NFL Division 3 Thread

Started by SLIGONIAN, February 01, 2010, 06:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 03, 2010, 09:40:51 PM
Yeah, Gary Cox was a good one. Best of luck to him.

Minder, I think its €12/£10 for league games.

Cheers, was €12/£10 into the Antrim v Carlow Div 2 hurling so the prices must be uniform across the divisions.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

drici

Heard that the smokers will be happy as long as there are more people in Casement than can be contained in the stand.

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on March 03, 2010, 10:24:33 PM
Quote from: Minder on March 03, 2010, 10:19:55 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 03, 2010, 09:40:51 PM
Yeah, Gary Cox was a good one. Best of luck to him.

Minder, I think its €12/£10 for league games.

Cheers, was €12/£10 into the Antrim v Carlow Div 2 hurling so the prices must be uniform across the divisions.
I would say you'd get better value for money on Saturday night.

If the two teams just did their warm up on Saturday night and then went home i would say it would be better value.

Minder

Quote from: drici on March 03, 2010, 10:27:20 PM
Heard that the smokers will be happy as long as there are more people in Casement than can be contained in the stand.

That really gets on my nuts the way you are forced to sit in the stand, you cannot even stand below the stand.

imtommygunn

I'm not sure I get what you're saying unless it's that Sean Kelly will be a straight swap for O'Hagan??

Good enough line up. Will be interested to see how O'Boyle does. Haven't seen much of corner back McCann either.

Probably a weak enough bench - especially in defense. Still - Kelly , McLean and Brady to come back so not too bad.

imtommygunn

Loughrey has played a lot more at half forwards than defense for St Brigids from anything I've seen.

I think it will be a  good move. We're weak in the HF line and Loughrey is a player with a prefect engine for HF. Also Sean Kelly is the best footballer in Antrim and has to be accomodated.

Brady is maybe lacking a wee bit in pace for HF. We were poor in that area last year. Loughrey, McCann(Tomas) and AN other (Close is excellent but think he will be a bit short of c'ship team) . Personally I hope Herron works out at MF and him and Gallagher can play there then Michael McCann can go CHF. Tomas is good but he isn't a CHF.

Haven't seen much of O'Hagan - good backup if Scullion goes into headless chicken mode anyway.

mattockranger

Antrim seem head and shoulders above anyone at this level.....
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

imtommygunn

Wwouldn't say that. Poor fermanagh team tonight and woeful ref.

Antrim looked good in parts but in truth a good few of the fermanagh boys would be a bit short of this level. Would be different come summer.

FermPundit

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 06, 2010, 09:43:47 PM
Wwouldn't say that. Poor fermanagh team tonight and woeful ref.

Antrim looked good in parts but in truth a good few of the fermanagh boys would be a bit short of this level. Would be different come summer.

The referee was woeful. The sending off did change the game but in truth we never looked like winning. Paddy Cunningham was very impressive this evening. If only we had a player of his ability

Only three of the Fermanagh team started in the championship last year. We really are down to the bare bones. I really hope we get Marty McGrath and Eamon Maguire back soon because we're in depth relegation trouble. Heading down to division 4 is unthinkable
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Gold

Fermanagh were not good tonight--they have a completely different team than previously and that cant be easy--they're simply missing too many main players in Owens, McCluskey, McGrath, Little, Maguire etc and are bound to struggle.

In saying that, Antrim were very good in spells and could have won by more if they had have not fallen asleep a few times. The glory days for the Saffrons are a world away from losing in Ardfinnan and to Waterford on the last day in Div 4 2 years ago. It's magic!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

FermPundit

Quote from: Gold on March 06, 2010, 10:07:13 PM
Fermanagh were not good tonight--they have a completely different team than previously and that cant be easy--they're simply missing too many main players in Owens, McCluskey, McGrath, Little, Maguire etc and are bound to struggle.

In saying that, Antrim were very good in spells and could have won by more if they had have not fallen asleep a few times. The glory days for the Saffrons are a world away from losing in Ardfinnan and to Waterford on the last day in Div 4 2 years ago. It's magic!

My only concern would be if Paddy Cunnigham has an off day then Antrim might struggle, but Baker has done a superb job with them. We always knew there were good footballers in Antrim, it was just a question of getting the required committment and everyone moving in the same direction. Antrim remind me of Fermanagh before about 10 years ago when we were at the start of some very successful years.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

ross4life

Quote from: Minder on March 03, 2010, 07:41:12 PM
How much are they charging in for these Div 3 games? Might jump on the Antrim bandwagon this weekend.

A change of mind, did the price put you off?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

haranguerer

Quote from: FermPundit on March 06, 2010, 10:25:57 PM
Quote from: Gold on March 06, 2010, 10:07:13 PM

My only concern would be if Paddy Cunnigham has an off day then Antrim might struggle, but Baker has done a superb job with them. We always knew there were good footballers in Antrim, it was just a question of getting the required committment and everyone moving in the same direction. Antrim remind me of Fermanagh before about 10 years ago when we were at the start of some very successful years.

I dont think Antrim are over reliant on him at all, and will be even less so when CJ is back. Magill was also very good tonight, Egon should have been on earlier, better match size wise, and Loughrey also caught the eye.

Fermanagh are in deep trouble. Tommy McElroy scored two nice points, and Kevin Cosgrove did better than expected, but they're well off the pace. It was an improvement on the Roscomon game though, that gives you an idea how bad that was, and also how hard you have to look for a 'positive'

Minder

Quote from: ross4life on March 06, 2010, 10:45:30 PM
Quote from: Minder on March 03, 2010, 07:41:12 PM
How much are they charging in for these Div 3 games? Might jump on the Antrim bandwagon this weekend.

A change of mind, did the price put you off?

Nah boss, was down at my wifes cousins today and wasn't back up to Belfast in time.

Caid

I dont think Antrim are over reliant on him at all, and will be even less so when CJ is back.

will he be back?!
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written