Adams' brother sought over alleged abuse

Started by Denn Forever, December 18, 2009, 09:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Looks like glens abu needs to do his homework a bit better
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

glens abu

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 03, 2013, 07:15:04 PM
Quote from: glens abu on October 03, 2013, 09:46:41 AM
Quote from: Hound on October 03, 2013, 09:23:06 AM
Quote from: Leo on October 03, 2013, 12:28:53 AM
Having read back through these threads I am aghast at the apologist mentality that is so myopic that SF posters fail to grasp the enormity of human damgae caused by paedophila
I'm surprised anyone is surprised. Reading all their posts its clear that informing on his brother would have been worse than not informing, in their mindset.

Don't be surprised because you and Leo seemed to have missed the point[although I think there is an excuse for him]Gerry Adams had to respect the wishes of the abused and while she want anonymity he couldn't go about telling the world that his brother was a child abuser.What was he to say when he was asked how did he know or who did Liam abuse,break her anonymity and give her name,ffs get real here.This was a very difficult family matter to handle,while at the same time respecting the abused child's wishes.Think there is a lot of very sick sad people on this board who are prepared to use this child's abuse to get a dig at Gerry Adams.I expect it from the likes of Suzanne Breen but others on here who claim to be concerned with Human rights in other countries should look closer to home.
Try again:
"Aine Tyrell has said that she never demanded that Sinn Fein president Gerry Adams protect her anonymity over claims that his brother Liam — her father — had repeatedly raped her from when she was four years old. Aine says that she would have been willing at any time to accompany Gerry Adams to meet Sinn Fein and youth groups in west Belfast to warn them about the allegations against her father."
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/we-received-no-support-from-gerry-adams-he-didnt-even-send-a-birthday-card-28514105.html

Suzanne Breen again twisting words,read all of the statement yes she said if she knew that her anonymity was the problem she would have told Gerry it didn't matter.How did he know she thought that unless she told him which she didn't.

glens abu

Quote from: Saffrongael on October 03, 2013, 07:55:27 PM
Looks like glens abu needs to do his homework a bit better
Did Martin Og give you a shake ;D,v,very poor contribution Saff now away and check what Og want you to say next.

Saffrongael

It's fairly obvious glens abu is an apologist for the cover up of paedophilia.

I also think Adams said (he kept changing his version of events so it's hard to nail him down) he didn't know Liam Adams was working as a youth worker.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Maguire01

Quote from: glens abu on October 03, 2013, 09:18:12 PM
Having read back through these threads I am aghast at the apologist mentality that is so myopic that SF posters fail to grasp the enormity of human damgae caused by paedophila
I'm surprised anyone is surprised. Reading all their posts its clear that informing on his brother would have been worse than not informing, in their mindset.

Don't be surprised because you and Leo seemed to have missed the point[although I think there is an excuse for him]Gerry Adams had to respect the wishes of the abused and while she want anonymity he couldn't go about telling the world that his brother was a child abuser.What was he to say when he was asked how did he know or who did Liam abuse,break her anonymity and give her name,ffs get real here.This was a very difficult family matter to handle,while at the same time respecting the abused child's wishes.Think there is a lot of very sick sad people on this board who are prepared to use this child's abuse to get a dig at Gerry Adams.I expect it from the likes of Suzanne Breen but others on here who claim to be concerned with Human rights in other countries should look closer to home.
Try again:
"Aine Tyrell has said that she never demanded that Sinn Fein president Gerry Adams protect her anonymity over claims that his brother Liam — her father — had repeatedly raped her from when she was four years old. Aine says that she would have been willing at any time to accompany Gerry Adams to meet Sinn Fein and youth groups in west Belfast to warn them about the allegations against her father."
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/we-received-no-support-from-gerry-adams-he-didnt-even-send-a-birthday-card-28514105.html

Suzanne Breen again twisting words,read all of the statement yes she said if she knew that her anonymity was the problem she would have told Gerry it didn't matter.How did he know she thought that unless she told him which she didn't.
But you suggested that she had explicitly requested anonymity and that's why Gerry didn't act.

glens abu

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 03, 2013, 09:28:30 PM
Quote from: glens abu on October 03, 2013, 09:18:12 PM

Try again:

But you suggested that she had explicitly requested anonymity and that's why Gerry didn't act.

