Fair Play or Cheating in the GAA

Started by furboot, November 20, 2009, 03:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: hardstation on November 21, 2009, 12:34:39 AM
I have admitted on this board that I have cheated in the past. Down like a sack of spuds after a challenge that shouldn't put me down. They were fouls though. I just made sure the ref knew.

You are a  disgrace! But i respect your honesty!!
That was never a square ball!!

longrunsthefox

Yer man Kieran Shannon was on Matt Cooper show yesterday. he does sports psychology. interestingly he says players in team games won't call fouls on themselves (is very very unusual) but more likely in individual games like golf and snooker. Maybe is fear of reaction of the rest of the team

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on November 21, 2009, 12:34:39 AM
I have admitted on this board that I have cheated in the past. Down like a sack of spuds after a challenge that shouldn't put me down. They were fouls though. I just made sure the ref knew.
Have you spent exactly 50% of today on the internet and the rest of the time pulling your bar? Bingobus will be checking stats later.

milltown row

Quote from: rosnarun on November 21, 2009, 12:31:33 AM
Quote from: hardstation on November 20, 2009, 11:59:43 PM
1st one - he cleared the ball as soon as he could. Ref decided it wasn't a goal.
2nd one - he yelps...... :-\
3rd one - he knocked it out for a 70. Ref gave a wide.

Can't see how that's cheating. It's not as if he has conned the ref. Just a ref making a bad decision.
na its cheating coz he says so himself.
hes the only one who knows for sure. says he doesnt care but then come on here looking for our  acquiescence to ease his troubled soul.
henry  only fouled when he handled but when he say his fouling had serious consequence and stayed quiet thats when he cheated like wise milltown knows hes yelping like a baby coz it earns him a free he knows hes cheating.
no point in blaming the ref either if the ref didnt see it he couldn't give it . this is why we aree supplied with a conscience , to differentiate us from the animals . in some people it doesnt work.
these eople are variously known as scum, knackers criminals , evil b**tards , but ultimately as SINNERS

so you'd not be happy when Mayo when a peno in the final when Mortimer goes down (like he does so easily) and they win the All Ireland cause of resulting score?

stop talking shite. serious crap talk after the Ireland game here.....

longrunsthefox

Quote from: milltown row on November 21, 2009, 12:53:56 AM
1st one - he cleared the ball as soon as he could. Ref decided it wasn't a goal.

Can't see how that's cheating. It's not as if he has conned the ref. Just a ref making a bad decision.
hes the only one who knows for sure. says he doesnt care but then come on here looking for our  acquiescence to ease his troubled soul.
henry  only fouled when he handled but when he say his fouling had serious consequence and stayed quiet thats when he cheated like wise milltown knows hes yelping like a baby coz it earns him a free he knows hes cheating.
no point in blaming the ref either if the ref didnt see it he couldn't give it . this is why we aree supplied with a conscience , to differentiate us from the animals . in some people it doesnt work.
these eople are variously known as scum, knackers criminals , evil b**tards , but ultimately as SINNERS

so you'd not be happy when Mayo when a peno in the final when Mortimer goes down (like he does so easily) and they win the All Ireland cause of resulting score?

stop talking shite. serious crap talk after the Ireland game here.....

It seems anyone that thinks different to you is talking shite and gets personally insulted. I can see why cheating probably comes so easy to you.

milltown row

Quote from: hardstation on November 21, 2009, 12:27:39 AM
I was in nets one day (U16) against milltown's club. The same player scored 2 goals against me. The first went through a hole in the roof of the net. They were awarded with a point. The second went in but flew under the side netting. Was given as a wide. We won by 2. For the first time, I am openly admitting that they were goals. Da McGourty went mad and got rid of the St.Gall's umpire.

Player: Bap.
i tied the nets up that day!!! you should have come clean. cause the Johnnies Umpire (Gough) is the best at 'playing the game'

fox when did i say i cheated??  save me the crap about your honesty its boring Zzzzzzzzzz

Ireland are out cause they are shite, not because of Henry

longrunsthefox

Quote from: milltown row on November 21, 2009, 12:59:29 AM
Quote from: hardstation on November 21, 2009, 12:27:39 AM
I was in nets one day (U16) against milltown's club. The same player scored 2 goals against me. The first went through a hole in the roof of the net. They were awarded with a point. The second went in but flew under the side netting. Was given as a wide. We won by 2. For the first time, I am openly admitting that they were goals. Da McGourty went mad and got rid of the St.Gall's umpire.

