Ungrateful FAI Delaney

Started by longrunsthefox, January 16, 2010, 04:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublinfella

Quote from: ziggysego on January 21, 2010, 03:46:10 PM

I'm happy Brazil aren't coming into Croke Park, never wanted Rule 42 done away with anything. However I accepted the decision once it was made.

It's more the attitude of Delaney and the FAI that's getting my goat up now.

What attitude? This is the most contrived offence I have seen in a long time.

Delaney said that if the current situation of Croker being available long term to the FAI as it currently is the situation was the state of play at the start of the LR project, it would have been a factor to take into consideration in whether the FAI got involved or not.

What exactly is wrong with that statement?

Fearon hit the nail on the head with one of his posts - people will find absolutely any excuse to have a go at the FAI as being chancers regardless of the situation. And in this situation we have the quite frankly embarrassing spectacle of the GAA offering the wrong people use of Croke Park because they need the revenue the FAI used to bring them.

Onlooker

We are all very sorry if you were embarrassed dublinfella.

dublinfella

Quote from: Onlooker on January 21, 2010, 04:22:10 PM
We are all very sorry if you were embarrassed dublinfella.

I'm embarrassed for some of the posters on this thread as well.

They should ring Joe Duffy - they would fit right in with the auld wans there.

Dakota

Quote from: dublinfella on January 21, 2010, 03:57:08 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on January 21, 2010, 03:46:10 PM

I'm happy Brazil aren't coming into Croke Park, never wanted Rule 42 done away with anything. However I accepted the decision once it was made.

It's more the attitude of Delaney and the FAI that's getting my goat up now.

What attitude? This is the most contrived offence I have seen in a long time.

Delaney said that if the current situation of Croker being available long term to the FAI as it currently is the situation was the state of play at the start of the LR project, it would have been a factor to take into consideration in whether the FAI got involved or not.

What exactly is wrong with that statement?

Fearon hit the nail on the head with one of his posts - people will find absolutely any excuse to have a go at the FAI as being chancers regardless of the situation. And in this situation we have the quite frankly embarrassing spectacle of the GAA offering the wrong people use of Croke Park because they need the revenue the FAI used to bring them.

Well said

T Fearon

The GAA is being seen as begging for the guests to stay and it is they who are loking like clowns as mst people see the irony of the decades spent keeping so called foreign games out of Croker, but now they are begging them to stay.

rosnarun

What soccer heads really think about the GAA sporting Hari kiri of a decision to help the knackers and the toffs and they have sucked it dry to build their  own wee stadium

http://www.thebohs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12405&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=62cebd78aa48fe09172a3e19f41e3695
   The Taliban don't know where to look. They sold-out their long held racist and biggoted stance and now they are more or less begging the FAI to stay. 1.5 million per game was criminal, why they think the FAI or IRFU would be interested in paying that amount when they have other options is beyond me.
Their anti-english rhetoric no longer carries weight and the money they got for selling it off is running out. No more money and no more racist rhetoric, what will they use to brainwash the rural children of Ireland with now?
'HQ' is resembling a white elephant more and more by the day. There was never a need to build such a monstrosity for any of their strange minority sports.

Another nothing story from the Indo, this time taking the old & trusted GAH angle against the evil demented soccer demons. Their historical bigotry has fucked the organisation over a barrel, reap what you sow lads.

and the real give away

Is no-one else happy with the prospect of a piss up in one of the best cities on the planet

So excited to be going home to the mainland

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

T Fearon

So an isolated extremist view from a so called soccer fan is mean't to be interpreted as the authentic voice of Irish soccer? In truth this moron is no more or less bigotted than some of the clowns on this thread, from a GAA perspective.

I think the main points of the arguments have now been done to death. The simple fact is that the GAA is going to miss the money from soccer and rugby big time in the coming years, and this is bound to have an impact on infrastructural development/ GAA ticket prices, or probably both. It is a pity that the Croke Park option for development as a national sports stadium wasn't taken ten or fifteen years ago.

As for the forthcoming Ireland V Brazil game, well if it is in any way as unexciting and drab as the same fixture in Croke Park two years ago it will be well worth travelling a long distance to miss!

saffron sam2

Some of you should know Mr Fearon by now.

You must have some idea now how the owcers feel.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

dublinfella

Quote from: ziggysego on January 22, 2010, 03:45:09 PM
Is it a home game for Brazil?

Yes. They play a couple of games a year in London.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

Brazil played in Dublin twice in the last 5 or 6 years, a 0-0 draw at Lansdowne in 2004 and a 1-0 win for Brazil at Croke Park in 2008. Both games were instantly forgettable, and in fact in 2008 the big names like Kaka and Ronaldinho didn't even appear.

I agree that the GAA, rather sadly, have come out of this looking like clowns.

From the Bunker

Can't believe there has been ten pages written about a Misinterpreted and unsourced piece.

ziggysego

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 22, 2010, 07:04:31 PM
Can't believe there has been ten pages written about a Misinterpreted and unsourced piece.

Welcome to the gaaboard  :D
Testing Accessibility

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: T Fearon on January 22, 2010, 04:18:10 PM
Brazil played in Dublin twice in the last 5 or 6 years, a 0-0 draw at Lansdowne in 2004 and a 1-0 win for Brazil at Croke Park in 2008. Both games were instantly forgettable, and in fact in 2008 the big names like Kaka and Ronaldinho didn't even appear.

I agree that the GAA, rather sadly, have come out of this looking like clowns.

Yeah the same clowns who have had to help out the 2 "professional" organisations who couldn't manage to build a single decent stadium between them. If anyone looks like clowns its soccer fans like yourself who cried about croke park having to open up for national interest and the good of the economy and now at a time when the south is in economic trouble are quite happy for the fai to support taking a money generating game out of Dublin. As pointed out before the gaa were doing perfectly well before opening up Croke Park and will do perfectly well without the FAI or IRFU.