Of course she did she only gave up that in 2009 when she went public on the insight program.

glens abu

Quote from: Saffrongael on October 03, 2013, 09:24:41 PM

I also think Adams said (he kept changing his version of events so it's hard to nail him down) he didn't know Liam Adams was working as a youth worker.

Are you a complete dickhead,I am defending Gerry Adams not Liam,so even if Gerry was in the wrong it doesn't make him a paedophile.Now I know Martin Og is stupid but surely he can give you a better answer than that. :-[

Saffrongael

Quote from: glens abu on October 03, 2013, 09:35:54 PM

Are you a complete d**khead,I am defending Gerry Adams not Liam,so even if Gerry was in the wrong it doesn't make him a paedophile.Now I know Martin Og is stupid but surely he can give you a better answer than that. :-[

Now now, keep your cool. You are defending someone that knew a paedophile was working in youth clubs in West Belfast. Just because you are a member of Sinn Fein does not mean you do not question the actions of Gerry Adams. It just makes you look like a fool.

glens abu

Quote from: Saffrongael on October 03, 2013, 09:43:34 PM

Are you a complete d**khead,I am defending Gerry Adams not Liam,so even if Gerry was in the wrong it doesn't make him a paedophile.Now I know Martin Og is stupid but surely he can give you a better answer than that. :-[

Now now, keep your cool. You are defending someone that knew a paedophile was working in youth clubs in West Belfast. Just because you are a member of Sinn Fein does not mean you do not question the actions of Gerry Adams. It just makes you look like a fool.

Glad to see you have grown a set Saff and can now engage, ;)but yes a very proud member of SF and will always defend our Leader when being attacked by wee dissies. ;)

theticklemister

Quote from: glens abu on October 03, 2013, 09:51:12 PM

Glad to see you have grown a set Saff and can now engage, ;)but yes a very proud member of SF and will always defend our Leader when being attacked by wee dissies. ;)

Wee dissies, leathal.

glens abu

Quote from: theticklemister on October 03, 2013, 10:30:43 PM
Quote from: glens abu on October 03, 2013, 09:51:12 PM

Wee dissies, leathal.

Glad you like it

Wildweasel74

Gerry Adams is in the wrong because he knew his brother was a potential risk to possible other children, maybe the family didnt want things like this coming out, but he let his brother go on his way, and not keep tabs on him to a extent, how the hell he was involved in youth clubs is deeply worrying and the potential left open to to vulnerable children possible in his care during his work.

If Gerry feels he couldn't report him (which was wrong) he had a responsible to ensure other children were not at risk, this he failed miserably
Any politician worth his salt would resign like the recent SDLP man, but Like McCrea, Murray, McCausland, Patterson, and Robinson before him, responsibility of Politician from the north is sadly lacking

give her dixie

Just recently Conall McDavitt resigned for failing to disclose financial dealings. Gerry failed to disclose his role in covering up child abuse and he is still in power. Shameful really when you look at it .......
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

give her dixie

Liam Adams claimed 15 years ago: 'I know names of people in child sex ring'

BY FIACH KELLY – 04 OCTOBER 2013

The convicted child abuser brother of Sinn Fein president Gerry Adams claimed 15 years ago he knew of a "very well organised arrangement" of paedophiles.

Liam Adams was convicted earlier this week of raping and sexually assaulting his daughter, Aine Dahlstrom, over a six-year period between 1977 and 1983.

But in an article in the Irish Independent in July 1998 on paedophilia in Co Louth, Liam Adams warned about groups of paedophiles.

The article reads: "Youth community leader Liam Adams says there is a strong local involvement in what he described as a 'very well organised arrangement' which may also have links in Donegal. 'We have names of well-known business people who we are 100pc sure are involved.'

"But he says that the authorities should be doing more to investigate the situation based on the evidence which has emerged so far."

Meanwhile, Gerry Adams has defended his failure to contact the police for nine years about the sexual abuse of his niece.

Gerry Adams was told by Liam in 2000 about the abuse -- but he did not report it to the PSNI until 2009.

Gerry Adams will not face prosecution over claims he withheld information after the Public Prosecution Service (PPS) decided not to launch a case.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/republic-of-ireland/liam-adams-claimed-15-years-ago-i-know-names-of-people-in-child-sex-ring-29632921.html
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Main Street

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 02, 2013, 09:35:38 PM
Quote from: Main Street on October 02, 2013, 09:07:15 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on October 02, 2013, 07:12:39 PM
Quote from: Main Street on October 02, 2013, 06:19:11 PM
She presents a mishmash of incidents to prove her case against Adams and not one of those incidents prove anything of the sort.
There's an evident emotional bias in her piece, which  blinkers her to just one cynical interpretation of any incident, an interpretation which just happens to support her case :)
Not clear on what you're getting at here Main Street. What case is she trying to prove? And what other ways could incidents in her article be interpreted?

For example, Gerry is reported as having said he had been estranged from his brother for 15 years until 2002-3, however, photographs apparently show him at his brother's wedding 10 years after he said he was supposedly estranged from his brother. The article also states that he maintained regular contact with his brother, "staying overnight at his home in Dundalk; and Liam actually lived with him for several weeks in his west Belfast home after he had secured a job in a youth centre in Clonard." How many ways is this open to interpretation? I'm genuinely interested if i'm missing something here.

the article says: "Photographs eight months after Gerry Adams said he had Liam "dumped" from the party show the Sinn Fein president canvassing in June 1997 in the Dail election campaign with the brother he believed was a paedophile, and from whom he was allegedly estranged." Again, what are we to interpret here?

She finishes the article with this line: The Louth TD continues to cling onto the reins of power but it is impossible to believe that any other political leader on this island would survive such a damning history. Is she off the mark?
Adams is not clinging, that's patently ridiculous.
There's nothing for him to survive, there is no challenge to his credibility arising from this case.

It's not a question of what other ways her article can be interpreted, it's her interpretation of evidence that she puts forward as supporting her argument that's seriously at fault.
If we are to trust her judgement, then she has to be accurate in all evidence she finds worthy to present as supporting her case, that Adams is toxic. What she has presented is not evidence of guilt, lies or hypocrisy on Adams' behalf. Quite frankly, she doesn't meet that standard. Adams has already given account and her level of evidence has not breached that account, much of what she presents is innuendo. 
Agreed that he's not "clinging" - there's clearly no one in SF that's willing to challenge him.

But how can you say that "What she has presented is not evidence of guilt, lies or hypocrisy on Adams' behalf"? Or that "Adams has already given account and her level of evidence has not breached that account"? There are photos of him with his brother during the time they were supposedly estranged.  Is that not fairly black and white? Is that not evidence of lies?

And of course it challenges his credibility - again, it appears not from within SF or those loyal to the party - but to any objective person, how can it not?
Are you objective Maguire? You have no axe to grind with Sinn Fein or Adams?
For my part, I am no Sinn Feiner and am not a member or supporter of any political party or have any great gra for any politician in Ireland.
Can you say the same?

I am quite aware of the questions to do with child abuse and the concerted criminal cover ups.

Adams has already answered questions in detail and concerning his 'estrangement' in court. You have to read those questions and answers. You also have to refer back to the original interviews with Adams and hear what Adams has actually said in them. Why on earth should I take Breen's word on it? I make up my own mind based on hearing and reading what Adams has said.  This is  a pathetic c**k and bull effort to sensationalise this sordid affair.
Breen is not just poor, she is sensationalist and poor.