iPod & iTunes help

Started by Over the Bar, January 31, 2007, 11:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

I;ve uploaded all the music on my PC to the iTunes library ready to transfer it to my Ipod.  Many of the tunes and albums are duplicated tho so how do I remove the duplicates?

Homer

Click the Edit menu in the top toolbar and go to Show Duplicate Songs, this will bring up a list of all songs in the library with the same name (songs spelt wrong will not be matched). (As far as I know) You have to manually delete the duplicates.

Homer

Quote from: Homer on February 01, 2007, 12:25:09 AM
Click the Edit menu in the top toolbar and go to Show Duplicate Songs, this will bring up a list of all songs in the library with the same name (songs spelt wrong will not be matched). (As far as I know) You have to manually delete the duplicates.

Actually a handy way of doing this (provided you have none of these rated), is to go down My Rating column of the list and rate every second one (i.e. all grey or all white rows). When you reach the end just click the My Rating label to order the list by ratings (and thus seperating them) then click the first rated track to select it and hold Shift and click the last rated track to select all of the tracks you rated (or all duplicates) right click the selestion and select Clear.

Over the Bar

cheers will give it a go.  I have about 3,000 duplicates tho so might take a while.  cheers anyway

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Over the Bar

How long did it take you to put all your CDs on iTunes - if you have 3,00 duplicates, you must have some number of CDs?
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Over the Bar

I bought a 300gb hard drive and have my whole music collection on there and then iTunes just does a search for what's there and imports it.  I've put about 300-400 cds on but also buy my music 40 albums at a time on 1 dvd then transfer it across.

ludermor

Another i tunes question,
i copied music from afriends computer but when i put them on my computer they want play, it say they are protected. is there anyway around this?

Over the Bar

Yes there is.  I think an earlier thread touched on this but if not you will get it in google groups as I deffo read it there.

The Real Laoislad

Im thinking of getting a Ipod,so just a few quick questions

Where can you get the device and whats it called that tunes into your car stereo so i can play the Ipod thru the  car speakers?
If i download music off bearshare/limewire can i put this onto the Ipod?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Over the Bar

Quote[Where can you get the device and whats it called that tunes into your car stereo so i can play the Ipod thru the  car speakers?
If i download music off bearshare/limewire can i put this onto the Ipod?/quote]

Yes you can upload mp3 thats you DL from limewire, however the odd one will fail depending on the quality of the original source.

There are a few iTrips about as they are known.  I;d advise against the Griffin iTrip whch is about £15-£20 as I got one and you could hear the FM 'hiss' quite a bit.  Then I got the Monster one which is about £30-£40 and its excellent sound quality.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

PadraicHenryPearse

i bought ipod off ebay and it going great 9 months later, it was bought as-new. got ipod speakers off ebay also, nice and cheap.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 01, 2007, 06:48:52 PM
i bought ipod off ebay and it going great 9 months later, it was bought as-new. got ipod speakers off ebay also, nice and cheap.
I meant the itrips as over the bar called them.But actually i never thought of ebay,much cheaper?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

PadraicHenryPearse

got fold up speakers for 99c + $5 p&P, work a treat, ipod was €99 all in.

balladmaker

What do you think is the best iPOD solution for the car.  I got one of those Griffin FM transmitters, which works ok, although it is only really an average enough FM quality. 

Has anyone used any integrated set up which actually connects to the car stereo?