All Ireland Scór na nÓg 2010

Started by Dougal Maguire, January 17, 2010, 03:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on March 02, 2010, 02:36:44 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on March 02, 2010, 02:30:42 PM
QuoteHistory has been made at Dublin's Trinity College with the instillation of a set of GAA goalposts at College Park allowing Gaelic games to be played on the city centre campus for the first time in its 418-year history.

Well I know I wasn't dreaming (in 1992) and I wasn't alone watching it.  As far as I remember it was an intervarsity-match - where did Giles go to College?
UCD I think

I was at that match too, think it was 1993 though BB's. Giles was in UCD and it was the colours gaelic football match. TCD actually won that match. Haven't beaten UCD too many times since I'd think.

gaa_phil

Results of the Down Scór (from Down GAA homepage);

Ceili dancing - Saval
Solo Singing - Bredagh (Aíne Brolly)
Instrumental Music - Darragh Cross (Hurling)
Recitation - Glenn (Micheal McConaghy)
Ballad Group - Rostrevor
Novelty Act - Clonduff
Set Dancing - Clonduff
Quiz - Longstone

Anyone hear about the Monaghan/Armagh results as they usually feature well in Ulster?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Armagh final is this coming Sunday night.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Mac hinery

Quote from: gaa_phil on March 02, 2010, 10:59:01 PM

Ceili dancing - Saval
Ballad Group - Rostrevor
Novelty Act - Clonduff
Set Dancing - Clonduff
Quiz - Longstone

Anyone hear about the Monaghan/Armagh results as they usually feature well in Ulster?

Is that Joe's wee sister?

Billys Boots

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 02, 2010, 04:32:13 PM
QuoteHistory has been made at Dublin's Trinity College with the instillation of a set of GAA goalposts at College Park allowing Gaelic games to be played on the city centre campus for the first time in its 418-year history.

Well I know I wasn't dreaming (in 1992) and I wasn't alone watching it.  As far as I remember it was an intervarsity-match - where did Giles go to College?
UCD I think

I was at that match too, think it was 1993 though BB's. Giles was in UCD and it was the colours gaelic football match. TCD actually won that match. Haven't beaten UCD too many times since I'd think.

Could have been '93 alright Seanie, the Alzheimers is well in train at this stage.  I was working in TCD at the time, and the match allowed me to avoid going back to work straightway after lunch.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Oldira

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 02, 2010, 11:53:51 PM

If you are attending would you mind taking a note of the quiz questions and posting them up here. I enjoyed Newbridges set.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Oldira on March 03, 2010, 12:35:21 PM

If you are attending would you mind taking a note of the quiz questions and posting them up here. I enjoyed Newbridges set.

Well I'm taking part in the Quiz so hopefully I should remember most of them!

Quote from: Mac hinery on March 03, 2010, 12:11:52 AM

Ceili dancing - Saval
Ballad Group - Rostrevor
Novelty Act - Clonduff
Set Dancing - Clonduff
Quiz - Longstone

Yes.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

turk

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 02, 2010, 04:32:13 PM

UCD I think

There was definitely colours matches played in Trinity in the early 90s.

Oldira

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 03, 2010, 12:39:55 PM

Ceili dancing - Saval
Ballad Group - Rostrevor
Novelty Act - Clonduff
Set Dancing - Clonduff
Quiz - Longstone

Yes.

Best of luck! Hope you remember the answers too!

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 03, 2010, 12:39:55 PM

Ceili dancing - Saval
Ballad Group - Rostrevor
Novelty Act - Clonduff
Set Dancing - Clonduff
Quiz - Longstone

Yes.

Good luck with the quiz, youll need it if Jatrlaths Burns article is anything to go by
Published - Fri, Feb 12, 2010

Evening up the Scor

Jarlath can ask daughter Megan for a look at her All-Ireland medal for some inspiration.

By Jarlath Burns

THINGS are hotting up in the world of GAA. The league has started and thus will begin an unbroken line of inter-county GAA action right until November. There'll be controversy, referee bashing, suspensions, sackings, upsets, set-ups, rumours, rows, fall outs, winners, losers, every week and lots of it from club, county, underage, international. You name it, we've got it right up until Halloween at least.

As I've said before, the GAA combines the two worst aspects of Ireland in perfect harmony – short bursts of violence punctuated by committee meetings. And that's why it has been such an unbelievable success for 125 years.

And then there's Scór. It starts for us at the weekend. Scór Sinsear, or Senior Scór. Our club is the Crossmaglen of Scór. We are Scór giants. Unbeatable in many disciplines in Armagh, particularly the quiz where our teams do two nights a week for at least a month before the first round. That increases to three for the Ulster final and now they're doing around four in preparation for the All-Ireland. I was on a Silverbridge quiz team that got to an All-Ireland. Years ago

Their two nights a week preperation is exactly two  more than what our training regime entailed   

GAAsupporter

I haven't heard any of the results but the Monaghan/Cavan/Fermanagh Ulster Semi Final takes place next Friday night 12th March in Stradone Community Centre, Co Cavan at 8pm.

It should be a great night as some Fermanagh acts are actually of a high quality this year!  :o  :)   ;D
;)

Are ye well?

GAAsupporter

Tyrone/Derry/Donegal Ulster Semi Final on this Saturday 6th March in Dun Uladh Killyclogher Co.Tyrone.

Good night also!
;D

Dromore Instrumental group.....savage!!  ;D
Are ye well?

ceol agus peil

Quote from: GAAsupporter on March 03, 2010, 08:23:23 PM
Dromore Instrumental group.....savage!!  ;D
I heard Drumragh made a complaint for an underage member in this team(low!). Great to see them beat them! Fair Play Dromore!
Sent from my iphone

cornafean

The ban on underage members taking part in Scór Sinsir makes no sense. It should be scrapped. It's not as if Scór Sinsir is full of x-rated material  ;)
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

saffron sam2

Quote from: cornafean on March 04, 2010, 09:38:38 AM
The ban on underage members taking part in Scór Sinsir makes no sense. It should be scrapped. It's not as if Scór Sinsir is full of x-rated material  ;)

Burnout?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet