Xbox 360 or PS3?

Started by under the bar, October 23, 2009, 09:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Sigersonbhoy on October 24, 2009, 10:36:21 PM
Quote from: fingerbob on October 24, 2009, 05:02:51 PM
Would agree with the controller issue. Xbox one is way better, much more ergonomical and the placement of analog sticks make shooting and action games alot better, the triggers are also alot better. If your just in it to play games, I'd say go for the xbox as it has better exclusive games.
[/quot

Can any of u recommend best way to watch movies online through your xbox. I have an xbox 360 with wireless Internet but have only used it for online gaming. Have heard about people being able to watch movies online and thought would be handy if could do it through my xbox. I have already searched on google but mainly throws up sites looking me to pay to download software.

I download to an external harddrive through computer and plug it in to the xbox and watch.
I dont think you can download to the xbox illegally???
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Minder

Got Tiger Woods 10 today for PS3. Is pretty tough. Oh and the missus bought me a 26" LCD tv for the bedroom today so I can take the PS3 up there now. Most action our bedroom has seen in a longtime  :P
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 25, 2009, 12:05:49 AM
Quote from: Sigersonbhoy on October 24, 2009, 10:36:21 PM
Quote from: fingerbob on October 24, 2009, 05:02:51 PM
Would agree with the controller issue. Xbox one is way better, much more ergonomical and the placement of analog sticks make shooting and action games alot better, the triggers are also alot better. If your just in it to play games, I'd say go for the xbox as it has better exclusive games.

Can any of u recommend best way to watch movies online through your xbox. I have an xbox 360 with wireless Internet but have only used it for online gaming. Have heard about people being able to watch movies online and thought would be handy if could do it through my xbox. I have already searched on google but mainly throws up sites looking me to pay to download software.

I download to an external harddrive through computer and plug it in to the xbox and watch.
I dont think you can download to the xbox illegally???

Am I talking to myself?

Quote from: Gnevin on October 23, 2009, 10:59:04 PM
Quote from: Shortso79 on October 23, 2009, 10:33:08 PM
Has anyone more information about downloading movies or music thru the PS3 ?

Or any other cool applications

Cheers
http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/
or
http://tversity.com/
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

pintsofguinness

Those links are for the ps3 gnevin?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Minder on October 25, 2009, 12:09:22 AM
Got Tiger Woods 10 today for PS3. Is pretty tough. Oh and the missus bought me a 26" LCD tv for the bedroom today so I can take the PS3 up there now. Most action our bedroom has seen in a longtime  :P

She clearly wants you out of her way  :P

Minder

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 25, 2009, 12:45:45 AM
Quote from: Minder on October 25, 2009, 12:09:22 AM

She clearly wants you out of her way  :P

I can live with that, i hadnt played the PS3 in about 9 months so told her she either bought me a game (she bought me the PS3 for my 30th last year) for it or it was going on ebay.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 25, 2009, 12:44:59 AM
Those links are for the ps3 gnevin?

One is ps3 only but TVersity  isn't
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

pintsofguinness

After playing Forza 3 with the microsoft steering wheel - it has to be the xbox all the way!!

mc_grens

Coming soon, or here all ready (not quite sure, haven't been on x-box live in a couple days) it'll be possible to legitmately stream sky player through x-box live.

One more notch up for the x-box 360. BTW I totally agree with what's been said here already, PS3 is better for casuals, but if you're a proper gamer X-box is your man.

deiseach

The only reason I bought the 360 over the PS3 was Mass Effect. I'm sure there are some games on the PS3 that are indispensable to PS3 owners and that would be the main reason for owning one system over another.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: deiseach on October 27, 2009, 07:13:59 PM
The only reason I bought the 360 over the PS3 was Mass Effect. I'm sure there are some games on the PS3 that are indispensable to PS3 owners and that would be the main reason for owning one system over another.
Jeeze deiseach I wouldnt have had you down as a mass effect type of man. 

mc_grens

Mass Effect was amazing, lookin forward to the sequal!

Archie Mitchell

What's the point in having sky player on the xbox if you don't have a sky subscription?

The Real Laoislad

Archie the one thing that annoyed me about the PES 2010 demo was the loud sound when kicking the ball is this in the full version?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 27, 2009, 07:59:52 PM
Archie the one thing that annoyed me about the PES 2010 demo was the loud sound when kicking the ball is this in the full version?
[/quote
You can normally turn that sound down in the options