All Ireland Club Championships - Final Stages

Started by drici, January 10, 2010, 10:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schkite

Same as myself, have a few bob on Galls since before they won Ulster, and to be honest I think the bet's well on course. Corofin are a fine team no doubt, but imo it's Galls All-Ireland to lose. (Not meaning to write off Kilmurry-Ibrickane as they've done brilliantly to get to the final, I just think they're really up against it against the winner of Galls-Corofin.)

Minder

What price were they when you did them Schkite?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Schkite

Quote from: Minder on February 26, 2010, 07:51:45 PM

Can't mind exactly what the odds were just now, have to look it up, maybe about 7-4 or something like that but they were joint favourites with Portlaoise. What did you get them at Minder?

Minder

Quote from: Schkite on February 26, 2010, 07:55:15 PM
Quote from: Minder on February 26, 2010, 07:51:45 PM

Can't mind exactly what the odds were just now, have to look it up, maybe about 7-4 or something like that but they were joint favourites with Portlaoise. What did you get them at Minder?
If you did them before Ulster they would have been far bigger than 7/4. I did them the day they won Ulster and they were 7/2.

Schkite

Right, I was talking shite there, 7/4 does sound very short when I look at it now. Must have been around 5/1 in that case, don't have the slip on me, but I do remember them being the same as Portlaoise.

Minder

Quote from: Schkite on February 26, 2010, 09:56:15 PM
Right, I was talking shite there, 7/4 does sound very short when I look at it now. Must have been around 5/1 in that case, don't have the slip on me, but I do remember them being the same as Portlaoise.

I would say they would have been around 5/1 for the AI as they were abot 9/4 to win Ulster before it started.

johnpower

Quote from: INDIANA on February 23, 2010, 02:49:24 PM
Quote from: gallsman on February 23, 2010, 11:24:09 AM
Just seen the highlights on RTE Player - first sending off was as clear as daylight. He absolutely clotheslined the fella going through. Anyone claiming that refs should be lenient due to the fact that games have only started when this sort of thing happens needs to catch themselves on.

McCormick's second yellow card was fully justified- another neck high challenge. Didn't see the first one so can't comment.

Kilmurry-Ibrickane played some lovely football an the 15 (Downes/Dowds?) would be a handful against any team.

Have lots of sympathy with the Corofin manager being upset at the timing of the re-fixture- as he says lots of people will be bringing kids down to the game so to have to head back to Galway close to ten o'clock at night is very tough.

heavy rain forecast too for saturday and parnell ain't in great nick at present. Could be a mudbath.

Cant you boys do anything right ? No problem in Limerick with drainage . Such nonsense. Dublin Co Boards main ground and this happening . O Moore Park or Conleth Park for all Dublin home matches (helps the Dublin Diaspora )

Lorcs

Lads, is the St. Galls game going ahead tonight?

I'd like to listen in from Madrid, if anyone can suggest where to get it online, it'd be appreciated...

Square Ball

Quote from: Lorcs on February 27, 2010, 07:14:46 PM
Lads, is the St. Galls game going ahead tonight?

I'd like to listen in from Madrid, if anyone can suggest where to get it online, it'd be appreciated...

try this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8501319.stm
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

GalwayBayBoy

Corofin have missed 3 or 4 scoreable frees already.

Square Ball

Quote from: stiffler on February 27, 2010, 07:38:11 PM
Comer looks a tidy player

Yeag, also the quality of the free taking leaves a lot to be desired

orangeman

Minder