Hopes & Predictions For 2010

Started by ONeill, December 18, 2009, 11:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

This has been done a few times around this time of year.

My County:

Football Hopes for 2010:
Football Fears for 2010:

Hurling Hopes for 2010:
Hurling Fears for 2010:

Predictions for 2010:

Football Provincial Champions:
Football All Ireland Winners:

Hurling Provincial Champions:
Hurling All Ireland Winners:
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Square Ball

My County: Antrim

Football Hopes for 2010: Ulster
Football Fears for 2010: Back to the usual Antrim

Hurling Hopes for 2010: Ulster convincingly

Hurling Fears for 2010: Not winning Ulster

Predictions for 2010:

Football Provincial Champions: Antrim
Football All Ireland Winners: ABK (Sorry guys but I am sick of it)

Hurling Provincial Champions: Antrim
Hurling All Ireland Winners Tip
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Barney

My County: Mayo

Football Hopes for 2010:
Ambition has to be getting to an All Ireland semi-final, consolidating our position in Division 1 and giving the u21 championship a good rattle.

Football Fears for 2010:
Realistically I think it could be a horror show. A crucial juncture has arrived for the current panel. The capitulation against Meath was a pure disaster. The management haven't freshened up their back room team either. The league is going to be very tough - away to Cork, Derry, Tyrone and Kerry - we will see if these fellas have the balls to stand up and show that they were embarassed by last years exit, especially with best player Alan Dillon missing. History tends to suggest they'll probably lie down meekly, be relegated, go into the championship on a low, struggle past Sligo, lose to Galway and the Summer over in early July when the towel is thrown in in the qualifiers, management to go, County Board finances in meltdown etc etc

Hurling Hopes for 2010:
More improvement - but frankly do any of us really care?

Hurling Fears for 2010:
A wayward sliotar hits Alan Dillon full square on the forehead when he is walking past a pitch one day ruling him out of football for a year.

Predictions for 2010:

Football Provincial Champions: Galway, Kildare, Cork, Tyrone
Football All Ireland Winners: Cork

Hurling Provincial Champions: Kilkenny and Cork
Hurling All Ireland Winners: Kilkenny

Bud Wiser

My County: Laois & Dublin

Football Hopes for 2010:   That smaller/weakercounties can get enough sponsorship to pay managers the same wages as the high flying managers are being paid by the big hitters at the top level to allow them provide the same level of training and incentives to players who are willing to give the same commitment.
Football Fears for 2010: That along with the new proposed rule, "The Mark" , they do not introduce more rules similar to "Leg before wicket" or go for tea breaks in football which is becoming a running basketball game/

Hurling Hopes for 2010:Same as football but I want to see Dublin play Kilkenny twice, once in the Leinster Championship and once in the AIF after coming through the back door. They deserve it for the progress they are making
Hurling Fears for 2010: Attendances at Croke Park could lead to a dull atmosphere which in turn will lead to smaller crowds again.  My biggest fear is that the GAA will do nothing about this and the only games we will see in Croke Park will be the All Ireland Semis and Final.That Cork, and the GPA will realise the damage they have done to hurling by their player power policy that has now spread across Munster. Lift and Strike is right.

Predictions for 2010:

Football Provincial Champions: Kildare, Derry, Kerry Galway.
Football All Ireland Winners: Kildare

Hurling Provincial Champions: Galway, Tipp,
Hurling All Ireland Winners: Tipperary/Kilkenny and although my head says Cork have a chance my heart won't allow me write their name.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

ha ha derry

My County: Derry

Football Hopes for 2010: That teams will actually kick the ball
Football Fears for 2010: That they won,t

Hurling Hopes for 2010: Kilkenny for 5
Hurling Fears for 2010: Cork

Predictions for 2010: Renaissance for Derry hurling  ;)

Football Provincial Champions: Tyrone, Dublin, Galway, Kerry.
Football All Ireland Winners: Kerry

Hurling Provincial Champions: Derry, Kilkenny, Galway, Tipp.
Hurling All Ireland Winners Kilkenny.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: ONeill on December 18, 2009, 11:45:33 PM
This has been done a few times around this time of year.

