Fight Night - Aidan O'Rourke v Paddy Bradley, Pat McEnaney v Colm Coyle & more..

Started by Ti Chulainn, December 06, 2009, 11:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ti Chulainn

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004372B04A3AC8?artistid=1018037&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=33

Old scores will be settled, battlelines will be defended and honour put on the line as Dromintee prepare to withstand an invasion from Ulster and afar in the much-anticipated Fight Night, which will take place in the Carrickdale Hotel on January 16. Top GAA personalities from Antrim, Derry, Down, Louth, Meath and Monaghan will travel to take on the south Armagh natives with a full house expected.

The bill is sure to keep all in attendance entertained with the top bout of new Dromintee manager Aidan O'Rourke and Derry's Paddy Bradley garnering the most attention. Bradley's Glenullin teammate Gerard O'Kane will have to be on his toes as he comes up against Kevin Dyas, who has two years weight-training behind him from his time with Collingwood in Australia.

The Armagh/Down rivalry has always been legendary and Micheal O'Rourke and Shane O'Neill will try and get one over their Mourne neighbours when they come up against Dan McCartan and Aidan Carr respectively.

Colm Coyle began his preparations for his fight 13 years ago in the 1996 All-Ireland final, Pat McEnaney, the referee on the day, wasn't overly impressed with his boxing skills that day and gave him the line. Now the Meath man will get his chance at revenge when he squares up against Ulster's top official.

Whether on the pitch or in the political arena, it seems that there are plenty of people looking to land a blow on Antrim's 'Mr Marmite' Kevin McGourty; now Dromintee and Armagh defender Barry Shannon will get just that chance.

Vincey Martin's Dromintee hardman reputation will also be on the line when he comes up against Louth player Paddy Keenan. There will also be a number of contests involving local fighters on the night.

Aidan O'Rourke, one of the chief organisers, is anticipating a great night of entertainment; 'There'll be no holding back knowing the boys involved, said the former Orchard County All Star. Everyone is taking it very seriously. I know the Ulster lads have been training away and are coming here to win. We are as well. Seamus McCormick and the Sacred Heart Club in Newry have been fantastic in giving up their time in attempting to teach us the ropes.'

Organisers are keen to stress that tickets are selling fast and are encouraging people to get their tickets before Christmas to avoid disappointment.

Tickets for the event cost £10 and can be purchased from www.ticketmaster.ie

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004372B04A3AC8?artistid=1018037&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=33

Picture here:
http://www.hoganstand.com/Armagh/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=121289

winsamsoon

Was at one of these last night in Clann Eireann and it was a great nights craic what i will say is that preparation is key. There was one lad who hadn't done a tap and he was the laughing stock. The majority of the other fights were even enough and all went the distance.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

moysider

ONeill

Would consider going to this. Where is this Dromintee exactly and how long from Belfast?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: ONeill on December 06, 2009, 11:50:37 PM
Would consider going to this. Where is this Dromintee exactly and how long from Belfast?

Its the Carrickdale O'Neill. About an hour or so from Belfast. Looks like they've put serious effort into it.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

johnneycool

Quote from: moysider on December 06, 2009, 11:47:51 PM

I rather see Rat McEnaney get in with Liam McHale.

Unless McHale has learned how to throw a punch in the intervening years, I'm sure Pat would be safe enough.

Ti Chulainn

If you can fill a bus from Belfast, we'll do you a good deal on the tickets.

thejuice

Could we get some of the AFL lads involved in this. As McGeeney said, "if you want to box, we'll box".
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

haranguerer

Quote from: hardstation on December 07, 2009, 12:38:54 AM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on December 06, 2009, 11:54:13 PM

Its the Carrickdale O'Neill. About an hour or so from Belfast. Looks like they've put serious effort into it.
They haven't half. Would consider it myself.

Anyone fancy running a bus from Belfast?
Here's a thought - do Dromintee fancy running a return bus from Belfast? Say £25 for bus and ticket?
Let the McCooeys get down to support our local man.

hardstation, sounds like a gaaboard outing you're touting there. I'm onboard!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: haranguerer on December 07, 2009, 01:21:13 PM
Quote from: hardstation on December 07, 2009, 12:38:54 AM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on December 06, 2009, 11:54:13 PM

They haven't half. Would consider it myself.

Anyone fancy running a bus from Belfast?
Here's a thought - do Dromintee fancy running a return bus from Belfast? Say £25 for bus and ticket?
Let the McCooeys get down to support our local man.

hardstation, sounds like a gaaboard outing you're touting there. I'm onboard!

There hasn't been a Gadderin' in a long while.  It might be an idea, convenient to the motor way so people could travel up from Dublin etc.  I would be happy to make the run up from Cork for the weekend!

Ti Chulainn

Ti Chulainn

MC - COOL FM's Connor Phillips

Line up

Paddy 'Buster' Bradley                     v            'Atomic' Aidan O'Rourke
Pat 'The Power' McEnaney               v            Colm 'Crusher' Coyle

Gerard 'Golden Boy' O'Kane              v            Kevin 'Two Guns' Dyas
Kevin 'The Antrim Assasin' McGourty v            Barry 'Sugar Ray' Shannon
'Desperate' Dan McCartan                v            Mick 'The Mauler' O'Rourke
Aidan 'The Clonduff Cyclone' Carr     v            Shane 'Knuckles' O'Neill
Paddy 'King Hit' Keenan                    v            Viney 'The Viper' Martin
Ferghal 'Fists of Fury' Murphy           v            Cathal 'Trouble' O'Neill
Rory 'Meat Cleaver' McKeever           v            Ultan 'The Ultimate' McDonald
Cathal 'Ferocious' Fegan                  v            Shane 'Sweet Pea' Carroll
Sean 'Fearless' Fearon                   v            Kevin 'Gale Force' Gallagher

Tickets: http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004372B04A3AC8?artistid=1018037&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=33

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Ti Chulainn on December 07, 2009, 02:47:37 PM
Facebook group, more pictures etc.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=178550860123

should be a good nights entertainment.corn02 has been poisoning me to go so i have gave in!ONL will also be let loose on the carrickdale!

saffron sam2

Quote from: Ti Chulainn on December 09, 2009, 11:46:56 AM
MC - COOL FM's Connor Phillips

Line up

Paddy 'Buster' Bradley                     v            'Atomic' Aidan O'Rourke
Pat 'The Power' McEnaney               v            Colm 'Crusher' Coyle

Gerard 'Golden Boy' O'Kane              v            Kevin 'Two Guns' Dyas
Kevin 'The Antrim Assasin' McGourty v            Barry 'Sugar Ray' Shannon
'Desperate' Dan McCartan                v            Mick 'The Mauler' O'Rourke
Aidan 'The Clonduff Cyclone' Carr     v            Shane 'Knuckles' O'Neill
Paddy 'King Hit' Keenan                    v            Viney 'The Viper' Martin
Ferghal 'Fists of Fury' Murphy           v            Cathal 'Trouble' O'Neill
Rory 'Meat Cleaver' McKeever           v            Ultan 'The Ultimate' McDonald
Cathal 'Ferocious' Fegan                  v            Shane 'Sweet Pea' Carroll
Sean 'Fearless' Fearon                   v            Kevin 'Gale Force' Gallagher

Tickets: http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004372B04A3AC8?artistid=1018037&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=33

You appear to have inadverently added "asin" to McGourty's stage name.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet