Shamed Gaa star on bankrupt list

Started by Minder, December 04, 2009, 07:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Shamed Tyrone GAA star on bankrupt list

A shamed former County Tyrone GAA star has gone bankrupt, according to the Belfast Gazette, the official newsletter which lists insolvency.
It lists Ger Cavlan, trading as the Bailey Bar, Dungannon, as having a bankruptcy order served on him.
In 2007, he was fined for having a pit-bull after a BBC investigation, but denied being involved in dog-fighting.
A scarred animal was seized from his home. Mr Cavlan said he had been holding it for a friend.
The BBC contacted the Bailey Bar, but there was no answer. Staff at a neighbouring public house said that it had been closed for "a while".
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

DuffleKing

No shame in it. Tough times and i hope he gets back on his feet quickly.

Zapatista

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

5 Sams

In fairness lads he might have been a dirtbird when it came to dogfighting and he deserved every single bit of abuse he got about that .... but bankruptcy is a different story...times are tough...it can happen to anyone.
The Aristocrat Years

gerry

As if its anyones business, can't see him being the first or last this year or next for this to happen to them.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 04, 2009, 11:16:23 PM
In fairness lads he might have been a dirtbird when it came to dogfighting and he deserved every single bit of abuse he got about that .... but bankruptcy is a different story...times are tough...it can happen to anyone.
F**k him.

He lost any respect I had for him (and I had some) when his involvement in dog-fighting became clear.  For any Gael to mingle in the same circles as some mid-Ulster loyalists is unforgiveable, in my opinion.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Tony Baloney

Minder is still sore since his dog Snuffles lost that fight. Get over it.

Rois

Quote from: hardstation on December 04, 2009, 11:28:25 PM
Jaysus lads, you'd think he was bankrupt the way yis are getting on. His bar closed 2 years ago. Big wow.
Bankrupt my hole.

Think if you check last night's Belfast Telegraph you will see that he is indeed legally personally bankrupt which carries certain significant restrictions.  Different from his bar business being insolvent.

Bud Wiser

Bar closed? Nowhere to go when you have a sore head for a bit of 'The hair of the dog that.... ' Oh forget it.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

pintsofguinness

Ive no time for him after the dog business but him being bankrupt is really none of anyone's business. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

redhugh

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 05, 2009, 11:06:25 AM
Ive no time for him after the dog business but him being bankrupt is really none of anyone's business.
Totally agree pints.It's none of anyone's business.He's hardly the first ex-county footballer to go bust.I think it's sad that this story is being used to sell papers.

The Konica

Quote from: redhugh on December 05, 2009, 12:30:20 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 05, 2009, 11:06:25 AM
Totally agree pints.It's none of anyone's business.He's hardly the first ex-county footballer to go bust.I think it's sad that this story is being used to sell papers.
It's even sadder to see someone post it up on a forum to supposedly do with GAA discussions.

At least the paper has money as a motive - posting that is just for either gossips sake or to delight at someone's misfortune.

thejuice

Who gives a f**k. I dont even know why anyone gives a f**k about this Tiger Woods thing. When he's not playing golf, its nobody's business.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

longrunsthefox

Was cynical of Irish News but they know that haedline and pic would move  a lot of papers.