World Cup Draw Fri 4th Dec.

Started by A Quinn Martin Production, December 02, 2009, 11:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 04, 2009, 08:02:58 PM
Quote from: Minder on December 04, 2009, 08:02:10 PM
I think if England got to the final I would have to watch it while drinking a bottle of vodka, my nerves couldn't hack it sober.

It be a bit like Dublin being in the All Ireland football final...well it would be for me anyway

As bad as blighty winning the world cup it is still preferable to the French winning it, neither are palatable but the French winning it would be worse imo.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

The Yanks will beat England and top that group!

mylestheslasher

Quote from: stew on December 04, 2009, 08:08:43 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 04, 2009, 08:02:58 PM
Quote from: Minder on December 04, 2009, 08:02:10 PM
I think if England got to the final I would have to watch it while drinking a bottle of vodka, my nerves couldn't hack it sober.

It be a bit like Dublin being in the All Ireland football final...well it would be for me anyway

As bad as blighty winning the world cup it is still preferable to the French winning it, neither are palatable but the French winning it would be worse imo.

Why would you not want France to win, cos they beat Ireland! What did France ever do to us? I'd like to see them do well and as for England I'd like them to get to the final and be beaten by an own goal in the 98th minute :D

Over the Bar

So Brazil, Portugal & Ivory Coast all end up in the same group, all of whom would prob give England a run for their money.   

Lucky for the colonists or what?

Minder

The group stage is irrelevant for England, after it they will start to meet decent teams and we will see wh at they are made of then. I have always maintained they won't keep the ball well enough/long enough to win a major tournament. Hopefully I am right.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mountainboii

Quote from: Minder on December 04, 2009, 11:07:16 PM
The group stage is irrelevant for England, after it they will start to meet decent teams and we will see wh at they are made of then. I have always maintained they won't keep the ball well enough/long enough to win a major tournament. Hopefully I am right.

Agree. England have too many weak links to go all the way. No consistant keeper. A right back that can't defend. No consistant right sided midfielder. Unbalanced midfield that'll be passed to death by the top teams unless they get Hargreaves back. No consistant partner for Rooney, who blows hot and cold as it is.

mountainboii

Predictions  :)

2010 World Cup draw

Group A: France, Uruguay, South Africa, Mexico

Group B: Nigeria, Argentina, Greece, South Korea

Group C: England, USA, Slovenia, Algeria

Group D: Serbia, Germany, Ghana, Australia

Group E: Netherlands, Denmark, Cameroon, Japan

Group F: Italy, Slovakia, Paraguay, New Zealand

Group G: Brazil, Ivory Cost, Portugal, North Korea

Group H: Spain, Switzerland, Chile, Honduras

Last 16:

France - Argentina
England - Germany
Netherlands - Slovakia
Brazil - Switzerland
Nigeria - Uruguay
Serbia - USA
Italy - Denmark
Spain - Ivory Coast

1/4 Finals:

France - England
Netherlands - Brazil
Nigeria - Serbia
Italy - Spain

1/2 Finals:

France - Brazil
Serbia - Spain

Final

Brazil - Spain

ross4life

Quote from: ballinaman on December 04, 2009, 05:30:04 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 04, 2009, 05:28:12 PM
Mark Lawrenson ex Republic Of Ireland international thinks and hopes England can go a long way,he then says I know we always think we can win it but I think we can this time...  :-\

What a d1ck. Always on with that "We" talk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmGrVIFGOB4
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 04, 2009, 06:35:48 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 04, 2009, 06:34:24 PM
What time, our time, will these games be taking place?

I'm thinking if england get a bit of a run I might have a handy time at work,  and if they get a run it'll be even funnier when they're knocked out.

Same time or an hour ahead of us ,not much difference in time between here and there

They are 2 hrs ahead of us but the games are sheduled for prime time in Europe as this is where the big sponsors market. Think 5.30 and 8.30.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Aerlik

The aussies are whinging about the draw.  FFS they were expecting a cushy trip through the qualifiers, but are now looking at the prospect of playing England in the qf's.  Lucas Neill - who could have been playing for Ireland, and Tim Cahill are being realistic but the commentors are starting to moan terribly.

For the anti-French among you, I ask you again, if the French were to come up against the sassanachs would you still support the latter? 

My preferred teams are: (1) Argentina, (2) Japan, (3) Korea (S), (4) Australia.  Only one has a realistic chance though.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: AFS on December 05, 2009, 04:00:13 AM
Predictions  :)

2010 World Cup draw

Group A: France, Uruguay, South Africa, Mexico

Group B: Nigeria, Argentina, Greece, South Korea

Group C: England, USA, Slovenia, Algeria

Group D: Serbia, Germany, Ghana, Australia

Group E: Netherlands, Denmark, Cameroon, Japan

Group F: Italy, Slovakia, Paraguay, New Zealand

Group G: Brazil, Ivory Cost, Portugal, North Korea

Group H: Spain, Switzerland, Chile, Honduras

Last 16:

France - Argentina
England - Germany
Netherlands - Slovakia
Brazil - Switzerland
Nigeria - Uruguay
Serbia - USA
Italy - Denmark
Spain - Ivory Coast

1/4 Finals:

France - England
Netherlands - Brazil
Nigeria - Serbia
Italy - Spain

1/2 Finals:

France - Brazil
Serbia - Spain

Final

Brazil - Spain

I have looked at it a few times and no matter who I pick to come through some of the Groups I reckon it will be a Dutch/Spanish Final
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mountainboii

Holland to beat Brazil then, as they're both likely to top their groups. Think you might be over estimating the Dutch a bit, it was easy for them to look great in such a shite qualifying group. They'll be poorer defensively than most of the other top teams.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: AFS on December 05, 2009, 11:42:19 AM
Holland to beat Brazil then, as they're both likely to top their groups. Think you might be over estimating the Dutch a bit, it was easy for them to look great in such a shite qualifying group. They'll be poorer defensively than most of the other top teams.

Maybe I am over estimating the Dutch....but you have Serbia and France in the semi finals  :o 
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ludermor

Quote from: Aerlik on December 05, 2009, 11:05:28 AM
The aussies are whinging about the draw.  FFS they were expecting a cushy trip through the qualifiers, but are now looking at the prospect of playing England in the qf's.  Lucas Neill - who could have been playing for Ireland, and Tim Cahill (Who was chased by ireland)are being realistic but the commentors are starting to moan terribly.

For the anti-French among you, I ask you again, if the French were to come up against the sassanachs would you still support the latter? 

My preferred teams are: (1) Argentina, (2) Japan, (3) Korea (S), (4) Australia.  Only one has a realistic chance though.

mountainboii

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 05, 2009, 11:45:52 AM
Quote from: AFS on December 05, 2009, 11:42:19 AM

Maybe I am over estimating the Dutch....but you have Serbia and France in the semi finals  :o

I know, I was surprised at that too but the way the draw works out its very possible. Take out Spain and Brazil, who are the best two teams in the world by a mile, and there's fcuk all between the next ten or so sides.