NFL Division 3 Thread

Started by SLIGONIAN, February 01, 2010, 06:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

[/quote]

Would relegation really be such a disaster for Roscommon if it comes to it? If you're not Div 3 standard at the moment there's no point being there, in Div 4 you could get some wins, build the confidence of the younger lads and improve from there.
[/quote]

i believe the one of the Reason why Roscommon are so bad is having to play in Division three in the First place!

when Rocommon were a division 1 team Beating the likes of Dublin, Donegal Tyrone & Kerry we were then able to at least compete in connaught with Mayo & Galway!

off course today is a different story getting hammered by the likes of armagh, fermanagh & Cavan in the league & when it comes to the championship Galway beat us by 18pts & mayo by 20pts becomes no surprise

the answer to our problem's is Roscommon players need to pull themselves together somehow in the remaining fixtures & restore some pride & work from there....

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

imtommygunn

Hmm interesting theory Ross4life but when Roscommon were beating these teams in the league they had the players to beat these teams.

They do not now.

I can't remember all of Ross's players granted but Grehan, O'Neill in MF, the boy who scored one of the best goals I've seen from midfield for your good club side, a wing half back and one or two others were good players. Also Frankie Dolan, when head not up backside, was a cracking player too.

You don't have those quality of players now. Your man Shine sounds good but not seen him in action.

Also those guys were experienced.

FermGael

Just going to ask the Antrim posters was there any reason the Gallaghers flayed for us last weekend and
their club mates did not play for Antrim??
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

imtommygunn

Milltown row would know...

I giuess maybe because some played sigerson they chose to.

You couldn't really have one st galls boy play for antrim and not all of them.

Just a theory mind as I've no idea really but I would guess they asked to.

saffron sam2

Quote from: FermGael on February 12, 2010, 09:38:46 PM
Just going to ask the Antrim posters was there any reason the Gallaghers flayed for us last weekend and
their club mates did not play for Antrim??

Yes, Malachy O'Rourke asked them to, whereas Baker didn't.

Wrong approach by the Ernemen IMHO given that Antrim won whereas Fermanagh lost.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ross4life

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 12, 2010, 09:32:28 PM
Hmm interesting theory Ross4life but when Roscommon were beating these teams in the league they had the players to beat these teams.

They do not now.

I can't remember all of Ross's players granted but Grehan, O'Neill in MF, the boy who scored one of the best goals I've seen from midfield for your good club side, a wing half back and one or two others were good players. Also Frankie Dolan, when head not up backside, was a cracking player too.

You don't have those quality of players now. Your man Shine sounds good but not seen him in action.

Also those guys were experienced.

i did say one of the reasons  ;)

indeed we don't have the players now but playing in division 4 won't help the better players

my belief is  in a few years time we should have estabished Senior players like Cregg, Keenan, Shine, Kilbride, Ormsby, Domican & hopefully some more young players from the minor 2007/2008/2009 teams will make it at the senior grade

as the saying goes.... rome wasn't built in a day & it's gonna take a lot of PATIENCE from us Rossies before then
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

ross4life

Roscommon lose by a point with the goal in the last kick of the match  >:( while cavan are beaten at home by 9pts

Fermanaghandsam

Roscommon were truely awful tonight, Fermanagh were even worst and the ref even worst than that!!!

Roscommon must have kicked over 10 wides and had 75% of the ball but done nothing with it. Fermanagh could not get a ball in midfield. With Fermanagh only fielding about 4 of last years championship team it is clear to see we need some of last years men back quick!!! We have a small playing pool and don't have the strength in depth which was clear tonight.

We robbed Roscommon tonight, but a win is a win at the end of the day. And I will try to take some positives, this list will not be long!!
1) Blobby won everything that came to him (all about 4 balls) and looked a real outlet.
2) James Sherry looked decent in midfield
3) Thats it!!!!!!

sammymaguire

very bad game at Brewster Park tonight, both teams very poor. simple as
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

ross4life

Quote from: Fermanaghandsam on February 13, 2010, 10:14:19 PM
Roscommon were truely awful tonight, Fermanagh were even worst and the ref even worst than that!!!

Roscommon must have kicked over 10 wides and had 75% of the ball but done nothing with it. Fermanagh could not get a ball in midfield. With Fermanagh only fielding about 4 of last years championship team it is clear to see we need some of last years men back quick!!! We have a small playing pool and don't have the strength in depth which was clear tonight.

We robbed Roscommon tonight, but a win is a win at the end of the day. And I will try to take some positives, this list will not be long!!
1) Blobby won everything that came to him (all about 4 balls) and looked a real outlet.
2) James Sherry looked decent in midfield
3) Thats it!!!!!!

i'm confused Roscommon  were awful yet they had 75% of the ball? i think most of those wides were in the 1st half then shine found his scoring boots again & scored 6pts

i must have overated Fermanagh cause i felt they would one of the best teams in this Div? as sadly looks like div 4 for us for the first time  :(

Fermanaghandsam

When I said they were awful, it was not there ability to get the ball that was there problem, it was there decision making and passing when they had it. A good team would have beat fermanagh by 7/8 points tonight with the amount of ball they had, but Roscommon just couldnt put fermanagh away and never really looked that likely too, even with the amount of ball they had. Your problem will come when you only get 50% of the ball. The full forward however was excellent at his frees!!

Both teams however were awful, so many unforced errors and misplaced passes, but I suppose it is still early feb and both teams did show good commintment.

With regards Div4, I feel we could both be heading there.

haranguerer

A decent team would have beat Fermanagh by more than 7 or 8 points. Roscommon much the better team. Your lad Shine missed some amount of frees in the first half.

I'll be happy if Fermanagh stay up - shocking stuff.

ross4life

Quote from: Fermanaghandsam on February 13, 2010, 10:37:14 PM
When I said they were awful, it was not there ability to get the ball that was there problem, it was there decision making and passing when they had it. A good team would have beat fermanagh by 7/8 points tonight with the amount of ball they had, but Roscommon just couldnt put fermanagh away and never really looked that likely too, even with the amount of ball they had. Your problem will come when you only get 50% of the ball. The full forward however was excellent at his frees!!

Both teams however were awful, so many unforced errors and misplaced passes, but I suppose it is still early feb and both teams did show good commintment.

With regards Div4, I feel we could both be heading there.

Fair enough but Roscommon & ability to win the ball :o is something i have not seen since the Seamus O Neill Days!

When Fermanagh get's their players back they should win there remaining games

FermGael

As a Fermanagh man that is as poor as i have seen us play in 10 years.
The referee was one of the worst i have ever seen and gave us alot in the second half.
He should never be let near an intercounty game again.
Roscommon were robbed.  Our defence looks completely clueless.  Roscommon cut through us at will in the second half.
Roscommon have alot more to take from that game than us.
We were very lucky and this win is just papering over very obvious cracks.
Antrim could hammer us in 2 weeks unless things change
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered