NFL Division 3 Thread

Started by SLIGONIAN, February 01, 2010, 06:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

I think you have.  From INDIANA in the Sigerson thread.

Re: Sigerson Cup
« Reply #111 on: Today at 12:52:19 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forgot to add . Johnson broke his elbow yesterday for DCU. Looked nasty. Out for the whole NFL and Sigerson obviously.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

INDIANA

Big blow for Cavan. Johnson is a genius and Cavan just won't get promoted without him. He was moving well too.

boro

Very under strength wexford team headin to Louth, especially up front. We could be trouble unless its a very low scoring game :-\

cavanmaniac

Barely arsed about the whole thing, so impoverished do I rate Cavan's chances. Carr has done nothing to indicate he has a handle on what's required or the energy and drive to implement it, there should at least be two worse teams in the division than us. If we're about our business early, we should avoid releagtion more comfortably but promotion is way too ambitious as far as I can see.

Louth are flying and will be hard beat early on until fitness levels even out, I'd make themselves and Sligo favourites for the top two spots.

Rossie11

From a Ross point of view I wouldnt be anyways confident of doing well.
Relegation is alot more probable than promotion for us. It could be the same as last years Div 3 where Limerick
went down on scoring averages.
It will be a case of which team hits the crowd running and builds up confidence quickly.
From that I believe the form team to be Sligo following last years league and the Kerry performance
I am having a few bob on them to win the division as I think they are shoo-ins to be in top 2.

Fermanagh should be good enough to join them and its take your pick from the rest to be relegated
with the losers of Ross V Cavan this week favs to go.

aontroim

Antrim Team v Sligo tomorrow - couple of non-regulars in there.  I'd imagine O'Connell will not play in the ff line and will come out as a third midfielder.

1. SEAN MC GREEVY                   
2. DERMOT MC CANN                   
3. PAUL DOHERTY                         
4. KEVIN O BOYLE                         
5  TONY SCULLION                       
6. JUSTIN CROZIER                         
7. DEAGHLAN O HAGAN               
8. MICHAEL MC CANN                   
9. BRENDAN HERRON                   
10. KIERAN CLOSE                         
11. TOMAS MC CANN
12. JAMES LOUGHERY
13. PATRICK CUNNINGHAM
14. MICHAEL MAGILL
15. NEIL O CONNELL

16. JOHN FINNUCANE
17. KEVIN BRADY
18. PATRICK CAREY
19. AARON DOUGLAS
20. DAMIEN GAULT
21. GERARD O BOYLE
22. CONOR MAXWELL
23. CONOR MURRAY
24. MICHAEL POLLOCK
25. CHRIS LAVERY

Rossfan

No sign of a Ros team yet but Senan Kilbride and Brian Higgins are bth injured. A few lads were playing Sigerson during the week so I suspect Fergal will only finalise things tonight.
I expect it'll be Claffey, Seanie-Killelea and either Ormsby ro Domo, Domo or Purcell-Ian Kilbride-Rogers, Mark O'C and Finneran/Freeman, Forwards from Cregg,O'Gara,Donie,Enda K,Ger H,Gary Cox  with possibly Kevin H or Terence Kelly if we have to.
Not very confident but it would be nice to trim Tommy Truck's velvet. :)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Rossie11 on February 06, 2010, 12:42:30 PM
From a Ross point of view I wouldnt be anyways confident of doing well.
Relegation is alot more probable than promotion for us. It could be the same as last years Div 3 where Limerick
went down on scoring averages.
It will be a case of which team hits the crowd running and builds up confidence quickly.
From that I believe the form team to be Sligo following last years league and the Kerry performance
I am having a few bob on them to win the division as I think they are shoo-ins to be in top 2.

Fermanagh should be good enough to join them and its take your pick from the rest to be relegated
with the losers of Ross V Cavan this week favs to go.

I think people will find Sligo are being hyped a bit too much for this division in some quarters, I expect Antrim to beat them tomorrow.

Rossfan

Roscommom Team to play Cavan tomorrow announced
  Date : 06/02/2010 17:00 
                         Roscommon V Cavan

1.            Geoffrey Claffey              Geoffraí Mac Liathimh               Caisléan Riabhach

2.            Sean McDermott             Seán Mac Diarmada                 Gaeil an Iarthair

3.            Michael Killelea               Mícheál Mac Giolla Léith          Caisléan Riabhach

4.            Peter Domican                 Peadar Ó Domgháin                 Naomh Bríd

5.            Niall Carty                       Niall Ó Cárthaigh                      Na Piarsaigh

6.            Ian Kilbride                     Eoin Mac Giolla Bhríde             Naomh Bríd

7.            John Rogers                    Seán Mac Ruairí                       Beal na Buillí

8.            Michael Finneran              Mícheál Ó Finnthírn                  Naomh Dominic

9.            Mark O'Carroll               Marcas Ó Cearúill                    Naomh Bríd

10.        Sean Purcell                    Seán Ó Puirséil                        Mainistir na Buile

11.        David O'Gara                 Dáithí Ó Gadhra                       Gaeil Ros Comáin

12.        Cathal Cregg                   Cathal de Creag                       Gaeil an Iarthair

13.        Ger Heneghan                 Gearard Ó hÉanacháin             Caisléan Riabhach

14.        Donal Shine                     Donal Ó Seighin                       Clann na nGael

15.        Enda Kenny                    Éanna Ó Cionaoith                   Caisléan Riabhach

16.        Mark Miley                     Marcas Ó Maolaoidh               Naomh Dominic

17.        Stephen Ormsby              Stiofán Armas                           Naomh Faithleach

18.        Colm Garvey                   Colm Ó Gairbhith                     Cill Mór

19.        Paul Freeman                  Pól Mac an tSaoir                     Éire Óg

20.        James McDermott           Séamas Mac Diarmada             Gaeil Ros Comáin

21.        Kevin Higgins                  Caoimhín Ó hUiginn                  Gaeil an Iarthair

22.        Cathal McHugh               Cathal MacAodha                    Naomh Bríd

23.        Terrance Kelly                 Toirleach Ó Ceallaigh               Naomh Aodhán

24.        Gary Cox                        Gearoid Mac an Choiligh          Naomh Faithleach

Manager:          Fergal O'Donnell

Selectors:         Stephen Bohan, Mark Dowd, Declan Hoare

Hmmmm...thought Cathal McHugh would have started ...but we'll see.

mattockranger

Reports from the indo today....Fermanagh & Offaly

Which made me rethink Offalys credentials and status in the so called group of slow death!!

They finished last season in 3rd position 3 points off promotion considering their managerial turmoil and with star players away travelling...
They could be a force to be reckoned with alot of teams are overlooking them assisted by a very low profile going into the competition...and with 4 home ties....they could be serious Dark horses!!
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

mattockranger

Quote from: Rossfan on February 06, 2010, 07:06:08 PM
Roscommom Team to play Cavan tomorrow announced
  Date : 06/02/2010 17:00 
                         Roscommon V Cavan

1.            Geoffrey Claffey              Geoffraí Mac Liathimh               Caisléan Riabhach

2.            Sean McDermott             Seán Mac Diarmada                 Gaeil an Iarthair

3.            Michael Killelea               Mícheál Mac Giolla Léith          Caisléan Riabhach

4.            Peter Domican                 Peadar Ó Domgháin                 Naomh Bríd

5.            Niall Carty                       Niall Ó Cárthaigh                      Na Piarsaigh

6.            Ian Kilbride                     Eoin Mac Giolla Bhríde             Naomh Bríd

7.            John Rogers                    Seán Mac Ruairí                       Beal na Buillí

8.            Michael Finneran              Mícheál Ó Finnthírn                  Naomh Dominic

9.            Mark O'Carroll               Marcas Ó Cearúill                    Naomh Bríd

10.        Sean Purcell                    Seán Ó Puirséil                        Mainistir na Buile

11.        David O'Gara                 Dáithí Ó Gadhra                       Gaeil Ros Comáin

12.        Cathal Cregg                   Cathal de Creag                       Gaeil an Iarthair

13.        Ger Heneghan                 Gearard Ó hÉanacháin             Caisléan Riabhach

14.        Donal Shine                     Donal Ó Seighin                       Clann na nGael

15.        Enda Kenny                    Éanna Ó Cionaoith                   Caisléan Riabhach

Is that the same lad  who is playin centre back for UUJ??
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

Rossfan

That's him alright. Used to be in Sligo IT.

haranguerer

Quote from: mattockranger on February 06, 2010, 07:11:31 PM
Reports from the indo today....Fermanagh & Offaly

Which made me rethink Offalys credentials and status in the so called group of slow death!!

They finished last season in 3rd position 3 points off promotion considering their managerial turmoil and with star players away travelling...
They could be a force to be reckoned with alot of teams are overlooking them assisted by a very low profile going into the competition...and with 4 home ties....they could be serious Dark horses!!

Tomorrow will tell a lot. I think Fermanagh are vulnerable to be honest. I dont know enough about Offaly to know whether they'll be able to expose it, but you're right on the home advantage - its very important.

SLIGONIAN

Sligo losing to Antrim by 1pt with 10mins left, poor performance so far
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

SLIGONIAN

Antrim have won 1pt, fcking disaster

That Oceanfm commentator should be shot, "sean davey its over the bar, great score oh its taled wide,"  >:(

Only ourselves to blame, had the chances, workrate was good though. We arent as good as everyone thinks and I include myself in that. Congrats to Antrim.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"