Player: Bap.
i tied the nets up that day!!! you should have come clean. cause the Johnnies Umpire (Gough) is the best at 'playing the game'

fox when did i say i cheated??  save me the crap about your honesty its boring Zzzzzzzzzz

Ireland are out cause they are shite, not because of Henry

CHEAT! CHEAT! CHEAT! CHEAT! CHEAT! CHEAT! CHEAT! CHEAT! CHEAT!  :-*

milltown row

Sure Ardboe cheated that day we played  them in Cookstown (Ulster club), got one of our men sent off after banging him in the gob and when our player reacted went down like a cheat.

was he a cheat or cute?

longrunsthefox

If that is the way it happened he was a cheat. Of course he was. What the f** is cute about that? I know you'll probably hit me with one of your insults or that is 'shite talk' comments but really is that we want to show kids who are playing Gaelic football?     

longrunsthefox

Quote from: hardstation on November 21, 2009, 01:16:20 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 21, 2009, 01:13:53 AM
If that is the way it happened he was a cheat. Of course he was. What the f** is cute about that? I know you'll probably hit me with one of your insults or that is 'shite talk' comments but really is that we want to show kids who are playing Gaelic football?   
Bollix. If I hit you a slap and you knocked me out, how can you say I cheated?

He said, "When our player reacted he went down like a cheat." I take that he meant he feigned to be hurt.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: hardstation on November 21, 2009, 01:37:44 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 21, 2009, 01:31:23 AM
Quote from: hardstation on November 21, 2009, 01:16:20 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 21, 2009, 01:13:53 AM
Bollix. If I hit you a slap and you knocked me out, how can you say I cheated?

He said, "When our player reacted he went down like a cheat." I take that he meant he feigned to be hurt.
I actually wondered for a second whether you bought that or not. This happened so long ago that the story has obviously been altered manys a time in milltown. Their players wouldn't hit anyone.

I don't really give a f** about the teams involved I was just commenting on the details as he described them. Anyway goodnite... 

Mike Sheehy

these eople are variously known as scum, knackers criminals , evil b**tards , but ultimately as Tymoan bastards

I think there was a typo so I fixed it for you  ;D

Bogball XV

2000 All Ireland Minor Semi-final - Cork beat Derry by a point after the ref failed to realise that a second booking also incurs the penalty of a sending off.  Cork midfielder Kieran Murphy  received a 2nd yellow card with about ten minutes left, he stayed on and played a key role in the winning score.  Under the recently discovered Fifa precedent for a referee making a technical error, this should have resulted in a replay, but this was a GAA game, the GAC suggested to the Cork county board and a Mr. Frank Murphy of Cork that a replay be offered.  Needless to say, Frank declined the suggestion, suggesting instead that the first yellow card has been harsh and that maybe they would appeal that instead ;D.  Cork went on to beat Mayo by 5 points in the final.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 21, 2009, 06:20:30 AM

these eople are variously known as scum, knackers criminals , evil b**tards , but ultimately as Tymoan b**tards

I think there was a typo so I fixed it for you  ;D

Must be a horrible feeling carrying around the awful realisation that your own county who you thought for years were infallible, just cant beat Tyrone! I am beginnning to understand how it may lead to the psychological issues you clearly have! Its a bit like seeing your dad getting beaten up i suppose! You'll always hate the man who did it for the rest of your life! Dont let it ruin your life Mikey!!
That was never a square ball!!

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Bogball XV on November 21, 2009, 10:34:27 AM
2000 All Ireland Minor Semi-final - Cork beat Derry by a point after the ref failed to realise that a second booking also incurs the penalty of a sending off.  Cork midfielder Kieran Murphy  received a 2nd yellow card with about ten minutes left, he stayed on and played a key role in the winning score.  Under the recently discovered Fifa precedent for a referee making a technical error, this should have resulted in a replay, but this was a GAA game, the GAC suggested to the Cork county board and a Mr. Frank Murphy of Cork that a replay be offered.  Needless to say, Frank declined the suggestion, suggesting instead that the first yellow card has been harsh and that maybe they would appeal that instead ;D.  Cork went on to beat Mayo by 5 points in the final.

No sportsmanship there at all... Murphy played a singnificant role in the last ten minutes too unlike Redmond who was on for very little time after getting sent off in 1995 and didn't have any influence on the play.