All Ireland Club Championships - Final Stages

Started by drici, January 10, 2010, 10:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Hard luck Crokes, two excellent teams played an excellent game of football. Sending offs had an impact as KC were wrecked in last 10 but fair dues they kept going. 2nd and 3rd red cards were clear cut, 1st one could have gone either way. I have seen the yellow given. It was clumsy and caught him across the mouth.  It could just as easily have been a "last chance" warning from the ref. St Brigids will have a point to prove in the final so I doubt we'll be complacent!  They are a fine team and there on merit.

David McKeown

BC just out of interest why was the 3rd sending off justified in your opinion? It looked like a shoulder in the back to me? Tv may suggest otherwise
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Jinxy

Quote from: David McKeown on February 27, 2011, 05:54:14 PM
I thought the first two sendings off were justified. The first booking for the crokes no 3 was after an awful tackle on a man running clean through the second was a high tackle that left a player bleeding from the mouth.

The second to me looked to be a kick out a man running past.

That said I did think the ref wasn't great

In the case of the 2nd booking for the Crokes full back, he made no contact whatsoever with the Cross players mouth.
FACT.
And it wasn't a high tackle in the first place.
The tackle didn't put him down, he put himself down.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

brokencrossbar1

He kneed him in the hole at the same time. It was silly sand could have been costly. I don't think the ref won or lost it. KC running out of steam in the middle was the big factor.

David McKeown

Quote from: Jinxy on February 27, 2011, 06:10:45 PM
I thought the first two sendings off were justified. The first booking for the crokes no 3 was after an awful tackle on a man running clean through the second was a high tackle that left a player bleeding from the mouth.

I'll not argue with you but he had blood coming from his mouth. Was it when he hit the ground?

In the case of the 2nd booking for the Crokes full back, he made no contact whatsoever with the Cross players mouth.
FACT.

ardchieftain

Well done Crossmaglen.
It takes some balls to come back from 6 points down twice.

Jinxy

Quote from: David McKeown on February 27, 2011, 06:15:44 PM

I'll not argue with you but he had blood coming from his mouth. Was it when he hit the ground?

FACT.

It's possible his mouth was bleeding from a previous incident before the tackle even went in.
A different Crokes defender had a hand near his mouth briefly after he hit the deck but it didn't seem to have enough force to draw blood.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

David McKeown

Quote from: Jinxy on February 27, 2011, 06:24:03 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on February 27, 2011, 06:15:44 PM

FACT.

It's possible his mouth was bleeding from a previous incident before the tackle even went in.
A different Crokes defender had a hand near his mouth briefly after he hit the deck but it didn't seem to have enough force to draw blood.

If thats the case then the sending off was harsh but from where I was it looked like a high tackle from the number 3 and the cross player looked to be bleeding from the mouth when he got to the sideline

bennydorano

Congrats to Cross, cant keep the feckers down.  KC looked a tad complacent to me, wondering how many they were going to win by at times, trying to work the ball in for goals when easy points were on offer.

brokencrossbar1

For a team that you haven't rated all year we've done alright benny! Please write us off for the final!

bennydorano

St Brigid's are certs.  A team that beats Nemo like that - yis are screwed

brokencrossbar1

That's even worse than one of my efforts! Keep it up please!

fitzroyalty

Hats off to Cross, looked dead and buried at times but came out on top. Good changes made at the right times and the subs that came on all made an impact, Aherne especially did well for all the time he was on. Also got that wee bit of luck needed that saw them over the line. Ref was extremely fussy, poor for both teams, thought the Cross sending off was quite harsh, clearly trying to even things up, if he'd had done the game right from the start he wouldn't have needed to, in normal circumstances for an incident such as that you would have booked the Cross man for the push and the KC man for diving. The other sending off for KC No.3, I reckon he'd have been extremely lucky to get off with just a warning for the second incident so I can't see much cause for complaint (other than Hanratty not being booked for going down so easily, though he may have been struck in the face?) Can't comment on the other sending off as didn't get a good view of it, my suspicion is though that the ref was again conned. Add to that blowing up when Cross were on the attack, can refs even do that  ??? Could have been a vital point denied.

ross4life

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 27, 2011, 06:06:48 PM
St Brigids will have a point to prove in the final so I doubt we'll be complacent!  They are a fine team and there on merit.

Your damn right! St brigids got through a very competitive Roscommon championship then beat the Sligo Champs in Sligo, the leitrim Champs in Leitrim, the Galway champs in Galway & the beat the Munster champs in Munster

Only 60mins away now from the ultimate prize for club football hopefully they have better luck in the final than the great Clann na nGael sides.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Family guy

You have to admire the way cross won that game,after 10 mins and 6 points to no score down you would have thought they were dead and buried,that game will help them loads for the final,great display of management by mcentee looks the part