All Ireland Scór na nÓg 2010

Started by Dougal Maguire, January 17, 2010, 03:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Mac hinery on March 08, 2010, 08:43:01 PM

I would be badly missed, I dance the sets  always on after the novelty act and its never just the 10 minutes either is it.  There's nearly always more than one novelty act. 

For a quizzer you don't exactly inspire confidence with your powers of recall.  How did you answer your own questions?

Ryan Carson scored 0-6 against Down in his Ulster championship debut last year. Who does he play for? yes aye a lad, handy with a ball, thought he was excellent as well.  What was the question?

Which leader of the 1916 rebellion was executed sitting in a chair due to his wounds?  The one with the moustache but wouldn't swear to it.

Which former intercounty footballer is the chief of staff of the Irish defence forces? Tidy uniformed fella, I think there's a couple of boys from our club could do it better though.

Jackass ;D

Funny enough I was concentrating on getting my questions right rather than remembering the other ones.

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 08, 2010, 09:21:19 PM
Quiz: Silverbridge - performed superbly, only missed one question all night

What was the question that they missed?

Well I can't know for sure, but it was a team question. I'd have thought it was the one about the Hill considered to be the centre of Ireland in pre-Christian times.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

HELGA

Well what about the Silverbridge Novelty Act winning the County Title on Sunday night in St. Anthony's !!  It was hilarious, the actors were great  :)even Jarlath Burns got a part, is he trying to take the limelight from his lovely daughter Megan for an All-Ireland Title, time will tell !!! oh and well done to the Quiz Team, once again they are though with a Murphy and Reel Team..well done to Dearbhla Bennett from Mullaghbawn who got through in the Solo Singing   ;)

Can anyone answer this :- Has there ever been a Father and Son who have won a County Medal in Senior and Junior Scor, respectively?

cornafean

Quote from: HELGA on March 09, 2010, 09:40:56 AM
Can anyone answer this :- Has there ever been a Father and Son who have won a County Medal in Senior and Junior Scor, respectively?

I'm sure that there are loads and loads of them, including some in my own club.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

Billys Boots

Quote from: cornafean on March 09, 2010, 02:21:27 PM
Quote from: HELGA on March 09, 2010, 09:40:56 AM

I'm sure that there are loads and loads of them, including some in my own club.

Well myself and the Da were on a winning quiz team together back in the day - I believe we beat Laureleye's team in the County Final.  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

magpie seanie

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 03, 2010, 09:00:33 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 02, 2010, 04:32:13 PM
Quote from: Newbridge Exile on March 02, 2010, 02:36:44 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on March 02, 2010, 02:30:42 PM
QuoteHistory has been made at Dublin's Trinity College with the instillation of a set of GAA goalposts at College Park allowing Gaelic games to be played on the city centre campus for the first time in its 418-year history.

Well I know I wasn't dreaming (in 1992) and I wasn't alone watching it.  As far as I remember it was an intervarsity-match - where did Giles go to College?
UCD I think

I was at that match too, think it was 1993 though BB's. Giles was in UCD and it was the colours gaelic football match. TCD actually won that match. Haven't beaten UCD too many times since I'd think.

Could have been '93 alright Seanie, the Alzheimers is well in train at this stage.  I was working in TCD at the time, and the match allowed me to avoid going back to work straightway after lunch.

Sorry for being a little off topic with this but missed the replies last week. Was a student there at the time myself. Turk is also correct in mentioning the plural. The 1995 edition of the colours match was also played in College Park with the visitors inspired by Giles at centre back and Mick O'Byrne (I think) taking the spoils.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 08, 2010, 11:57:11 AM
Quote from: Oldira on March 08, 2010, 11:21:05 AM

Can you remember the questions from the quiz?

Not all of them. My questions were;

Ryan Carson scored 0-6 against Down in his Ulster championship debut last year. Who does he play for?

Which leader of the 1916 rebellion was executed sitting in a chair due to his wounds?James Connolly
Which former intercounty footballer is the chief of staff of the Irish defence forces?Dermot Early

Other individual ones I remember;

Which prominent Dublin intercounty footballer retired in late 2009?

Who hosted the 2009 Rose of Tralee?Ray Darcy

Which Kilkenny Civil engineer was involved in a 19th century rebellion (they gave the year, think it was 1867)?James Stephens?

Can't remember any of the 2nd fella's questions.

The Team questions I remember were;

Who won the 2009 All Ireland minor hurling championship?Galway
Who did Cork defeat in a replay of the 2002 Munster football final?Limerick?
There was one about a hill which used to be considered the centre of Ireland, what county was it in?
Can't remember the team history.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on March 09, 2010, 07:34:15 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 08, 2010, 11:57:11 AM
Quote from: Oldira on March 08, 2010, 11:21:05 AM

Can you remember the questions from the quiz?

Not all of them. My questions were;

Ryan Carson scored 0-6 against Down in his Ulster championship debut last year. Who does he play for?

Which leader of the 1916 rebellion was executed sitting in a chair due to his wounds?James Connolly
Which former intercounty footballer is the chief of staff of the Irish defence forces?Dermot Early

Other individual ones I remember;

Which prominent Dublin intercounty footballer retired in late 2009?

Who hosted the 2009 Rose of Tralee?Ray Darcy

Which Kilkenny Civil engineer was involved in a 19th century rebellion (they gave the year, think it was 1867)?James Stephens?

Can't remember any of the 2nd fella's questions.

The Team questions I remember were;

Who won the 2009 All Ireland minor hurling championship?Galway
Who did Cork defeat in a replay of the 2002 Munster football final?Limerick?
There was one about a hill which used to be considered the centre of Ireland, what county was it in?
Can't remember the team history.

All right except it was Tipperary in the 2002 Munster final.

GAAsupporter

Fermanagh/Cavan/Monaghan Ulster Semi Final on Friday 12th March at 8pm in Stradone Community Centre Co. Cavan!

;D

:)
Are ye well?

jen83

Did anyone hear any results from either of the leinster semi finals last weekend?
Whats another year .............

GAAsupporter

Did anyone hear the full list of winners from last nights Ulster Semi Final between Fermanagh/Cavan/Monaghan?? ???

If you have...please post them!

;)
Are ye well?

GAAsupporter

Is the Recitation person from Carrickcruppen called Niamh Devine?

What is this person saying this year?
What is the solo singer from Down like? Silverbridge Novelty Act?

Could you give me this info please! lol!  :D

Are ye well?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: GAAsupporter on March 14, 2010, 12:14:37 PM
Is the Recitation person from Carrickcruppen called Niamh Devine?

What is this person saying this year?
What is the solo singer from Down like? Silverbridge Novelty Act?

Could you give me this info please! lol!  :D

Recitation is about a man who takes HRT and becomes somewhat ladylike in his characteristics. Its very good although there were two against her from my own club who must have run her very close in the Armagh final.

The SIlverbridge Novelty Act gets a good laugh from the crowd though both times I was at the Scór I was backstage waiting to go on ourselves so I haven't really seen it myself. Jarlath Burns and his brother Colman who used to be Mayor of Newry are both in it.

Oldira

Quote from: jen83 on March 12, 2010, 12:32:45 PM
Did anyone hear any results from either of the leinster semi finals last weekend?

Leinster Semi Final in Ballymore:
Rince Foirne..Kildare & Louth
Solo Singing: Longford and Dublini
Recitation:Meath & Kildare
Music:Westmeath,Dublin and Kildare
Ballad Group:Westmeath and Longford
Quiz: Kildare and Longford
Novelty Act:Westmeath and Longford
Set:Westmeath and Kildare

cornafean

Winners of Ulster Sem Final ( Cavan, Fermanagh, Monaghan)

Rince Foirne - Emyvale, Monaghan
Amhránaíocht aonair - Emyvale, Monaghan
Ceol Uirlise - Derrygonnelly. Fermanagh
Aithriseoireacht - Cornafean, Cavan
Bailéad ghrúpa - Emyvale, Monaghan
Nuachleas -Belturbet, Cavan
Rince Seit - Emyvale, Monaghan
Tráth na gCeist - Cornafean, Cavan
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

GAAsupporter

What are all the Emyvale acts like? After their win in the All Irelands last year they have clearly came back on a high!

I hear Derrygonnelly Instrumental group from Fermanagh are very good!! Ulster title looming maybe?  ;D
Would you agree??

Are ye well?