FANTASY GAA HURLING & FOOTBALL 2010

Started by deise2010, January 30, 2010, 06:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deise2010

HI THERE, I AM IN THE PROCESS OF ORGANISING A FANTASY GAA HURLING & FOOTBALL DREAM TEAM COMPETITION FOR THE 2010 CHAMPIONSHIP'S....THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE WILL BE LAUNCHED THE FIRST WEEK IN MARCH, GIVING PARTICIPANTS TWO MONTHS TO ENTER THEIR CHOSEN TEAM...ENTRY WILL BE €10 PER TEAM AND YOU CAN ENTER AS MANY TEAMS AS YOU LIKE...THE PRIZE FUND WILL BE IN THE REGION OF €50,000 - €100,000 AND MAYBE MORE, DEPENDING ON ENTRANTS....THERE WILL BE ONE OVERALL WINNER, AND SECOND, THIRD, FOURTH PLACE ETC ALSO THERE WILL BE SMALLER PRIZES FOR THE LEADER FROM EACH INDIVIDUAL COUNTY AT THE END OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP'S....PLEASE REPLY TO THIS POST, SO I CAN GET A ROUGH IDEA OF INTERESTED PARTICIPANTS...THANKS AGAIN...

aontroim

Deise2010 in the last 5+ yrs any of these competitions that I have entered have been really poorly received, with low entries and people giving up after a few weeks.  Those are very ambitious targets for the prize fund compared to what has gone before.  Best of luck with it though when you get it running.

deise2010

Thanks for your reply...i know a lot of those competitions have failed the last few years, but i guarantee this competiiton will be run properly this year,as there is a backroom team of up to 25 people working on the project....also there is huge interest from the irish in Australia, Asia,USA,Canada and UK to enter the competition, so the prize fund should be achieved....hope to see you with a football and hurling team entered come the start of March...Thanks for your support

cadhlancian

Sounds like a good idea. One question though, and this isnt meant to be rude in any way, who does the competition benefit? Is it for a club, charity etc? Or is being run for a profit by a business? Fair question I think

deise2010

I was initially being run for a club, but then we said we would promote a competition nationwide and for the Irish in other parts of the world, as there has never really been a proper dream team competition here in Ireland...the actual website and the software needed to calculate the results and update  the leaderboard each week, along with the advertising that is going to go in to promoting the competition, is costing thousands, so that's why you have the entry fee to contribute to the building and promotion of the competition and to add to the prize fund....hopefully then, if the competition is successful, money left over if any, will be put towards making improvements and spending more on advertisng for next season....there will be the one big prize for the winner and also there will be a smaller prize for the leader of each county....website should be up and running in the next few weeks....hope this answers your question's and thanks for your reply....for this to work we need feedback and questions, so we will be more than happy to answer them..

Cathal

deise2010

No problem Cathal, thanks for your interest..i will keep you posted over the next few weeks, before the competition starts in March

ExiledGael

I'd definitely take a look too, most other efforts at this are woefully thought out. The Star one at the minute is embarrassing, the Fermanagh squad has about nine players, six of which are either long term injured, on club duty or have emigrated. That's about as far as I looked but the other county squads are probably just as well researched.

deise2010

Site nearly all set - should be up and running in the next two to three weeks...keep watching this post for updates....

The Claw

There is a huge need out there for a proper fantasy GAA game. Most around at the moment are very poor. Squads are usually not current, values given to players are off, and the overall system is very poor.
Organisers should look at how the American sports fantasy games are set up. I would even be in favour of a draft system in gaa fantasy like in NFL fantasy. It would stop everyone from having pretty much the same forward line of say Gooch, Paddy Bradley and Bernard Brogan.
If you would give a brief summary of how it will work, and if it seems like you know what you are doing (and seeing as there are 25 people going to working on it, then its seems that you will) then I would definitely be willing to join.

deise2010

Thanks for your post...Yeah we have seen attempts at GAA fantasy games over the last couple of years and they have been pretty bad, most recent one, the Star...they made a very poor attempt at this and seems to be a rushed effort..our team, has been in touch with most of the county boards and we almost now have a complete squad list for most county's...however, it is still early in the year and some squads have not been finalised, but all county teams in both the football and hurling championships will be updated regularly, to make sure participants in the competition will have an accurate list to choose from...

The rules etc are still in the process of being finalised and i will keep you updated and posted on them...

if you have any other questions, you can forward them to fantasygaelicsports@yahoo.ie thanks for your support...

winsamsoon

would be interested in this myself the more i enter the merrier
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

deise2010

Fantasy Gaelic Sports Hurling & Football dream team competition to be launched in next two weeks - large cash prizes to be won, along with flights and accomodation from our official sponsors Aer Arann & Tour America, match tickets, jersey's and lots of other prizes up for grabs...

€10 entry per team - enter as many teams as you like

Looking for any further information contact fantasygaelicsports@yahoo.ie

Midlands Man

Deise whats the story with this competition bud...

deise2010

Sorry to keep ye all waiting - the competition will be going live around the middle of next week, all going well....we wanted to make sure everything was right and working efficiently, before the competiton was launched...sorry again for the delay, but it will be worth the wait...