iPod & iTunes help

Started by Over the Bar, January 31, 2007, 11:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

What speakers or systems do you all use??

I am looking a good station thingy for my room hopefully with radio integrated, thinking about getting rid of my hifi and my cds as they take a lot of room and they are all on my ipod anyway!!

Main Street

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on November 06, 2008, 12:33:39 AM
- I assume there is nothing on the computer I can mess with when I am charging / synchronising?
In iTune prefs  there is an adjustable setting for "sound enhancer".
I never tried it

But there is a possibility
In the iTunes library you can select songs, individ or select a group of songs.
Right click  for
<get info>
<options>
and you can adjust the  volume.
I do not know if those settings are transferred to the iPod when you sync.

The iPod earplugs are very basic.
KM´s earbud is good idea. You can spend a more than the iPod cost on v.good ones.
I use the Sennheiser 100´s with a sound suppressor which is kept a distance away from the ear.
It would easily suppress an airplane engine drone.

Minder

Can i transfer my itunes library from one account to another on my computer.The account i have my I Tunes library in is really slow and sluggish so i have opened another account on my PC. I was about to try it there and it asked me did i want to "Erase and Sync" with the new I Tunes i have just downloaded, which obviously is blank.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

You can - your itunes doesn't have to be in sync with your ipod so you can leave your ipod as is and add all other songs "manually" - i.e. drag and drop.

Why would one account be slow and another not be though?? Run something like ccleaner or the like. I'm not sure I know a logical reason why one account would be slower than another. Get rid of all files hanging round specific to the user - that's all I could think of...

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Main Street on November 09, 2008, 08:19:00 PM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on November 06, 2008, 12:33:39 AM
- I assume there is nothing on the computer I can mess with when I am charging / synchronising?
In iTune prefs  there is an adjustable setting for "sound enhancer".
I never tried it

But there is a possibility
In the iTunes library you can select songs, individ or select a group of songs.
Right click  for
<get info>
<options>
and you can adjust the  volume.
I do not know if those settings are transferred to the iPod when you sync.

The iPod earplugs are very basic.
KM´s earbud is good idea. You can spend a more than the iPod cost on v.good ones.
I use the Sennheiser 100´s with a sound suppressor which is kept a distance away from the ear.
It would easily suppress an airplane engine drone.

Sorry MS - hadn't checked in here in a while and only seeing this now - cheers - I'll give that a go! 

Minder

I use Ares to download music, in the top left hand corner it continually says "connecting" therefore i cant download anything. My internet connection is working fine. Any ideas?

Main Street

How about "server not responding".

Minder

i removed Ares and reinstalled it,seems to have resolved it. Thanks anyway Main Street.

Tony Baloney

Minder you'd be better sticking to a walkman and cassettes.

downgirl

What is the best car adaptor to get for the ipod?  Belkin?  Griffin? Can you get any that can be powered by batteries because I need the cigarette lighter for the sat nav!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: downgirl on December 26, 2008, 03:38:33 PM
What is the best car adaptor to get for the ipod?  Belkin?  Griffin? Can you get any that can be powered by batteries because I need the cigarette lighter for the sat nav!

Do ya have a tape deck downgirl?

I have a tape thing with a wire that I put into the tape deck of the car then the wire goes into the ipod and ya can play the mp3 player / ipod in the car that way?

Doesn't charge the mp3 player though if that's what you're looking for.

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Tony Baloney

Pull the sat nav out and only use it when you need to. People got between a and b pretty well before halfords started convincing people they couldn't live without sat nav.

pintsofguinness

My niece got an Ipod and I've been trying to get Windows Media Player to put the songs on to it (I've always used wmp with my mp3 player) and wmp isn't picking up that the ipod is connected.  What's the story do you need Itunes to put music on to the ipod or what?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tyrones own

Yes I believe you do Pints... i have to run everything through Itunes anyway.
Is there a reason you don't want to install it?
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tyrones own on December 26, 2008, 05:55:15 PM
Yes I believe you do Pints... i have to run everything through Itunes anyway.
Is there a reason you don't want to install it?
They dont have the internet and I dont have broadband here so it'll be a bit of a pain.
Cant believe you cant put music on it through wmp!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?