NFL Division 3 Thread

Started by SLIGONIAN, February 01, 2010, 06:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 02, 2010, 11:14:35 PM
I think Cavan will do well to stay in the division but I suppose you never know what would happen if you won a game or two early and got some momentum.

I really cant see Cavan going down - I know they have their problems, but they're never easily pushed over in Breffni.

Easy knowing the whole thing hasnt started yet by how nice everyone is being about everyone elses chances - I'd say will be a different story when there are a few incident filled games to mull over!!  :D

SambaSaffron

I reckon we'll struggle tbh. We've lost half our team since last year, with the St Galls lads and big McKeever. I reckon we'll be lucky to have the Galls lads for 2 games, they may want a break after the club final(if they get there). On the plus side we have Magill back and looking sharp, and Doherty is a decent replacement for McClean at fullback.

Very tight division, I won't be putting any money on it as any team could win it or go down!

Plain of the Herbs

That table doesn't add up - it might look like that heading into the last round, but you're missing five matches off it.

Quote from: sammymaguire on February 02, 2010, 06:02:04 PM
Final Table to look something like this I reckon
                          P           Pts
Louth                   7           10
Fermanagh           7           9
Antrim                 7           8
Sligo                    7           8
Cavan                  7           5
Roscommon         7            4
Wexford              7            2
Offaly                  7            0

sammymaguire

Quote from: Plain of the Herbs on February 03, 2010, 01:32:38 PM
That table doesn't add up - it might look like that heading into the last round, but you're missing five matches off it.

Quote from: sammymaguire on February 02, 2010, 06:02:04 PM
Final Table to look something like this I reckon
                          P           Pts
Louth                   7           10
Fermanagh           7           9
Antrim                 7           8
Sligo                    7           8
Cavan                  7           5
Roscommon         7            4
Wexford              7            2
Offaly                  7            0

ok ok sorry that i done it in 2 mins and did not do all the calculations and goals and points scored etc  ::) 
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

AZOffaly

Just give Offaly at least two points and Plain will be happy :D

mattockranger

Been meaning to post my views on Div3 and by the time i do you's have louth on top!!  ;D

We had a great O'bryne cup last season aswell and we scrapped by relegation....The reason for our early season form is due to majority our panel is available ..and not tied up with sigerson like majority of other counties...so i can't be wholly confident especially as we have 4 away days this year also...so i'd settle for third or fourth place....but i can see us in the dogfight at the end

I can see Antrim making a strong push especially when their St galls crew return.....Cavan are my favourites for promotion they have huge scoring potential and alot of their players are a year older and more experienced with wexford and Offaly my faves for the drop

But its very competitive and not a lot between the sides in all areas!

Cavan
Antrim
Fermanagh                                                                               
Sligo
Louth                                                       
Roscommon                   
Wexford             
Offaly         

will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

magpie seanie

I'm quite looking forward to the league this year and think my own county have reason for optimism. This will be a very tight division and I'd be surprised if half the teams aren't in contention coming to the last weekend.

Crucial game for us this weekend. Antrim are a good outfit and they beat us up there last year. However, without the Galls lads this is a game we need to be getting something from if we're to challenge for promotion. Team named is a strong looking one: Greene, Harrison, Maguire, Donovan, Ewing, Quinn, J. Davey, Taylor, Mullen, Costello, Breheny, Marren, Coen, Sweeney, Kelly.

SambaSaffron

Is O'Hara going another year?

magpie seanie

Yeah. He got injured last week though.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 03, 2010, 04:41:08 PM
I'm quite looking forward to the league this year and think my own county have reason for optimism. This will be a very tight division and I'd be surprised if half the teams aren't in contention coming to the last weekend.

Crucial game for us this weekend. Antrim are a good outfit and they beat us up there last year. However, without the Galls lads this is a game we need to be getting something from if we're to challenge for promotion. Team named is a strong looking one: Greene, Harrison, Maguire, Donovan, Ewing, Quinn, J. Davey, Taylor, Mullen, Costello, Breheny, Marren, Coen, Sweeney, Kelly.
Exclusive there on the team Seanie, happy enough, Sweeney and ewing are suprises but the rest not. Glad Quinn is CHB again. His NFL county debut, knowing Quinn so well all these yrs its quite an emotional feeling seeing him named in a such a pivotal position. I wish Quinny well. Best of luck to all the Sligo team and management this yr.

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

boro

readin here it looks like people are tipping wexford for relegation. I don't know, we have four games at home and we are traditionally very strong in Wexford Park. Wouldn't be suprised if we won them all. Despite a good few injuries (Matty wont be around for most of the league) I reckon we should be in the mix for promotion come the end. Either way i'm headin up for the Louth game, which I ain't confident about winning at all.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: ross4life on February 01, 2010, 08:08:26 PM
No more than ourself it's sad to see offaly such a great footballing county with a Great history now so bad!

i got to see them play first hand last year, to be honest they were one of the worst team's i've seen Roscommon play & judging by the hammering the got from DCU a couple of weeks ago they haven't improved much?

But they are at Home to Roscommon which is a plus
If there hadn't been a change of manager after the Roscommon game last year, I'd have been surprised had Offaly won a game at all. Things were looking that bad.

7 points out of 8 collected at home kept them safe. On the road they averaged 8 or 9 point defeats though.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: mattockranger on February 03, 2010, 02:57:14 PM
Been meaning to post my views on Div3 and by the time i do you's have louth on top!!  ;D

We had a great O'bryne cup last season aswell and we scrapped by relegation....The reason for our early season form is due to majority our panel is available ..and not tied up with sigerson like majority of other counties...so i can't be wholly confident especially as we have 4 away days this year also...so i'd settle for third or fourth place....but i can see us in the dogfight at the end

I can see Antrim making a strong push especially when their St galls crew return.....Cavan are my favourites for promotion they have huge scoring potential and alot of their players are a year older and more experienced with wexford and Offaly my faves for the drop

But its very competitive and not a lot between the sides in all areas!

Cavan
Antrim
Fermanagh                                                                               
Sligo
Louth                                                       
Roscommon                   
Wexford             
Offaly         

Don't know where you are getting this huge scoring potential from. Apart from Seanie Johnstone we don't have much by way of scoring forwards as far as I can see. We have a young team and a lot of new faces. We also lack strength and size. I hope I'm wrong but Cavan could easily get relegated in this division although if Ros are as atrocious as they were in Breffni last year that will suit us fine on Sunday.

haranguerer

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 03, 2010, 08:50:04 PM
Quote from: mattockranger on February 03, 2010, 02:57:14 PM

I can see Antrim making a strong push especially when their St galls crew return.....Cavan are my favourites for promotion they have huge scoring potential

Don't know where you are getting this huge scoring potential from. Apart from Seanie Johnstone we don't have much by way of scoring forwards as far as I can see. We have a young team and a lot of new faces. We also lack strength and size. I hope I'm wrong but Cavan could easily get relegated in this division although if Ros are as atrocious as they were in Breffni last year that will suit us fine on Sunday.

And going by the sigerson thread hes fucked now too - injured yesterday

mattockranger

HAHA that is a disaster ;D

i must have put the jinx on cavan.....sorry mylestheslasher !!
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital