Fair Play or Cheating in the GAA

Started by furboot, November 20, 2009, 03:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

i onced played in a senior championship match and the ball rolled behind the goal line but i lifted it quickly and cleared my lines, we won by a point in the end. did i give a fook? not at all, hated that team anyway.

as i got older i have found this yelp the odd time i get challenged for the ball. never had it when i was young......

oh i can remember that i knocked the ball over the end line and the referee give a wide ball not a 70' but i was glad.

am i a cheat?  couldn't care less cause if anyone comes on here and says they have not tried it on is a liar

Puckoon

Quote from: milltown row on November 20, 2009, 11:25:20 PM
i onced played in a senior championship match and the ball rolled behind the goal line but i lifted it quickly and cleared my lines, we won by a point in the end. did i give a fook? not at all, hated that team anyway.

as i got older i have found this yelp the odd time i get challenged for the ball. never had it when i was young......

oh i can remember that i knocked the ball over the end line and the referee give a wide ball not a 70' but i was glad.

am i a cheat?  couldn't care less cause if anyone comes on here and says they have not tried it on is a liar

How much have you had? Was it on an empty stomach?

milltown row

i'm off the drink, playing Minders team on Sunday, aint as young as i used to be :o

need my wits about me

longrunsthefox

Yip-you're a cheat whether you could care less or not.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: hardstation on November 20, 2009, 11:50:36 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 20, 2009, 11:48:31 PM

I don't agree.

You're probably rite. I would have done similar. But wat is cheating then? It is like this cuteness is ok but diving is cheating. where do you draw the line?

milltown row

Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 20, 2009, 11:48:31 PM

you must have only started playing sport/games

milltown row

so are we just talking about diving or when two players fall and one holding and both falling and the referee gives it the other way.

yes i yelp. its defo an older thing, im starting to make a noise now when i pick up something on the floor

longrunsthefox

The ethos seems to be try and get away with whatever you can and it is always ref's fault if not caught. Therefore aidan O'Mahony did well to con ref into sending off an opponent, kennelly was rite to take his man out... you are welcome to that mindset.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: rosnarun on November 20, 2009, 09:56:46 PM
the closest to the henry situation was surely the time Kerry hit the back stanchion of the goal and it came back into  play and they scored a vital goal . was it some murphy fella against Tipp late 90's

There was a incident in a Laois v Offaly hurling match in the 80's where Offaly scored a "goal" where the ball actually went in through the side netting..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

milltown row

Foxy, i referee and ya cant get everything. depends how crap a referee is. i'd like to think i get every call.

at the end of the day its the referee who can stop it.

over the years i've played senior hurling and football (reserve) close to 50 games a season for past twenty years i've won calls that i shouldn't have, and as i've said the have put clubs out of championship, it happens now stop getting on like some crusader

BennyHarp

I mind claiming a sideline ball during a juvenile championship match and i knew fine well rightly that it came off me!! We got the sideline kick - but nothing came of it!
That was never a square ball!!

longrunsthefox

Quote from: milltown row on November 21, 2009, 12:19:44 AM
Foxy, i referee and ya cant get everything. depends how crap a referee is. i'd like to think i get every call.

at the end of the day its the referee who can stop it.

over the years i've played senior hurling and football (reserve) close to 50 games a season for past twenty years i've won calls that i shouldn't have, and as i've said the have put clubs out of championship, it happens now stop getting on like some crusader

For starters it is Fox not Foxy... I don't call you Milly  :-* Now, just beacuse it happens don't make it rite. I understand what you are saying and I am just asking where do you draw the line? If that is Milltown, Belfast, God help you refereeing there by the way. Some mouthing at refs down in the city...jees!   

Tony Baloney

The worst example of partisan refereeing was by a Paddy's man in West Belfast (multiple ex county hurling manager). The ref didn't turn up so he said he would do it. Usually a man officiating a match involving his own team will go too far in being seen to be fair.

Well not this boy - Jesus even the Sarsfields players were embarrassed by the decisions he made.

rosnarun

Quote from: hardstation on November 20, 2009, 11:59:43 PM
1st one - he cleared the ball as soon as he could. Ref decided it wasn't a goal.
2nd one - he yelps...... :-\
3rd one - he knocked it out for a 70. Ref gave a wide.

Can't see how that's cheating. It's not as if he has conned the ref. Just a ref making a bad decision.
na its cheating coz he says so himself.
hes the only one who knows for sure. says he doesnt care but then come on here looking for our  acquiescence to ease his troubled soul.
henry  only fouled when he handled but when he say his fouling had serious consequence and stayed quiet thats when he cheated like wise milltown knows hes yelping like a baby coz it earns him a free he knows hes cheating.
no point in blaming the ref either if the ref didnt see it he couldn't give it . this is why we aree supplied with a conscience , to differentiate us from the animals . in some people it doesnt work.
these eople are variously known as scum, knackers criminals , evil bastards , but ultimately as SINNERS
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

longrunsthefox

Quote from: rosnarun on November 21, 2009, 12:31:33 AM
Quote from: hardstation on November 20, 2009, 11:59:43 PM
1st one - he cleared the ball as soon as he could. Ref decided it wasn't a goal.
2nd one - he yelps...... :-\
3rd one - he knocked it out for a 70. Ref gave a wide.

Can't see how that's cheating. It's not as if he has conned the ref. Just a ref making a bad decision.
na its cheating coz he says so himself.
hes the only one who knows for sure. says he doesnt care but then come on here looking for our  acquiescence to ease his troubled soul.
henry  only fouled when he handled but when he say his fouling had serious consequence and stayed quiet thats when he cheated like wise milltown knows hes yelping like a baby coz it earns him a free he knows hes cheating.
no point in blaming the ref either if the ref didnt see it he couldn't give it . this is why we aree supplied with a conscience , to differentiate us from the animals . in some people it doesnt work.
these eople are variously known as scum, knackers criminals , evil b**tards , but ultimately as SINNERS

I like that Rosarun. It is a very unpopular view but I have to say I agree. You will be called a crusader for this one but i think you are rite on. .