Hopes & Predictions For 2010

Started by ONeill, December 18, 2009, 11:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

My County: Cavan

Football Hopes for 2010: Ulster Final Appearance for Snr's and some real progress at minor & U21
Football Fears for 2010: First rd exit in champ and 1st rd exit in qualifiers

Hurling Hopes for 2010: Tipp to win Liam and put some competition back into hurling
Hurling Fears for 2010: Kilkenny beat someone by 20 pts in the final

Predictions for 2010:

Football Provincial Champions: Derry, Galway, Kerry, Dublin
Football All Ireland Winners:  Cork

Hurling Provincial Champions: Kilkenny, Tipp, Antrim
Hurling All Ireland Winners: Tipp

TacadoirArdMhacha

My County: Armagh

Football Hopes for 2010: A big game in Croke Park in the quarter finals
Football Fears for 2010: That we waste another year on infighting under a manager who struggles to command the respect of the players

Hurling Hopes for 2010: That Antrim beat a recognised senior hurling county
Hurling Fears for 2010:

Predictions for 2010:

Football Provincial Champions: Derry Kildare Galway Kerry
Football All Ireland Winners: Cork

Hurling Provincial Champions: Antrim Kilkenny Tipperary
Hurling All Ireland Winners: Tipperary
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

tyrone86

My County: Tyrone

Football Hopes for 2010: A clean sweep of the Football titles - Minor, U21 and Senior. The Hogan is a possibility as well if Omagh win the MacRory (Definitely worth a speculative punt of a tenner)
Football Fears for 2010: Half a dozen retirements from the Seniors if they don't win the All Ireland.

Hurling Hopes for 2010:  Further progress & a few decent performances in the Rackard.
Hurling Fears for 2010: Relegation back to the Meagher.

Predictions for 2010:

Football Provincial Champions: Tyrone, Galway, Kildare, Cork
Football All Ireland Winners:  Tyrone

Hurling All Ireland Winners: Kilkenny

saffron sam2

My County: Antrim

Football Hopes for 2010: All-Ireland club for Naomh Gall, then someone else (even Cargin) wins Antrim senior football championship. Promotion to division 2 and a championship match in Croke Park for the senior footballers.
Football Fears for 2010: That Emperor Baker Bradley's new clothes are truely exposed with relegation back to div. 4 and two defeats in two championship matches.

Hurling Hopes for 2010:  All-Ireland Intermediate club title for Naomh Gall. Then each and every hurl in the county be taken in a ceremonial procession to Fair Head, whereupon they be arranged into a massive ceremonial pyre which in turn be lit and glow brightly as a conflagration which can be seen on the Mull of Kintyre.
Hurling Fears for 2010: A once in a lifetime rain storm hits Fair Head the night of the procession / ceremonial pyre.

Predictions for 2010:

Football Provincial Champions: Tyrone, Mayo, Dublin, Kerry
Football All Ireland Winners:  Dublin

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Croí na hÉireann

My County: Westmeath

Football Hopes for 2010: A repeat of 2008
Football Fears for 2010:  A repeat of 2009

Hurling Hopes for 2010: Good showing in the league and win the CR
Hurling Fears for 2010: A repeat of 2009 in the CR

Football Provincial Champions: Cork, Galway, Tyrone, Kildare

Hurling Provincial Champions: Galway, Tipperary
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

lynchbhoy

My County: Derry

Football Hopes for 2010: An Ulster title! - maybe even an ulster Final.
Football Fears for 2010: Beaten first round by armagh and then fall on faces in qualifiers and out in the early rounds before they get going.

Hurling Hopes for 2010: Ulster final and a good perf - Derry are still blending a lot of young talent into the side.
Hurling Fears for 2010: Worried that they could get the blend wrong, be beaten out the gate and set back Derry hurling for another 5 years - as co board see this as an excuse to stop proper funding and promoting hurling.

Predictions for 2010:

Football Provincial Champions: Tyrone, Dublin, Cork, Galway

think Kerry will find this extra year and maybe the loss of a couple of key players will be just too much.
Cork the most talented side but until they win sam, they will always have confidence issues and the likes of tyrone could capitalise if they get into them early.
Derry have enough talent, but there needs tobe a serious collective effort from panelists and manager plus club teams all combining to allow the potential Derry has to get onto the bigger stage. Even then it takes a while for a team to gel, so Cassidy has to get it right from early in the season. Tough task.

mountainboii

My County: Armagh

Football Hopes for 2010: Specific targets, like last 8 or 12, are pointless given the lottery of the qualifier draw. We're a long term project at the minute and any improvement on the last 18 months is to be welcomed. Promotion in the league, a couple of wins in the Ulster Championship, and a run of games in the qualifiers would be ideal. Continued strong performances by the U21s and minors would strengthen the optimism heading into the next decade.
Football Fears for 2010:  2009 again, complete with player strife and disillusionment.

Hurling Hopes for 2010: Ulster final appearance and winning the Rackard
Hurling Fears for 2010: Hammered by Down, or beat even earlier in Ulster and a non-performance in the Rackard.

Football Provincial Champions: Cork, Mayo, Tyrone, Kildare

Hurling Provincial Champions: Kilkenny, Tipperary, Antrim

Emmett

My County: Fermanagh

Football Hopes for 2010: Promotion to Division 2 and that elusive first Ulster title
Football Fears for 2010: A first round exit to Cavan and a limp exit in the qualifiers

Hurling Hopes for 2010: For the other counties to get closer to Kilkenny's excellence
Hurling Fears for 2010: Another easy Liam for Kilkenny

Predictions for 2010:

Football Provincial Champions: Fermanagh  :o, Cork, Kildare, Galway
Football All Ireland Winners:  Cork

Donnellys Hollow

My County: Kildare

Football Hopes for 2010: A provincial title and an All-Ireland semi-final appearance. McGeeney to stay on as manager at the end of the year. Dermot Earley and Johnny Doyle maintain their good form.
Football Fears for 2010: Failure to reach the Leinster Final or an All-Ireland quarter-final. McGeeney to leave at the end of the year. Dermot Earley or Johnny Doyle to retire.

Hurling Hopes for 2010: Win the Christy Ring. Further progress at underage level. Andy Comerford to stay on as manager.
Hurling Fears for 2010: Dropping down to the Rackard. Regression at underage level. Andy Comerford to leave.

Football Provincial Champions: Dublin, Kerry, Galway, Tyrone
Football All Ireland Winners: Kerry

Hurling Provincial Champions: Galway, Cork, Antrim
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Asal Mor

My County: Galway

Football Hopes for 2010: A great championship where the rules are left alone and the games are well refereed, allowing good, hard and fair football. Mayo to win the All-Ireland. I'd love to see them do it and it would be the biggest party the GAA has ever seen.
Football Fears for 2010:  Bad refereeing leading to games that are poor entertainment. I think the quality of refereeing is very important in football since the tackle is open to interpretation, and common sense must be used.

Hurling Hopes for 2010: A competitive championship. Id love to see Cork get back near their best and themselves and Galway to get to the same level as Tipp and Kilkenny. I hope Joe Canning's groin injury will not stop him from showing us all his amazing skills, flicks, tricks and power.
Hurling Fears for 2010: Kilkenny to hammer everyone. They are such a great team that it's always possible no-one will get near them.

Football Provincial Champions: Cork, Tyrone, Mayo, Kildare

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Asal Mor on December 21, 2009, 04:47:19 PM

Football Hopes for 2010: Mayo to win the All-Ireland.

Asal have you started hitting the Christmas sherry a bit early? ;D

down6061689194

My County: Down

Football Hopes for 2010: Another night like Tyrone in Newry. Something to cheer about. A Minor All-Ireland?
Football Fears for 2010: Embarasement

Hurling Hopes for 2010: Ulster?
Hurling Fears for 2010:

Predictions for 2010:

Football Provincial Champions:
Football All Ireland Winners:

Hurling Provincial Champions:
Hurling All Ireland Winners:

Asal Mor

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 21, 2009, 05:08:13 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on December 21, 2009, 04:47:19 PM

Football Hopes for 2010: Mayo to win the All-Ireland.

Asal have you started hitting the Christmas sherry a bit early? ;D

Tis strange alright GBB. Every year I seem to care less about Galway winning and more about the overall spectacle and entertainment of the games. I wonder is this a normal part of growing old or do I need to see somebody?

rossie mad

My County  Roscommon

Football Hopes  Promotion to Div 2 in the league with a championship win against leitrim in the connaught semi final with a final appearance against galway.Give a good account of ourselves and on the day maybe pull off a shock

Football Fears   Relegation to Div 4 and no championship win.Some of the younger lads not reaching their potential.

Hurling Hopes Winning nicky rackard and a good show in the league.Blood some of the young lads coming up

Hurling fears  That the hurling clubs in the county neglect the county set up and hold back players

Predictions

Football
All Ireland winners  Galway

Provincial winners Kildare,Donegal,cork and Galway

Hurling Galway

Provincial winners Kilkenny,waterford,antrim

Rossfan

Jasus Rossiemad you're very fond of Galway altogether (or is it a WU  ;))
My hopes are to win 4 games at least in the NFL and be still in contention for promotion on the last day; get to Conancht Final and a respectable performance there and in the Qualifier( not expecting to win CF): Win a Connacht Underage Title and Fergie to get the bones of a settled side for 2011.
Fears ...the young lads not to make it and us to stay in the lower regions for another 5 years.
Hurling ... dont know and like all non hurling Rossies doesnt register with me
Connacht - Mayo or Galway  :-\
Munster Kerry
Ulster ..any chance of a bit of variety in this most predictable of Provinces( last 11 titles shared between 2)... sooooo it's Derry ::)
Leinster ...can anyone arise from the mire and be genuine A I contenders ...No ..so Kildare to win it.
A I ...Cork
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM