How much

Started by sammymaguire, December 13, 2009, 01:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

10% tithing is what most good Christian folk give over here!

Niall Quinn

Quote from: shambo on December 13, 2009, 06:18:31 PM
10% of your wages is what Jesus said.
Was he talking pre-tax wages or net pay?
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Archie Mitchell

Kaka gives 10% of his wages to the church.

muppet

Know some Prods who'd give that amount. Church of Ireland publish what is given or not given.

Link?
MWWSI 2017

longrunsthefox

Know some Prods who'd give that amount. Church of Ireland publish what is given or not given.

Where did Jesus say that? there wasn't even a church when he was about. Like who did the worship... Jesus?  ::) 

shambo

Quote from: muppet on December 13, 2009, 07:58:21 PM

Link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOU8GIRUd_g

mylestheslasher

I wouldn't give them the steam of my piss. In fact, people should be taking out of the basket and giving it to charities. The government should also refuse to give them any grant money. They are a totally disgraced organisation and I think anyone who gives them money is seriously misguided.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Whitewell Tabernacle on the Shore Road - 20% of what you earn (after tax) also 20% of any gifts, loans inheritance etc...!

We give a fiver each week, wife sorts it out.  ;)
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 13, 2009, 08:47:39 PM
I wouldn't give them the steam of my piss. In fact, people should be taking out of the basket and giving it to charities. The government should also refuse to give them any grant money. They are a totally disgraced organisation and I think anyone who gives them money is seriously misguided.

Ah ffs give it a rest we know your anti church, this thread doesn't even relate to you!
Tbc....

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on December 13, 2009, 11:23:54 PM

Whitewell Tabernacle on the Shore Road - 20% of what you earn (after tax) also 20% of any gifts, loans inheritance etc...!

I'd be moving church if the hoors were looking 20%. Maybe that is missing the point!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 13, 2009, 11:30:39 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on December 13, 2009, 11:23:54 PM

I'd be moving church if the hoors were looking 20%. Maybe that is missing the point!

Tony I know for a fact that people in Whitewell used to get loans and have to give 20% back, they used to try and hide the fact they where getting them, always screwed when getting work done to the house though, their friends would let the pastors know!
Tbc....

Puckoon

Quote from: Niall Quinn on December 13, 2009, 06:24:19 PM
Was he talking pre-tax wages or net pay?

Jesus knew percentages?
Easy seeing he was jewish.

muppet

The 1st time I ever saw a brand new BMW was when I had to meet the Bishop on behalf of my school.

I think it may have been a 5 series too.
MWWSI 2017

downredblack

SVP collection yesterday , Priest layed it on with a trowel .By the time the basket gets to me it's busting with ten's and twenty's . I stick the hand in the pocket , nothing . Drag out a handful of copper shrapnel , look up and my old headmaster is standing holding the basket in front of my nose . Threw in about 26 cent and went back to my prayers .

sammymaguire

I think we all know the craic with some of the priests but Harold Shipman was a doctor, does that mean ALL doctors are evil? You can't tar everyone with the same brush myles....
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!