NFL Division 3 Thread

Started by SLIGONIAN, February 01, 2010, 06:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

Cant see many Saffrons travelling to the Hyde, we havent travelled in numbers in my memory to any game bar the championship games last year (bar the Donegal opener when not many went)

I'd defo go myself only for club commitments--theres club games on from Div 3 to 6 at same time and many clubs if not all in Divs 1 and 2 will be playing challenge games prior to start of league

I'd love another win but being an Antrim fan i would never say we are going to win a game.

The Rossies love their football and have serious history with Clann na Gael, all ireland wins at senior and minor etc and will be hurting with how they are playin and may very well stop are bandwagon rolling
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

SambaSaffron

Same boat with the club commitments. Not sure I'd have went anyway, not the greatest road. But at the same time those are the good trips!

bannside

Away to Roscommon, Have to be there when St Galls bring home the bacon on Wednesday, and then Tullamore next weekend.

A good test for the genuine supporter!

As single definitely, a double likely, a treble touch and go.

Anyone on here up for the three? A round trip of approx 1200 miles!!

Louth Exile

Hoping to get up to the Louth game tommorrow under the guise of bringing the good lady up to Asda for a big shop  ;D Never been to Brewster Park, can anyone please direct me from Asda??
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

angermanagement

Quote from: ExiledGael on March 12, 2010, 06:06:22 PM
They're not just a flash in the pan though, this group of players have been developing for a while. They have numerous players who've been outstanding at Sigerson level for years and the St Gall's boys have proven themselves against the best many times, especially in the 7s.As much as it's down to attitude, belief, discipline and organisation, they've a group of seriously talented players there.

What has 7's got to do with competing at the top its a completely different game. 7's football is dominated by mediocre Down teams who have won fcuk all for years. Antrim are heading in the right direction but have a long way to go.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Louth Exile on March 13, 2010, 09:21:43 PM
Hoping to get up to the Louth game tommorrow under the guise of bringing the good lady up to Asda for a big shop  ;D Never been to Brewster Park, can anyone please direct me from Asda??

There is probably a better way than this but it will work. Come out of Asda, turn left, go past bus station, when you come to the bridge go right (left is for sligo), go right immediately across the 2nd bridge. Take the next left go down there a wee bit and take another left (at this stage you should be seeing parked cars etc). Now there is a right turn up there and the pitch is on your right. The boys from Fermanagh would tell you better but just in case they don't that should do the trick for you.

Gold

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 13, 2010, 10:12:04 PM

There is probably a better way than this but it will work. Come out of Asda, turn left, go past bus station, when you come to the bridge go right (left is for sligo), go right immediately across the 2nd bridge. Take the next left go down there a wee bit and take another left (at this stage you should be seeing parked cars etc). Now there is a right turn up there and the pitch is on your right. The boys from Fermanagh would tell you better but just in case they don't that should do the trick for you.

Take the left out of asda, take the next right after McDonalds, drive up that road 100 yards and Brewster is in to the left--will be signposted and cars will be there.

Myles thats some directions you gave, the whole way round the town and back to get to the pitch!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Gold on March 13, 2010, 11:34:38 PM

Take the left out of asda, take the next right after McDonalds, drive up that road 100 yards and Brewster is in to the left--will be signposted and cars will be there.

Myles thats some directions you gave, the whole way round the town and back to get to the pitch!

I knew it was round the house but wasn't sure of the other route but sure didn't want the lad ending up in Lisnaskea.

Louth Exile

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 14, 2010, 09:53:39 AM

I knew it was round the house but wasn't sure of the other route but sure didn't want the lad ending up in Lisnaskea.

Cheers lads, now I just need to convince the mother or my children that mothers day would be a great day to go shopping! Its alright Myles. we might go through Lisnaskeagh on the way back  :D
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

haranguerer

I think he'll probably be coming out of asda at the park entrance beside the tech?

In which case, turn right, then left at the top of that road, then right again, from there park up anywhere you can after 500 yards and follow the traffic (actually, just remembered how we're going, take the first left on that road, you should be able to park at the pitch...)  We outnumber the huns in our part of the world anyway, so just ask anyone, they'll be gaa ppl, unless they're rare lookin....and/or wearing a rangers (or tyrone) top

ross4life

Roscommon 0-14 Antrim 0-16

the Fat lady is well singing on Roscommon now!

the Awful Start 5pts to 0 lost it for us, playing catch up the whole match, the extra man & wind advance in the 2nd half didn't make much Difference!

one plus point at least where not getting hammered so we have improved in the last 3 games

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

imtommygunn

Big result for cavan opens things up. Big result for sligo too. With wexford getting beat then if antrim were to beat wexford they'd be right back in there.

Very tight division. Should be antrim's last game without the st galls game. They'll be needed against Offaly and Wexford.

An antrim man sent off ross4life? Who was it?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ross4life on March 14, 2010, 04:19:00 PM

the Awful Start 5pts to 0 lost it for us, playing catch up the whole match, the extra man & wind advance in the 2nd half didn't make much Difference!

one plus point at least where not getting hammered so we have improved in the last 3 games

Feck, from a purely selfish point of view this cannot be good for Connacht football. Really is a shame that Roscommon will probably be Division 4 bound, when the lowest they should ever be is Division 2.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ross4life

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 14, 2010, 04:26:12 PM

Feck, from a purely selfish point of view this cannot be good for Connacht football. Really is a shame that Roscommon will probably be Division 4 bound, when the lowest they should ever be is Division 2.

Sligo were a Division 4 team when they won the Connacht championship 2007 But Roscommon can't win a game in this poor Division which doesn't have good reading for the championship

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ross4life on March 14, 2010, 04:48:11 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 14, 2010, 04:26:12 PM

Sligo were a Division 4 team when they won the Connacht championship 2007 But Roscommon can't win a game in this poor Division which doesn't have good reading for the championship

No insult to Sligo but that has to be the worse Connacht Championship since the early 1990's.

At least the last time Roscommon won in 2001, they had to beat the National League Champions - Mayo and the eventual All-Ireland Champions - Galway. That years League Semi-Finalists where Mayo, Galway, Roscommon & Sligo.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.