My County: Tyrone

Football Hopes for 2010: My club to win county championship. A new team to win Sam eg: Sligo.
Football Fears for 2010: GAAs will make gap between county players and club players even greater with the power they have secumbed to GPA.

Hurling Hopes for 2010: Antrim of Dublin to win the All Irealnd (highly unlikely tho)
Hurling Fears for 2010: Kilkenny win it again.

Predictions for 2010:

Football Provincial Champions: Tyrone-Cork-Kildare-Galway
Football All Ireland Winners: Cork (have to do it this time)

Hurling Provincial Champions: Tipp-Galway-Antrim
Hurling All Ireland Winners:
Tipp

Hardy

My County: Meath

Football Hopes for 2010:
- That the good sense of GAA people around the country will prevail against the attempt to railroad the GPA into power and the dirty deal will be defeated at Congress. 
- On the field, the hope is always for a senior All-Ireland win. I also hope to see some success at under-age level to indicate that there's hope for the future.

Football Fears for 2010:
- That the GPA deal will go ahead and we will have a two-tier organisation for the first time as the first step on an irreversible journey to a professional league with about ten teams.
- That Meath will regress from last year instead of improving on a semi-final appearance.
- That there will be another misguided attempt to "clean up the game", i.e. remove all physical contact from it, with a rash of directives to referees to wave cards at everything, except the real problems, like diving and ... see below.
- That the diving and injury feigning and trash-talking and crowd-applauding and pulling-the-jersey-over-the-head-ing and soccer-aping and yards-stealing and goalkeeper-encroaching and point-palming and rule-ignoring will continue to grow while the powers that be concentrate on making sure players don't bump into each other.

Hurling Hopes for 2010: I don't really have any.

Hurling Fears for 2010: I don't really have any, except that the player-power epidemic infesting the game will spread.

Predictions for 2010:
Football Provincial Champions: Antrim, Kildare, Cork, Mayo; no - Galway; no, Mayo. Feckit - Sligo.
Football All Ireland Winners: Kerry.

Hurling Provincial Champions: Tipp, Kilkenny.
Hurling All Ireland Winners: Kilkenny.

Lar Naparka

Good topic, O'Neill; maybe it has been done a few times before but it is always suitable to play about with at this time of the year.
My County: Mayo; God help us!

Football Hopes for 2010: I think Mayo will probably win the Connacht title and possibly make it to the semi stages. Mayo should maintain Division One status in the league and I'd expect the u21s to be serious contenders this year, given that we  had good minor sides for the last two seasons.
Football Fears for 2010:  That my predictions for the seniors will be way off the mark! Given the record since John O'Mahony took over, I may be an incurable optimist. Maybe he is not solely responsible for the last three championship campaigns as I feel a lot of the present setup are well past their sell by date and it will be 2011 at least before he can put together a team of his own choosing.

Hurling Hopes for 2010: Given Mayo's status, I can't see much hope of progress but it's great to observe the team spirit and pride in the jersey of the lads. Given the small pool of players and the lack of resources, Mayo hurlers will continue to punch above their weight. I'd love to see them win an All Ireland B but would settle for a semi placing.

Hurling Fears for 2010: That no county will emerge to topple Kilkenny from their pedestal - for another year at least.

Predictions for 2010: Football: Tyrone/Kerry  Hurling: Kilkenny/Tipperary
I can't see much prospect of change in either football or hurling.

Football Provincial Champions: Cork, Mayo, Tyrone, Kildare

Hurling Provincial Champions: KilkennyTipperary
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

T Fearon

My County:

Football Hopes for 2010: All Ireland
Football Fears for 2010: Repeat of 2009

Hurling Hopes for 2010: Cats do the five in a row
Hurling Fears for 2010:   More off filed shite, managers getting death threats etc

Predictions for 2010:

Football Provincial Champions: Armagh, Galway, Dublin, Kerry
Football All Ireland Winners:  Kerry

Hurling Provincial Champions: Kilkenny, Waterford, Galway, Antrim
Hurling All Ireland Winners:  Kilkenny

