NFL Division 3 Thread

Started by SLIGONIAN, February 01, 2010, 06:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

It's all "diwowin the cooooonthry" to them lads in RTE.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

boro

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 02, 2010, 01:25:30 PM
Thanks boro, im back home so myself and Dad will be heading, we are in North Sligo so very early start. Game throws in at 13.00, wont be chancing the 96 astra though :D. Its my first county match this yr so cant wait. We will be a full strength besides our top scorer Marren and E O Hara, I presuming Mattie Forde is still out for ye, last time we Played was in Markievicz 2 yrs ago and ye won by a point, but Forde was awesome. Ye threatenend a big break through back then, so we would be very happy with a win but no guarntee. Will lyng be playing?

No Mattie as yet but hes back training with the club, so see we might see him on the bench before the league is out. Lyng will be playing alright, he was very good against offaly, so he will take a bit of markin. Really looking forward to this now, hoping for a dry day and our forwards to have their kickin boots on. Would be worried about our midfield though.   

sammymaguire

Quote from: hardstation on March 02, 2010, 10:13:02 PM
Really looking forward to Saturday night against Fermanagh. We're on a bit of a high at the minute. A win would be fantastic. I never dreamt we'd be on 6 points after the first 3 games. That would leave us with a decent chance of making the top 2. We're going well but you never know how we would deal with a set back.

Fermanagh haven't exactly been flying thus far. (fair enough but the game v Rocomoon should be the kick up the arse those guys need to raise their games) home advantage may make the difference for you

jumping the gun a little hardstation... should be a good game at the weekend!  ;)
Position   Team   Played   Won   Lost   Drawn   For   Against   Points
1   Aontroim   2   2   0   0   34   25   4
2   An Cabhán   2   1   1   0   37   32   2
3   Uibh Fhaili   2   1   1   0   32   30   2
4   An Lú   2   1   1   0   29   28   2
5   Sligeach   2   1   1   0   31   31   2
6   Loch Gar   2   1   1   0   28   29   2
7   Fear Man   2   1   1   0   25   27   2
8   Ros Comáin   2   0   2   0   24   38   0
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

AZOffaly

Big game for Offaly on Sunday. A win at home versus Roscommon would be attainable, and is needed to just reinforce the win over Fermanagh. It also will help in the promotion/relegation stakes because this division is so tight that I'd expect probably 5-6 points to separate second from second last.

Roscommon have a decent record here, they relegated us a couple of years ago, and beat us well last year too.

Roscommon look in bad shape, but they'll surely improve. We're not pulling up any trees ourselves, and first of all we need to make sure we don't go down. We could really do with winning this...

rossie mad

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 03, 2010, 12:49:36 PM
Big game for Offaly on Sunday. A win at home versus Roscommon would be attainable, and is needed to just reinforce the win over Fermanagh. It also will help in the promotion/relegation stakes because this division is so tight that I'd expect probably 5-6 points to separate second from second last.

Roscommon have a decent record here, they relegated us a couple of years ago, and beat us well last year too.

Roscommon look in bad shape, but they'll surely improve. We're not pulling up any trees ourselves, and first of all we need to make sure we don't go down. We could really do with winning this...

Since the last time we played it seems roles reversed.

I wouldnt play on last years game too much as i think you will agree offaly football was probably at its lowest ever point at the week of that game.

i was at that game and it was obvious very few offaly players wanted to be there but ye seem to have sorted that out so things are different this time around.

I will be travelling in hope like enniskillen but with a bit more optimism because of enniskillen.
We have a good record against yourselves in tullamore but that will count for nothing as both sides are very different from the last game in tullamore.

I would like to think we could get our first win and hopefully start the climb to obtaining DIV 3 status for next season.
however this offaly team seem to have turned tullamore into a bit of fortress and on this reason i think we will be narrowly beaten.
Still havent heard any team but i would think we should be around the same as the fermanagh game.

On the other games in the div i am going for sligo to beat wexford by two points,Louth to beat cavan and my banker of the weekend antrim to beat fermanagh.

I am going to lump a sizable amount on the saffrons as i just cant see them being beat for the simple reason i have seen fermanagh up close and i just cant see them beating anyone else in this div.

mattockranger

Quote from: rossie mad on March 03, 2010, 04:21:08 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 03, 2010, 12:49:36 PM

Since the last time we played it seems roles reversed.

I wouldnt play on last years game too much as i think you will agree offaly football was probably at its lowest ever point at the week of that game.

i was at that game and it was obvious very few offaly players wanted to be there but ye seem to have sorted that out so things are different this time around.

I will be travelling in hope like enniskillen but with a bit more optimism because of enniskillen.
We have a good record against yourselves in tullamore but that will count for nothing as both sides are very different from the last game in tullamore.

I would like to think we could get our first win and hopefully start the climb to obtaining DIV 3 status for next season.
however this offaly team seem to have turned tullamore into a bit of fortress and on this reason i think we will be narrowly beaten.
Still havent heard any team but i would think we should be around the same as the fermanagh game.

On the other games in the div i am going for sligo to beat wexford by two points, Louth to beat cavan and my banker of the weekend antrim to beat fermanagh.

I am going to lump a sizable amount on the saffrons as i just cant see them being beat for the simple reason i have seen fermanagh up close and i just cant see them beating anyone else in this div.

Although we have cavan at home and we defeated them in Drogheda last year in a tight game I can't see it happening this year!!

Nicholas walsh is out but i think our 2 first choice midfielders will not make it

We're a average side with poor management....
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

boojangles

Wheres the Antrim game this wkend?

Denn Forever

Brewster I think but is it Sat or Sun?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

ross4life

Paddy Power Weekend matches odds

Wexford v Sligo   10/11  Draw 15/2   11/10
Offaly v Roscommon  4/7    Draw 15/2   7/4
Louth v Cavan   5/6    Draw 15/2    6/5
Antrim v Fermanagh  8/13   Draw 15/2   6/4

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

We want Antrim and naturally Ros to win and definite results in the other 2 games to tighten the whole Division up.
Two points very badly needed and i'm half hopeful....but no more.
By the way I see Gary Cox has retired from Inter County suffering ongoing injury and a rumour of arthritis taking hold,which I hope isnt true.
Farewell Gary and despite me not always being complimentary  ::) of your efforts we could have done with your experience for another year.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Denn Forever

Seeing as it is casement, have a look and see what the weather is doing there.

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Minder

How much are they charging in for these Div 3 games? Might jump on the Antrim bandwagon this weekend.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

Quote from: Rossfan on March 03, 2010, 07:35:16 PM
We want Antrim and naturally Ros to win and definite results in the other 2 games to tighten the whole Division up.
Two points very badly needed and i'm half hopeful....but no more.
By the way I see Gary Cox has retired from Inter County suffering ongoing injury and a rumour of arthritis taking hold,which I hope isnt true.
Farewell Gary and despite me not always being complimentary  ::) of your efforts we could have done with your experience for another year.

yep has been discussed over on the Stolensheep forum with plenty of good wishes for Gary

Cox never let the Rossies down, he'll be missed i wish him well on his Retirement
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

magpie seanie

Yeah, Gary Cox was a good one. Best of luck to him.

Minder, I think its €12/£10 for league games.