iPod & iTunes help

Started by Over the Bar, January 31, 2007, 11:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ildanach on August 11, 2008, 12:49:25 PM
got a new lap top and i want to transfer itunes library onto it from old laptop. anyone know how i can do this? Thanks

Use this program here..Its called idump and it will allow you to transfer all the contents of your ipod onto your new laptop
http://www.ipod2computer.com/index.php?SRC=6&gclid=CMSX0pv-hZUCFQpatAodHHAuXg
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ildanach

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 11, 2008, 03:23:03 PM
got a new lap top and i want to transfer itunes library onto it from old laptop. anyone know how i can do this? Thanks

Use this program here..Its called idump and it will allow you to transfer all the contents of your ipod onto your new laptop

thanks for that. Do i need to download i tunes first on the new lap top or will it upload the program from my ipod and do i need to transfer the "my music" file also??
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ildanach on August 11, 2008, 03:43:03 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 11, 2008, 03:23:03 PM

thanks for that. Do i need to download i tunes first on the new lap top or will it upload the program from my ipod and do i need to transfer the "my music" file also??

I may be wrong but i think you have to download a new version of itunes,Then transfer all your songs onto your laptop using idump
Then you have to wipe your ipod clean as i don't think you can have one ipod connected to two laptops..Now i could be wrong on that..
Then all you do is transfer all the songs from the idump folder onto your new itunes and then sync it with your ipod
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ildanach

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 11, 2008, 03:52:17 PM
I may be wrong but i think you have to download a new version of itunes,Then transfer all your songs onto your laptop using idump
Then you have to wipe your ipod clean as i don't think you can have one ipod connected to two laptops..Now i could be wrong on that..
Then all you do is transfer all the songs from the idump folder onto your new itunes and then sync it with your ipod

thanks, i will give it a go this evening!
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Main Street

Lads go easy with all the instructions.

Shouldn't you  be able to sync the iPod to 3 computers?

He wants to transfer the contents of his iTunes library from one computer to the other.

Transferring the iPod library is another matter altogether.

Firstly the ITunes library may well contain much more than what is on the iPod
And when I want to transfer the iTunes library from one computer to another I want to be able to use all the playlists and smart playlists that I have made.
All that info is contained within a file in your iTunes Library

If my earlier procedure is followed  (if you have purchased music you just click on a song and than authorize the new computer to play)
To get playlists into the new iTunes
You go to  File,
Add File to Library
Then Browse for the renamed  ITunes folder again
Select the file that says Itunes music library or Itunes library,
This is a XML file,
Add this file to your Itunes and it will import all of your playlists that were in your old library.
They will show up as playlists in your iTunes  library

This is a solid way to transfer one iTunes library from one computer to another and have the ITunes looking exactly the same as it did.

downgirl

Help...noticed today after sitting out on the sunlounger for a good few hours there looks like there are cracks in the front casing of my iPod??  Is this because of the heat??  Anyone else had this problem and can it be fixed??  The iPod itself is working fine its more of an aesthetic thing!

Main Street

That doesn't make sense, I heard there was a deluge in Down today.

Our Nail Loney

Right, I had my ipod synced to my computer and had my itunes with all my music on it bla bla bla

Anyway the computer was infested with viruses, trojan horses etc and had to get fixed. The fella fixing the computer said it would be better if it was just wiped so they did that. I wasn't consulted at all! Was my da getting it fixed.

So now we basically have a new computer with nothing on it, I have lost my iTunes and all ym music I had saved. Don't have my ipod at the min, have lent it to someone but what happens when I get ir back?

Will I just download iTunes again? If I put the iPod in will it think I am trying to put it to a new computer?? Can I not add or take off any more music to my ipod?? This is the main worry for me as I would normally download a few extra tunes a week and then add them, will I be able to? Also I used to get a few podcasts, will I be able to sync those to my ipod or is it just fucked and will have to stay the way it si now forever!

Main Street, HELP!

Main Street

You shoulda got religion ;D

The fella  "fixin" the computer could and should have copied all your music from the iTunes Library to an external storage disk as well as any other documents.
Only a woman has the privilege to decide things without consultation.

You have to downl iTunes again
I can't remember now exactly what will happen when you connect your iPod to a new set up.
You should be able to the sync the one iPod fully  to 3 diff computers.

At least the iPod should show in iTunes and you should be able to play from the iPods library.
You might be able to copy from the iPod to the iTunes Library - as in being synced.

If not, then just use one of those 3rd party software mentioned earlier that will allow you to do it.

Then sync the iPod to the new set up.

Our Nail Loney

Right cheers, na it was my f**king da who told the fella to wipe it! Don't worry I cracked up at him!

So I should be ok, I don't give s hti about losing the music on my itunes because it is all on my ipod anyway

Its just fro things like adding new songs/podcasts to my ipod, even videos...

downgirl

Quote from: Main Street on August 17, 2008, 08:04:40 PM
That doesn't make sense, I heard there was a deluge in Down today.

I was in Spain!! Only back there now.  Very depressing altogether!

The Real Laoislad

Are you allowed to use a ipod on a Airplane?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

downgirl

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 01, 2008, 06:08:16 PM
Are you allowed to use a ipod on a Airplane?

Yes but just not during take off or landing.

downgirl

Help help help...was downloading an update from itunes, once it finished tried to open itunes and it wont let me, it's saying there are one or more components missing, and I have to reinstall it.  Does this mean I have to delete the one I have from the hard drive and reinstall a new one; if so have I lost all my music or is there a way I can get it from the ipod to the laptop again???  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Off The Fence

I've a couple of boxsets I would love to put on the Ipod and watch in my own time.

Is there any Ipod which could hold a number of dvds or what do i need to do to put them on it?