Fear ón Srath Bán

My County: Tír Eoghain

Football Hopes for 2010: Sam
Football Fears for 2010: That the massive blending and regeneration project as engaged in by MH will not actually come off, and that it'll inevitably be something of a disjointed and unfulfilling season

Hurling Hopes for 2010: Tipperary make that breakthrough
Hurling Fears for 2010: They don't

Predictions for 2010:

Football Provincial Champions:
Derry/Mayo/Kildare/Cork
Football All Ireland Winners: If MH can conjure the alchemy once again, Tyrone, if not Cork (I don't believe for one second that that Cork team would have beaten a Tyrone at anything like their best, but they'll be capable of going the whole way if we're not)

Hurling Provincial Champions: Antrim/Galway/Kilkenny/Tipperary
Hurling All Ireland Winners: Tipperary

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

boojangles

My County: Cavan

Football Hopes for 2010: An Ulster U-21 Championship or an Ulster Minor Final appearance. Club Football to improve.Progress with the Seniors,and not bottling it when it comes to the crunch.
Football Fears for 2010: Same old story

Hurling Hopes for 2010: More progress,alot to go but Hurling has improved in Cavan.
Hurling Fears for 2010: None really

Predictions for 2010:

Football Provincial Champions: Tyrone, Galway, Kildare, Kerry
Football All Ireland Winners: Tyrone

Hurling Provincial Champions: Antrim, Galway, Kilkenny, Waterford
Hurling All Ireland Winners: Tipperary

thewobbler

My County: Down

Football Hopes for 2010: I'm not greedy and I see this as a time for progress, but I would like this to be year when Down's footballers all seem to understand what their roles are in the team, plus the emergence of genuine leaders to fill our central positions. If we improve at all from the past few years, then we'll reach Croke Park for the last 12 - although a quarter-final appearance would be a serious lift to the county. Hopefully Liam Doyle and Ambrose Rogers will emerge from their injury hells and take us places.

Football Fears for 2010: Wee James hasn't had much choice really; the best players in the county are more-or-less those that have featured over the past 3-4 years. The question is can he sort out their failings as county players? Can he make them more cynical, more clinical, more consistent? Or is this crop of players just never going to cut it a senior level? Also, at a national level, I fear that Kerry once again will not be cut down when vulnerable, but will grow unassailable momentum over the season.

Hurling Hopes for 2010: The stickfighting rarely bothers my thoughts for too long, but I wish Down's hurling clubs would show more of a willingness to further hurling in the county by providing a united, collective front in the red and black. As an outsider, it seems to me that Down hurling folk are too much into petty squabbles and not enough into playing ball. At a national level, I hope Kilkenny suffer a horrific loss once knockout proper starts, and that a TV commentator will describe a poor hurling match as exactly that.   

Hurling Fears for 2010: I fear for Ulster teams nearly every time they head south. Not for too long though

Predictions for 2010:

Football Provincial Champions: Cork, Armagh, Dublin, Mayo

Hurling Provincial Champions: Antrim, Galway, Kilkenny, Waterford

J70

My County: Donegal

Football Hopes for 2010: An Ulster title!
Football Fears for 2010: Beaten at home in Ulster for the third year in a row

Hurling Hopes for 2010: Don't really care
Hurling Fears for 2010: Don't care enough

Predictions for 2010:

Football Provincial Champions: Tyrone, Dublin, Cork, Mayo

leenie

My County: TYRONE

Football Hopes for 2010: ALL IRELAND WIN
Football Fears for 2010: MAYBE ALL ISN'T WELL IN THE TYRONE CAMP...

Hurling Hopes for 2010: A TEAM TO GIVE KILKENNY A RUN FOR LIAM
Hurling Fears for 2010: NONE

Predictions for 2010: KERRY WILL BE IN THE ALL IRELAND

Football Provincial Champions: TYRONE, MAYO. KILDARE CORK
Football All Ireland Winners:  TYRONE

Hurling Provincial Champions:
Hurling All Ireland Winners: [/b] KILKENNY
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

mylestheslasher

Lots of ye have Galway & Kilkenny down to win a provincial title in Hurling, don't think both of them can win Leinster or do Galway get automatically named connaught champs every year?