FAI...New Manager is Heimir Hallgrimsson

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher


seafoid


weareros

Quote from: seafoid on September 15, 2026, 10:38:02 AM
Quote from: An Watcher on September 15, 2026, 10:33:55 AMHope he enjoys playing at Windsor Park
And GSTK
Wherebis he from?

Kilrea, Derry, nephew of Paddy Bradley, spells name with a fada. I am still hopeful he'll report an injury and buy himself more time. Michael O'Neill is a bit of a bollocks to be capping players so young to tie then to IFA.

Armagh18

Quote from: weareros on September 15, 2026, 10:44:38 AM
Quote from: seafoid on September 15, 2026, 10:38:02 AM
Quote from: An Watcher on September 15, 2026, 10:33:55 AMHope he enjoys playing at Windsor Park
And GSTK
Wherebis he from?

Kilrea, Derry, nephew of Paddy Bradley, spells name with a fada. I am still hopeful he'll report an injury and buy himself more time. Michael O'Neill is a bit of a bollocks to be capping players so young to tie then to IFA.
Don't blame O'Neill, pity we didn't do the same with those 2 pricks Rice and Grealish. If the young lad had any sense he wouldn't play for them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on September 15, 2026, 10:48:59 AM
Quote from: weareros on September 15, 2026, 10:44:38 AM
Quote from: seafoid on September 15, 2026, 10:38:02 AM
Quote from: An Watcher on September 15, 2026, 10:33:55 AMHope he enjoys playing at Windsor Park
And GSTK
Wherebis he from?

Kilrea, Derry, nephew of Paddy Bradley, spells name with a fada. I am still hopeful he'll report an injury and buy himself more time. Michael O'Neill is a bit of a bollocks to be capping players so young to tie then to IFA.
Don't blame O'Neill, pity we didn't do the same with those 2 pricks Rice and Grealish. If the young lad had any sense he wouldn't play for them.

Two poor teams.. can he op for another?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought.

weareros

Shitty enough comments by Michael O'Neill that Céadach O'Neill doesn't have a bloodline to represent Ireland (Republic team). I'd say he won't be voting for a United Ireland when the day comes.

Milltown Row2

Michael O'Niell is the manager of N.I played for them also, his paymasters are the IFA, I'm not sure what he's supposed to say?

If you trained a lad up in your business, spent thousands on them, crafted their skill and he joined your competitors up the road you'd be grand?

Will all the catholic NI players past and present be voting for staying in the union?

I suppose the Liverpool lad has GSTK tattooed on his back

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought.

weareros

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 15, 2026, 09:19:32 PMMichael O'Niell is the manager of N.I played for them also, his paymasters are the IFA, I'm not sure what he's supposed to say?

If you trained a lad up in your business, spent thousands on them, crafted their skill and he joined your competitors up the road you'd be grand?

Will all the catholic NI players past and present be voting for staying in the union?

I suppose the Liverpool lad has GSTK tattooed on his back



I hear you but saying the FAI has an unfair advantage when UK get four teams (for legacy reasons). If there was one UK team lots of those players would be glad to get the chance to represent Ireland. A lot of those lads were already good athletes (GAA helps make good footballers too) before they spent a couple months at an academy program. But its more the lack of sensitivity to identity in a region where partition was unfair on nationalist community. But lookit i'm sure the FAI made a pig's ear of selling him and probably told him if he switched he'd be in with a half decent chance of making the U-19s but not to get too big for his boots, the standard was far higher in south.

Red10

#12368
I'm sure himself and his family will feel right at home standing to GSTK, the Union Jacks and anti Gaa posters. Just don't know how anyone who calls themselves Irish does it.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Red10 on September 15, 2026, 09:46:35 PMI'm sure himself and his family will feel right at home standing to GSTK, the Union Jacks and anti Gaa posters. Just don't know how anyone who calls themselves Irish does it.
Because he is far more likely to get 50 caps for the north than Ireland

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: weareros on September 15, 2026, 08:52:55 PMShitty enough comments by Michael O'Neill that Céadach O'Neill doesn't have a bloodline to represent Ireland (Republic team). I'd say he won't be voting for a United Ireland when the day comes.
Buzzard stuff. I get he has to toe a party line, but that was a strange thing to say from a normally very guarded man.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 16, 2026, 10:24:26 AM
Quote from: weareros on September 15, 2026, 08:52:55 PMShitty enough comments by Michael O'Neill that Céadach O'Neill doesn't have a bloodline to represent Ireland (Republic team). I'd say he won't be voting for a United Ireland when the day comes.
Buzzard stuff. I get he has to toe a party line, but that was a strange thing to say from a normally very guarded man.

He had made his point - the bloodline comment was a shitty thing to say and showed exactly what his thoughts are. No one had a gun to his head making him say it.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on September 16, 2026, 10:37:09 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 16, 2026, 10:24:26 AM
Quote from: weareros on September 15, 2026, 08:52:55 PMShitty enough comments by Michael O'Neill that Céadach O'Neill doesn't have a bloodline to represent Ireland (Republic team). I'd say he won't be voting for a United Ireland when the day comes.
Buzzard stuff. I get he has to toe a party line, but that was a strange thing to say from a normally very guarded man.

He had made his point - the bloodline comment was a shitty thing to say and showed exactly what his thoughts are. No one had a gun to his head making him say it.
Exactly. He knew Exactly what dogwhistle he was blowing

tc_manchester

You would wonder if it's some reverse psychology from Michael O'Neill. Given his job he has to make a play to keep him playing for the North but by using the bloodline statement he knows that it will get the lad and his family really annoyed and will push him to the Republic

Baile Brigín 2

No. He is ruthless. That is de fenianising himself to the base element of his fanbase