World Cup Draw Fri 4th Dec.

Started by A Quinn Martin Production, December 02, 2009, 11:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Not sure about Brazil and Spain meeting in Quarter final.

So according to the BBC, England will win their group, beat anyone in the 2nd round, beat France in quarter final, Brazil in semi final and Spain/Argentina/Germany in the final!

tyrone86

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 04, 2009, 06:50:16 PM
Not sure about Brazil and Spain meeting in Quarter final.

So according to the BBC, England will win their group, beat anyone in the 2nd round, beat France in quarter final, Brazil in semi final and Spain/Argentina/Germany in the final!

I was wrong so I deleted it. I had a quick glance at it, if all goes to plan they can't meet until the final

The BBC are being very presumptuous, I'd have a punt on them playing Germany in the 2nd round.

stiffler

Spain v Brazil is the final everyone wants to see!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Real Laoislad

If Spain and Brazil win their groups they will be playing the runners up from either group in matches 54 and 56

If Spain win their 2nd round match (match 56) they will be playing the winners of match 55

Match 55 will be winners of Group F which is Italy's group v Runners Up Group E which might be Cameroon/Denmark/Hollan/Japan

So all in all if all goes to plan it will be a Italy v Spain 1/4 Final

You heard it here first!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

A Quinn Martin Production

Jammy barstewards!!!  The good thing is the hype will be uncontrollable come June next year as will the fall out whne they balls it up!!

Tough draw for Ivory Coast who I fancied to do well.  Watch out for possible Eng v Ghana in round two??  Ghana are a strong side.  I think too the successful team in the Brazil and spain groups will play each other??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

tyrone86

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FIFA_World_Cup#Knockout_stage

Probably the easy way to look at it. Potentially Holland v Brazil QF

stiffler

What a handy group ireland would have got  >:(
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

GalwayBayBoy

Think the quarter-finals could end up as

France v England
Holland v Brazil
Argentina v Germany
Italy v Spain

That said you can be sure there will be some upsets before then that will knock one or two of them out.

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on December 04, 2009, 06:30:15 PM
Had a wee laugh when Charlie Therzon said when France came out...Sometimes silence better!!

Missed the draw , what did she say?

Norf Tyrone

Drogba and Kalou v Fererria and Carvalho.

Ivory Coast are/ were my tip for the last four.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 04, 2009, 06:34:24 PM
What time, our time, will these games be taking place?

I'm thinking if england get a bit of a run I might have a handy time at work,  and if they get a run it'll be even funnier when they're knocked out.

4pm and 8.30pm.
Perfect times for me by the way.  :D
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 04, 2009, 07:12:18 PM

France v England
Holland v Brazil
Argentina v Germany
Italy v Spain

That said you can be sure there will be some upsets before then that will knock one or two of them out.

what a line-up that would be !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 04, 2009, 07:12:18 PM

France v England
Holland v Brazil
Argentina v Germany
Italy v Spain

If that does go to plan I'd fancy a Holland V England and  Argentina v Spain semi finals with a Holland v Spain final
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

I think if England got to the final I would have to watch it while drinking a bottle of vodka, my nerves couldn't hack it sober.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Minder on December 04, 2009, 08:02:10 PM
I think if England got to the final I would have to watch it while drinking a bottle of vodka, my nerves couldn't hack it sober.

It be a bit like Dublin being in the All Ireland football final...well it would be for me anyway
You'll Never Walk Alone.