ATM heists are cool

Started by longrunsthefox, December 11, 2009, 07:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

Quote from: comethekingdom on December 12, 2009, 09:16:01 AM
What is it with nordies and criminality? - lots of people think its perfectly ok to rip off welfare, smuggle, pull atm's out of shops, banks etc, defraud electricity meters, run road going vehicles on red/green diesel? There's not a fraction of that sort of criminality down our part of the country!
Youse boys would need to brush up on yere morals and have some bit of a conscience.

I've actually wondered that myself. I came to the conclusion it was a border thing though. When I moved to belfast, I found that I had a much more relaxed attitude to the law than most of those around me, and they were all northerners too, while at home most around me had similar views, and a lot of them were from the south.

With regards to much of the above, I may not do it, but I wouldnt have a bad opinion on most who did, and certainly wouldnt report it.

I had a friend (not from round the border) who regularly came out (disparagingly) with - 'typical border mentality, take all you can get...': I think he hit the nail on the head.

Bing Crosby .

Quote from: whiskeysteve on December 12, 2009, 01:07:19 PM
If folks are gonna describe these boys as scum thats fair enough but at the end of the day these boys face big jailtime if caught when their crime is merely making a nuisance of themselves in comparison to the corporate shenanigans of boys like Sean Fitpatrick etc who have effectively raided the equivalent of thousands of ATMs in the fallout from their behaviour. Wheres their penalty??

Its hard to feel pissed off at the ATM heists when the corporate elite has shafted the country for billions.

The institutions of Ireland in general have fucked the country over. Yet no jail time for bankers, politicians or bishops of course. Criminality is perfectly fine so long as you practice it in the upper echelons. This doesn't seem set to change.

So I'd feel a kind of apathy towards the ATM heists at this stage.

My sentiments exactly .

Bing Crosby .

Quote from: haranguerer on December 12, 2009, 01:34:27 PM
Quote from: comethekingdom on December 12, 2009, 09:16:01 AM
What is it with nordies and criminality? - lots of people think its perfectly ok to rip off welfare, smuggle, pull atm's out of shops, banks etc, defraud electricity meters, run road going vehicles on red/green diesel? There's not a fraction of that sort of criminality down our part of the country!
Youse boys would need to brush up on yere morals and have some bit of a conscience.

I've actually wondered that myself. I came to the conclusion it was a border thing though. When I moved to belfast, I found that I had a much more relaxed attitude to the law than most of those around me, and they were all northerners too, while at home most around me had similar views, and a lot of them were from the south.

With regards to much of the above, I may not do it, but I wouldnt have a bad opinion on most who did, and certainly wouldnt report it.

I had a friend (not from round the border) who regularly came out (disparagingly) with - 'typical border mentality, take all you can get...': I think he hit the nail on the head.

Spot on again haranguerer .

longrunsthefox

...."This is the story of two pretty good bad men. Hannibal Hayes and Kid Curry... together these gentlemen substantially altered the course of America's frontier. They did a lot to change railroad schedules, too.
And in all the trains and banks they robbed, they never shot anyone. This made our two latter day Robin Hoods very popular with everyone but the railroad and banks. Because unlike Robin Hood, Hannibal Hayes and Kid Curry robbed from the rich and kept the money for themselves.
...it was a good life. But times were changing. Safes were getting better, posses were getting bigger, sheriffs were getting smarter and modern communication made it only a matter of time until they were captured and maybe even killed...."

Sounds familar... EC UNIQUE you are the bounty hunter looking for them for the reward...
...'it's time to ride on out of here...   yee! haa!!'

redhugh

I think at the minute with the levels of hatred for the banks at an all time high, a lot of people see these heists and think - well that's one way of getting money off the cnuts.If this had been happening to this extent 3/4 years ago ,the appetite to catch these gangs would have been much greater IMO.I don't totally agree that they are cool fox, but I can see how people could think like that.

EC Unique

Quote from: longrunsthefox on December 12, 2009, 01:53:21 PM

Sounds familar... EC UNIQUE you are the bounty hunter looking for them for the reward...
...'it's time to ride on out of here...   yee! haa!!'

:D :D Yee Ha Fox!

All I know is if I seen a JCB out at 4am I would take am interest in what it was been used for.

Might be a handy 25k...

imtommygunn

Would be very surprised if these boys weren't caught to be honest...

A lot of people seem to be making these boys out to be like Robin Hood here. It's kn**ker behaviour doing this kind of thing and should in no way be applauded.

It's also hardly the most sophisticated way in the world of performing a robbery but then again whatever works for you.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 12, 2009, 04:42:21 PM
Would be very surprised if these boys weren't caught to be honest...

A lot of people seem to be making these boys out to be like Robin Hood here. It's kn**ker behaviour doing this kind of thing and should in no way be applauded.

It's also hardly the most sophisticated way in the world of performing a robbery but then again whatever works for you.

It certainly works for them  ;)

imtommygunn

It does but they'll probably be caught.

Maybe I'll be wrong but such a primitive method is bound to be able to be caught. Or else you would have to question what the police are doing...

Oraisteach

Not familiar with this new "self serve" trend.

How exactly do they do it?  How many ATMs have been hit?  Has it been occurring across the North? Is it thought to be the same gang?

haranguerer

Started around border areas anyway. I know at the start, and I assume still, they looked for ATMs close to where there was work going on, so they could break into a digger and use it to get the ATM - they werent driving around, as I think someone alluded, with a JCB on a trailer at 4 in the morning. Heres the first one (I think...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heTHphRcsns

longrunsthefox

Police investigating a series of cash machine robberies using diggers across Northern Ireland say they are following "definite lines of inquiry"  :D
In the latest incident, a filling station was badly damaged in Templepatrick, County Antrim.
The thieves used a mechanical digger to rip the ATM from the shop.
Eighteen ATMs have been targeted in recent months, damaging several banks and shops. No-one has been charged in connection with any of the thefts.
A police spokesman said detectives were working with the business community to identify and reduce the risks of such robberies.
The digger with a telescopic arm was abandoned at the scene, while it is understood police found part of the cash machine in a field a few miles outside the village.
However, no cash was recovered.
Andrew Crawford said one of his drivers was passing at the time of the robbery and called the police, only to be put through to officers in Derry.
"They put me through to the station in Antrim who spent more time getting my number and details when they should have been after these guys," he said.
A reward of up to £25,000 is being offered for anyone who can help catch the criminals targeting cash machines in Northern Ireland.

Sherriff EC UNIQUE is favourite to net the reward.

Has been ATMs done in the Republic too... with two in Cavan last nite.
Not one arrest yet  ::)

Exciting isn't it?... wat planet do you live on Oraisteach?

haranguerer

imtommygunn

Either a) they're kacking themselves in that area or b) they're in having a kip

Oraisteach

I hail from the planet O-hi-o.

I might have progged the odd apple in my day, but not pounds and pounds and pounds of them.

Another question.  How much cash does the average ATM hold?

BTW, thanks for the video link.