NFL Division 3 Thread

Started by SLIGONIAN, February 01, 2010, 06:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louth Exile

Quote from: Lone Shark on March 15, 2010, 05:51:52 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on March 14, 2010, 09:20:55 PM
A certain internet tipster got his bet on Fermanagh badly wrong, good thing it was only a 1 pt recommendation  :D

I'll grant you that one, but in fairness if you were following this weekend you'd have done okay. Had a good cut off Tipp myself so managed to still emerge in the black despite backing Fermanagh and the Galway hurlers.

I agreed 100% with the Tipp recommendation, as I said, at least it was only 1 point recommendation. I said it last year and this year is no different, the standard in general is so poor in Div 3 and there are so many teams evenly matched, it can be a minefield for trying to pick winners. Mind you, my choice of the weekend in a last man standing competition was Derry  ::) So what do I know  :(
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

boro

Brutally average Wexford team named for the Fermanagh game :(. Due to suspensions and injuries the middle third of the field looks particularly weak. Despite being normally very good at home, I wouldn't be at all confident for Sunday now.

sammymaguire

Quote from: boro on March 19, 2010, 11:15:40 AM
Brutally average Wexford team named for the Fermanagh game :(. Due to suspensions and injuries the middle third of the field looks particularly weak. Despite being normally very good at home, I wouldn't be at all confident for Sunday now.

you'll still beat us, we are muck at the minute, looking at Div 4 football once again...  :-[
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

haranguerer

Quote from: boro on March 19, 2010, 11:15:40 AM

Dont be worrying yourself - yis'll be grand...

mattockranger

I don't know/ hear the louth team for the weekend...
but we're short 5 due to injuries but i'm sure a number of Rossies were playin U21 during the week....

Both teams desperate for points for oppisite reasons...I think rossies desperation could be enough
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

ross4life

i have a feeling the Rossies  will win on Sunday in a low scoring game! but it will be too late for relegation  :(

just playing for Pride now & it's important we get some type of form for the Championship

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

imtommygunn

Offaly Antrim will be a big one this weekend. Antrim, without their best forward so far, will be weakened somewhat. Could be the one they slip...

cavanmaniac

Quote from: ross4life on March 19, 2010, 05:42:45 PM
i have a feeling the Rossies  will win on Sunday in a low scoring game! but it will be too late for relegation  :(

just playing for Pride now & it's important we get some type of form for the Championship

Well I'm putting Ros down in my weekend multiple anyway so I hope you're right. They've been steadily improving, giving Antrim a game last weekend, and I think Louth have actually been rickety enough in of late according to all reports, despite the results.

I'm probably mental but sure what's money to a Cavan man, right?

Fermanaghandsam

Woke up this morning with renewed hope that fermanagh would win this weekend and stay up, am I mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drici

Quote from: hardstation on March 13, 2010, 11:49:27 PM

Will be in Tullamore.

hardstation doesn't read Aertel

mattockranger

maybe a future neutral venue for the league 2 final!!

But Drogheda aint in Offaly !!!
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

Emmett

Quote from: Fermanaghandsam on March 20, 2010, 02:05:36 PM
Woke up this morning with renewed hope that fermanagh would win this weekend and stay up, am I mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am the same!! Oh its tough being a Fermanagh fan. This is by far our best starting 15 of the year so fingers crossed a performance will follow

haranguerer

I havent seen the starting 15, fancy sticking it up?They cant have got a lot of match time even so.
5/2 though, i'll throw them in the accumulator sure, f**k it!

Fermanaghandsam

Theres the team that was announced, if it actually starts is a completely different story

Fermanagh: Ronan Gallagher, N Bogue, S Lyons, M O'Brien, B Mulrone, R McCluskey, T McElroy, J Sherry, M McGrath, R Jones, M Keenan, C Flaherty, R Keenan, Rory Gallagher, E Maguire.

sligoman2

big win today for us - we're back in the hunt.

Still a lot of work to do but the team showed great heart in the last 10 minutes.  Sweeney had a great game, Colm Mcgee was also impressive and Johny Davey as usual had a very strong outing.

We've got a chance at promotion but will have to stop giving the ball away if we are to stay in the hunt.
Cavan were ahead for most of the second half but seemed to run out of steam, also two of their forwards got injured by Philip Greene coming out for the ball.

Hard luck to Cavan.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.