2010 FBD league

Started by GalwayBayBoy, January 07, 2010, 01:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

GalwayBayBoy

The old FBD doesn't look like it has captured the imagination this year although the postponed games hasn't helped. Anyway here is Big Joe's first Galway team (on Irish soil). Loads of usual names missing for one reason or another and obviously all the Corofin lads. Looks like Joe has been traversing the highways and byways of Galway during the winter.

The Galway Team to play Sligo on Sunday

1 Eoin O'Conghaile (Leitir Moir)
2 Jamie Murphy (Tuam Stars)
3 Eoin McDonagh (Barna)
4 Donal O'Neill (Cortoon Shamrocks)
5 Declan Meehan (Caltra)
6 Darren Mullahy (Milltown)
7 JP O'Connell (Claregalway)
8 Mark Lydon (Moycullen)
9 Conor Healy (Salthill-Knocknacarra)
10 Niall Coleman (Annaghdown)
11 Fiachra Breathnach (Leitir Moir)
12 Cillian de Paor (An Cheathrú Rua)
13 Michael Martin (Cortoon Shamrocks)
14 Nicky Joyce (Killererin),
15 Matthew Clancy (Oughterard)

Subs

16 Paul Doherty (Tuam Stars)
17 Joe Bergin (Mountbellew/Moylough)
18 Paddy Kennedy (Barna)
19 Eoin Concannon (St James)
20 Tomas Fahy (Killererin)
21 Gary O'Donnell (Tuam Stars)

ross4life

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 15, 2010, 06:25:12 PM
The old FBD doesn't look like it has captured the imagination this year

since when did it?

nothing more than trial matches
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ross4life on January 15, 2010, 07:33:57 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 15, 2010, 06:25:12 PM
The old FBD doesn't look like it has captured the imagination this year

since when did it?

nothing more than trial matches

Well I was being facetious.

ross4life

well naming a whole team & talking about the missing players doesn't sound very facetious to me?

in truth FBD is about the only time we get the chance to beat Mayo  ;D
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Duine Eile

What's the story on Sean Armstrong does anyone know, he's not on the FBD panel and there's no mention of him being rested or injured like the other lads at all.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ross4life on January 16, 2010, 12:43:44 AM
well naming a whole team & talking about the missing players doesn't sound very facetious to me?

Yes because I was really wondering why the FBD hasn't captured the public imagination like it usually does. ::)

shark

Quote from: Duine Eile on January 16, 2010, 08:00:49 AM
What's the story on Sean Armstrong does anyone know, he's not on the FBD panel and there's no mention of him being rested or injured like the other lads at all.

Colleges get the first call on 3 players from each county panel.  He will be playing for NUIG against Mayo.

Duine Eile

Is he still in college? I thought he was finished, that's why I was asking. I got my answer anyway!

shark

Quote from: Duine Eile on January 16, 2010, 03:05:07 PM
Is he still in college? I thought he was finished, that's why I was asking. I got my answer anyway!

In 3rd yr.  Was a late starter as was in the Cadets.

SLIGONIAN

Phillip Greene, Jason Farrell, Johnny Davey, Conor Davey, Ross Donavan, Charlie Harrison, Brian Kennedy, Noel McGuire, Brian Murphy, Mark Quinn, David Rooney.Mark Breheny, Pádraig Clarke, John McPartland,Stephen Gilmattin, Paul McTiernan, Pádraig McGoldrick,Adrian Marren, David Maye, Francis Quinn, Tony Taylor,Eugene Mullen, Kenneth Sweeney, Shane Stenson.

Sligo squad for tomorrow. All about unearthing new talent and no more. Dont care whether we win or lose. Alot of u21s in that squad so hopefully kevin will give a few a chance. Tuam is a heavy pitch at the best of times so has to be taken into account on new players performance. Hope Quinny shows well, long overdue chance, best of luck to him and all the lads.

I presume Kelly is with DCU, Coen, Cawley with IT Sligo, Ewing with NUIG....any others involved with colleges?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Duine Eile

Galway beat Sligo in their first game, Nicky Joyce man of the match with 7 points, on the negative side Darren Mullahy broke his collarbone. He must be the most unfortunate player in the county when it comes to picking up injuries.

SLIGONIAN

Poor performance from by all accounts ive got. Quinn did well CHB. Only real positive today. Id throw the young lads in again the next day and certainly wont judge anyone on todays performance alone.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

western exile

Result from Garrymore.   Mayo 0-11  NUIG 0-10
It was not a great game considering the conditions were good for the time of year.  Mayo played with what could be a full strength team from what they had available.  Most of their regulars made too many mistakes that would be punished later in the year. But I suppose that  is to be expected for the first run out of the year.  I was impressed with the debut of Alan Feeney at Full-back for Mayo. Ronaldson top scored. Best for the Galway students was Sean Armstrong.