Best & Worst sports commentators

Started by Clown, November 17, 2009, 11:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 17, 2009, 10:36:57 PM
Quote from: stew on November 17, 2009, 10:33:43 PM
The worst commentator of all time, and I mean all time has to be that tube Tommy Smith who does CL matches, he is so dire he does not even qualify to be dire he is that bad.

Harry carrey was always full when commentating and was great craic altogether and the best commentator I have ever heard in any sport is the announcer for the Milwaukee Brewers, he is a master storyteller and is hilarious , his name is Bob Uecker. Legend.

That's the guy in Major League the baseball comedy, isn't it stew?

Correcto AZ, I had forgotten about that. He is an amazing character.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Puckoon

Jesus stew Id forgotten about tommy smith!

stew

Quote from: Puckoon on November 18, 2009, 05:35:01 PM
Jesus stew Id forgotten about tommy smith!

I dont know how anybody could forget the boul tommy, I would like to believe me. He uses words during CL matches that I get but anyone that wasnt Irish would never get, at one point last year he said and I quote, " he hit him an awful dunder lookit" I nearly burst me arse laughing but he is an embarassment because he is nearly always wrong in his observations and is clearly out of his depth.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Puckoon

"And Thierry Henry has just bulged the auld onion bag"

Gabriel_Hurl

The boul' Tommy  :D :D - listening to him blether on about GAA results during CL games

Gabriel_Hurl

Have any of you ever heard that Geordie fella Ray Hudson who does football out here on GOL TV - he's a legend!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS6Np-g_h5w

JUst retired

Did you hear that cnut Hamilton last night talking about Nic Ol As An El ka. impressing with his knowledge of french,I presume. Just say it as it is ffs. ::)

sammymaguire

Quote from: JUst retired on November 19, 2009, 09:08:43 AM
Did you hear that cnut Hamilton last night talking about Nic Ol As An El ka. impressing with his knowledge of french,I presume. Just say it as it is ffs. ::)

I think he didn't know whether he wanted to say Nicola or Nicolas... toss pot
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Canalman

The best by far John Motson. Like Martin Carney also for his enthusiasm and his obvious love of the game. Dara Moloney very good also.

The worst Ger Canning.

rolloutking

The boy that does the Rugby on RTE f**king makes me cringe. They way he growls out every sentance. He sounds like the man from them american action film trailers.

The best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POHuXU01bOs

Eddie Moroney

5 Sams

Ger Canning excelled himself today commentating on the AISF between Cork and Kilkenny.

Ben O'Connor took a score...he then went on to describe a great point by "Ben O'Sullivan" and then managed to mention his brother "Jerry O'Sullivan".

Jesus wept...how does he keep his job???
The Aristocrat Years

spuds

have this said earlier on hurling side
ger canning towards end of game today "heres michael cussen the 6ft 7in dinasaur"

and they repeated it on the sunday game
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

omagh_gael

Quote from: spuds on August 08, 2010, 10:58:00 PM
have this said earlier on hurling side
ger canning towards end of game today "heres michael cussen the 6ft 7in dinasaur"

and they repeated it on the sunday game

Noticed that myself. Although had a wee chuckle when the co-commentator quipped that yon Murphy fella for Cork must have forgot to pay Jackie Tryell his rent money after getting a hard hit (mentioned earlier that they used to be flat mates).

5 Sams

Couldn't find a home for this....but I see ITV have given Adrian Chiles the boot and have refused to say why???
The Aristocrat Years

Boycey

Quote from: 5 Sams on January 23, 2015, 12:33:44 PM
Couldn't find a home for this....but I see ITV have given Adrian Chiles the boot and have refused to say why???

Possibly for crimes against football punditry... Funnily I quite enjoyed him when he introduced MOTD2 back in the day on BBC2 but he was truly awful on ITV. You could see Keano glowering at him every now and again  ;D