Xbox 360 or PS3?

Started by under the bar, October 23, 2009, 09:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delboy

Quote from: lurganblue on October 23, 2009, 05:16:33 PM
Ah GBB I forgot about the noise of the xbox. f**k it would wake the dead!! Is there a need for all that?

The chips in the xbox generate a lot of heat, you need a lot of air blowing over them to stop them going bang. Until this use a next generation chip with less heat emmision the noisy xbox is here to stay.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 23, 2009, 04:43:48 PM
PS3 all the way..
I use it alot for playing the TV Shows/Films etc I download from the net dunno if you can do this on the XBOX?
Yes you can and I find the xbox easier to navigate .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: delboy on October 23, 2009, 05:55:05 PM
Ah GBB I forgot about the noise of the xbox. f**k it would wake the dead!! Is there a need for all that?

The chips in the xbox generate a lot of heat, you need a lot of air blowing over them to stop them going bang. Until this use a next generation chip with less heat emmision the noisy xbox is here to stay.
If you install the game on the xbox, like I do with all of mine, it doesnt make a sound.  Even if they're not installed I never found the noise as bad as people complain about though some games are worse than others.

I was a big ps2 fan and was after an ps3 for ages but when I decided to buy I went with the xbox and have no regrets.  Fantastic machine imo.  The biggest advantage I feel is the controller! Xbox one much better.  There are quite a few excellent exclusive games for the xbox too. 
You have to pay to go online with the xbox but it is only about £40 a year or something and I hear from people who have both that the Xbox online is a lot better.  I've never really got in to the online gaming myself though. 

You can watch downloads through the xbox on the tv too. 

Only difference I see in the ps3 and xbox is the blu ray, just depends how much you want a blu ray player.

Personally if I had to choose again I'd still go with the Xbox. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

AbbeySider

Im thinking of getting a PS3 just to finish the Metal Gear Solid series
(I havent played Rising or the one after Sons of Liberty yet)

God I miss playing Metal Gear...

Archie Mitchell

PS3 all the way. Xbox 360 is for retards.

Shortso79

Has anyone more information about downloading movies or music thru the PS3 ?

Or any other cool applications

Cheers

Gnevin

Quote from: Shortso79 on October 23, 2009, 10:33:08 PM
Has anyone more information about downloading movies or music thru the PS3 ?

Or any other cool applications

Cheers
http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/
or
http://tversity.com/
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

thebigfella

Really the only advantage I can see for the PS3 is the Bluray but again this is what Sony PR department would want you to believe ;)

It's really not anywhere near as good as a dedicated bluray player and also it's region locked, which for me is a pain in the arse. I buy lots of region 1 dvd's and bluray's as they have lots of special editions and extra features over region 2.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: thebigfella on October 23, 2009, 11:21:56 PM
Really the only advantage I can see for the PS3 is the Bluray but again this is what Sony PR department would want you to believe ;)

It's really not anywhere near as good as a dedicated bluray player and also it's region locked, which for me is a pain in the arse. I buy lots of region 1 dvd's and bluray's as they have lots of special editions and extra features over region 2.

Most blu-rays are not locked. Only one or two studios (Fox being one) have region locked blu-rays.

The PS3 blu-ray player is actually very good and is still recommended as a player a couple of years after its release.

Gnevin

I've seen a few people playing games/blurays on the PS3 and they take an age to load . Is common ?

Carmen Stateside

I have had both systems, ended up sticking with the 360, apart from blu ray PS3 very boring system and indeed alot slower loading etc.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 23, 2009, 07:40:47 PM

If you install the game on the xbox, like I do with all of mine, it doesnt make a sound.  Even if they're not installed I never found the noise as bad as people complain about though some games are worse than others.

I was a big ps2 fan and was after an ps3 for ages but when I decided to buy I went with the xbox and have no regrets.  Fantastic machine imo.  The biggest advantage I feel is the controller! Xbox one much better.  There are quite a few excellent exclusive games for the xbox too. 
You have to pay to go online with the xbox but it is only about £40 a year or something and I hear from people who have both that the Xbox online is a lot better.  I've never really got in to the online gaming myself though. 

Only difference I see in the ps3 and xbox is the blu ray, just depends how much you want a blu ray player.

I think the xbox contoller is a bastard to use to be honest,can't the the hang of the buttons or analog sticks at all on it.
PS3 controller much more user friendly imho
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 24, 2009, 04:06:24 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 23, 2009, 07:40:47 PM

I think the xbox contoller is a b**tard to use to be honest,can't the the hang of the buttons or analog sticks at all on it.
PS3 controller much more user friendly imho
Should give it time.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

fingerbob

Would agree with the controller issue. Xbox one is way better, much more ergonomical and the placement of analog sticks make shooting and action games alot better, the triggers are also alot better. If your just in it to play games, I'd say go for the xbox as it has better exclusive games.

Sigersonbhoy

Quote from: fingerbob on October 24, 2009, 05:02:51 PM
Would agree with the controller issue. Xbox one is way better, much more ergonomical and the placement of analog sticks make shooting and action games alot better, the triggers are also alot better. If your just in it to play games, I'd say go for the xbox as it has better exclusive games.
[/quot

Can any of u recommend best way to watch movies online through your xbox. I have an xbox 360 with wireless Internet but have only used it for online gaming. Have heard about people being able to watch movies online and thought would be handy if could do it through my xbox. I have already searched on google but mainly throws up sites looking me to pay to download software.