     6 1 5 0 82 101 2

With that points difference its done and dusted for Antrim. Wexford/Sligo could come down to the head to head, which would favour Wexford, but as they're playing Antrim it could tie them all level, and then points diff would decide.

Roscommon relegated, just not good enough for Division 3 according to Seamus Duke on Mid West.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Cosmo Kramer

Shows the improvements made by both counties though.

We'll need to watch out in the Connacht quarter final. It's a seriously awkward opener for us against Sligo.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Gold

Quote from: hardstation on March 28, 2010, 04:42:11 PM
Wexford.

If we beat Wexford and Sligo get anything next week, the Div 3 final will be last year's Div 4 final. Unreal scenario.

are we up or not?

If Wexford beat us and Sligo win and we are all on 10 points do we go up as we beat Sligo? or is it points diff then? We've +26 while Wexford are +7 so you'd hope we wouldnt lose by that much next week
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

SLIGONIAN

Happy enough today, 1st half was very good, disappointing to let Fermanagh back to 3pts, but that was down to a useless ref, and then kicked on again to finish strong.

We were decent today but fermanagh were dire.

If Antrim win or draw and we win were up. If Wexford win, all we have to do is beat Roscommon by more than whatever wexford win by and we will be up. So to be honest very confident of going up but when Sligo are favourites usually we collapse but just cant see it happening with Marren and O Hara back.

Congrats to our players and management though, momentum and great reaction to wexford game.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

magpie seanie

Good man Sligonian. Yeah - super result as I thought Fermanagh would be hard beaten up there. When you only have the Ocean FM commentary to rely on its hard to know much about the game so if you had a chance it would be good to know who did well etc.

So two big games against Roscommon in the next two weeks and both in Markievicz Park. Looking forward to them.

sligoman2

I'm a little unclear on the new rules.  If wexford beat Antrim and we beat Roscommon does it mean we don't get promoted as we have lost to both of those teams?
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: hardstation on March 28, 2010, 11:06:42 PM
I have a feeling Roscommon could cause a surprise. Don't know why, just a feeling.
I think we'll beat Wexford too.

That means a Cavan win will see them go up.

Weve won all our home games HS, Roscommon already relegated, Sligo momentum going in and as I said marren and ohara back, jees i will be shocked if we mess this up.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

heineken_on_tap

Not so sure if Ros are better than the results, think division 4 is exactly where we we should be now. Not much to look forward to next year :-[

I would expect Sligo to beat us the next day but I suppose from a Ros point of view the U-21 encounter on Easter saturday will be much more important now.

saffron sam2

If Antrim get within 10 points of Wexford, the Saffrons gain a second consecutive promotion.

Am I right?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: saffron sam2 on March 29, 2010, 10:48:09 AM
If Antrim get within 10 points of Wexford, the Saffrons gain a second consecutive promotion.

Am I right?

Yes ss2...For Antrim to miss out I think the scenario is that Wexford have to beat Antrim by at least 10 points or more and Sligo have to beat Roscommon by 10 or more (or a greater combination that would leave Sligo ahead of Antrim on points diff. e.g. Antrim lose by 15, then Sligo would only need to win by 5).  Current points difference is Antrim +26, Wexford +7, Sligo +7.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

glens abu

Antrim played some great football at times on Sat night and if they continue this sort of form should get the result they need at Wexford.

heineken_on_tap

Hopefully Antrim go up, out of the teams I have seen in this division they are the best side.

sammymaguire

Is there no NFL Division 4 thread on this website? I was gonna check in and see what the craic was with the footballing strongholds of Carlow, Kilkenny, Leitrim, Limerick and Longford. No Ulster derbies for us lads next season to worry about which is a relief.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

boro

Its looking like Wexford could beat both Sligo and Antrim and still go out on points difference despite the head to head rule being introduced to prevent this happening.

Still we may beat Antrim first.....

Denn Forever

Quote from: sammymaguire on March 29, 2010, 12:34:07 PM
Is there no NFL Division 4 thread on this website? I was gonna check in and see what the craic was with the footballing strongholds of Carlow, Kilkenny, Leitrim, Limerick and Longford. No Ulster derbies for us lads next season to worry about which is a relief.

I knew I'd seen one.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=15350.0

Or alternatively look at the bottom of this main page
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...