iPod & iTunes help

Started by Over the Bar, January 31, 2007, 11:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

Laois lad you can get the Monster iTrip on Ebay for about £20 or less.

The Real Laoislad

Right going up to Liffey Valley to get me an Ipod
Whats the best? I was going to get the 40gb one it'd 280euro
Can you download full length movies onto the Ipod?
And this is probably a really silly question but is there a random play function on the Ipod?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

lfdown2

lads and lassies, recently purchased a few films off itunes, i know ye cant do that at home yet but ye can purchase tv shows afaik, if anyone has done this a wee bit of advice would be greatly appreciated; when i play it in itunes on the laptop it plays in a reduced size box though when you maximise it it jumps anyone bought any films/tv shows had the same problem?

The Real Laoislad

Bought myself an iPod.Right i have no problem getting music or pictures onto it but i can't put some movies on it
Any ideas?
When i go to file then import and then pick the file i want sometimes nothing happens
What type of movie file does the iPod play? I've been trying to put mpeg files on it
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Shamrock Shore

Laoislad

You need to convert the files to .mp4 format.

Download this super bit of software at www.videora.com which will compress and convert the .avi or mpeg files.

Also handy for uploading to youtube as it plays .mp4s and they reduce the size of the video files considerably.

The Real Laoislad

some of the movie files that do make it onto the ipod won't play sound? any ideas
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Anyone know of good software for storing dvds on your ipod? Free software would be good ;D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

dublinfella

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 10, 2007, 04:18:07 PM
Anyone know of good software for storing dvds on your ipod? Free software would be good ;D

3gp convertor. converts anything to mp4 and even puts it in ituned for you

SuperSub

Can anyone explain to me in lay man terms how to put a dvd onto my ipod?
also what software do i use and is there any free downloads of this software?
Thanks

The Real Laoislad

Have been searching the internet myself for same software and only thing i could find of any use was this

http://www.intervideo.com/iVideoToGo/iVideoToGo_Download.jsp

its a 14 day free full trial of their software so in fairness two weeks is plenty of time to get a good few dvds onto your ipod
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Anyone subscribed to any good podcasts that are worth watching out for?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

redboots

I plugged my Ipod into a mates Itunes on their PC and got all there music sent to my ipod, does anyone know how I can get it from my Ipod onto Itunes on my own PC.
Red Boots

Kerry Mike

RedBoots: I recently upgraded my PC and had to do a ipod transfer without reloading all the music.

It was fairly straight forward, I found a good link in google on how to do it, I might have a copy of it in my favourites at home and will stick it up tonight if I find it.

In the meantime be careful not to sync your iPod with your PC as it might wipe the music copied from the other PC!!

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

SlimShady

jaysus christ, now thats a post i never thought i'd read. the oul fashioned aran jumper wearing Kerry Mike talking of iPods.

its a bit like a Granda talking about them oul Mobile Telephones!

Kerry Mike

The World is changing fast, Rugby and Soccer in Croke Park and KM on an iPod. Whatever next....

The iPod is fine but its costing me a f**king fortune in hamsters on the auld dynamo wheel to power the f**ker.

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football