UC 2010: Aontroim vs Tír Eoghain 23rd May, Páirc Mhic Asmaint

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, October 22, 2009, 10:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Quote. Not only did Tyrone score a point from what should have been a hop ball and was given as an advantage, Tyrone got 4 of the softest frees I've ever seen in my life at the end of the game. Moreover, whilst I think Tyrone's reputation for diving is way overstated, Colm Cavanagh was at it today almost everytime he was touched. To act as if McEnaney was good for Antrim today is a disgrace, he was by far favouring Tyrone and every decision went their way. Even at that, there only looked like one team winning. 

watch the bit where Cunningham falls down surrounded by players tackling him cleanly and gets a soft one in front of the posts. Watch how Antrim get a free for a Tyrone free being too short, despite this happening all game by both sides.

I agree the few frees at the end may have been soft but pat had guvn Antrim everything up to that point.

Zapatista

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on May 24, 2010, 12:51:53 AM
A good win, in the circumstances. A massive step-up in application and performance levels from the Dublin debacle of a League capitulation.

No patronising comments on how Antrim could have and should have et cetera, though no team will fancy them in the Qualifiers.

A curate's egg of a performance (again) from Mc Enaney, though he's most definitely afflicted with the current in vogue HQ-inspired infection of blowing up for no discernible or consistent reason, other than to secure a positive tick on his assessor's tick-sheet. An attractive sporting spectacle it doth not make.

Good job the Mc Gourtys didn't start.

Not to take away from them but I think the late start might have been a benefit to them.

I thought Tyrone had a great game yesterday. They won the game in the first half and it was up to Baker to try to counter that. Fair play to him, he did make the right changes. I think Harte had enough faith in the boys he brought on to see the job through (handing out a few debuts in the meantime) and he prob had to replace a few due to the conditions on the day. One or two individual performances could be questioned but all in all the team performed well.

There was some great skill showen on the day too with Stephen O'Neill turning by bouncing the ball between his legs, Mulligans finish and Cavanagh steping over the ball then flicking it up while it ran away from him. It was a great game.

Tyrones own

Quote from: hardstation on May 23, 2010, 10:46:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 23, 2010, 10:39:43 PM
walked past Rossa today Hardstation with my wee bro and they had a barbecue blazing away. seemed good craic. our club was grand out on the balcony with plenty of magners. bit of banter and the usual craic. enjoyed a home game for a change.

£13 quid in so me and wee mackers said look heres £20 will that do? no problem :P
You should have been in Fruithill. Some superb matches on the green and Fuzzman got a burger outside the Whitefort. One thing though - As I walked into Fruithill, I could see a Tyrone flag flying from the building. I found this strange and when I approached the front door, their Antrim flag was lying on the ground. Bad sign.

I paid £21.
I must a bate you in there then.. ;) you boys are as welcoming and friendly in colour as ye are on here i noticed :'(
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

sandwiches_in_the_boot

walked past Rossa today Hardstation with my wee bro and they had a barbecue blazing away. seemed good craic. our club was grand out on the balcony with plenty of magners. bit of banter and the usual craic. enjoyed a home game for a change.

£13 quid in so me and wee mackers said look heres £20 will that do? no problem :P

How many people got stubs paying in? I got one, the oul fella didn't. The like of that above suggests the same old in the back pocket job.

If they weren't giving out stubs to everyone, how do they accurately count the attendance?
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on May 24, 2010, 08:56:15 AM

How many people got stubs paying in? I got one, the oul fella didn't. The like of that above suggests the same old in the back pocket job.

If they weren't giving out stubs to everyone, how do they accurately count the attendance?

Would the turnstiles not be clocked? (U16s wouldn't get a stub because they don't pay but would still need to be counted for H & S?).

Fair enough point about the stubs or lack of for the punters who do pay.

orangeman

Hold on one minute - do you expect them lads to come out on a scorching hot day and do the job for nothing ??? Away a that with ye !!!    ;) :D

Have you no mercy at all ???   ;)

gallsman

Very poor handling and distribution in the first half, Scullion and Herron the primary culprits. Kelly going odd was a blow as Loughery showed what he could do when making the run for the ball. Thought Douglas showed reasonably well after a dodgy start. McCann was wasted in full forward for too long with no ball coming in. CJ definitely should have started.

Whatever has been said about Kevin or the impact his return has made to cohesion and morale, he drastically improved the midfield when he came on.

Zapatista

There must be stubs. How else would McCausland claim back in expences?

omagh_gael

Official attendance was 18,100. There seemed to be a lot more than that though?

orangeman

It's caption time.

Away you'se go lads - brighten up a Monday morning for us.

To whom it may concern

A number of points following yesterday;

1. Tyrone still possess the class to hurt teams; they won yesterday's game based on their first half onslaught and their new found ability to score goals.

2. However, their defence is penetrable and suspect. They leaked 1-12 against an Antrim side that didn't really start functioning until last 25 mins. They conceded 1-7 in second half. The Down and Donegal forward lines possess clinical marksmen and bar Justin McMahon and possibly Joe, what other defender would you trust against a top forward? Watching Meath last night, even though it was merely Offaly, if we ran into Meath in Croke Park, i would fear a repeat of 2007 when their forwards ran riot.

3. Tyrone can still produce the high octane, intense stuff, but cannot sustain it like before. The reality is that McMenamin and Davy Harte have lost their legs. It was sad to see Ricey substituted like that. Teams are going to start targeting him. Davy's time should finally be up, but who are the alternatives? He obviously doesn't trust sean o'neill defensively or either he sees him as an impact sub. Anyhow, he does possess the ability to break the line and penetrate. The jury is out on Jordan. He was fine yesterday, but i think Paul Kerrigan could expose him down the line.

4. They need to work out where to play Sean Cavanagh. The inside duo had the beating of their men, but all too often their was an ocean of space between the full and half forward .lines. They lacked a link man like Brian McGuigan to play on the 40. Sean tends to drift especially to the wings and then attempt to penetrate. I think we need a traditional 11 to facilitate s'on and mulligan, who looks lean and hungry.

5. I think Penrose is maturing into a  fantastic player. He was underrated yesterday and played a dooher like role. the good thing is that he does this in tyrone's attacking half of the pitch.

6. I worry about our corner backs, who did fine yesterday. I worry further down the line. Both of them have to play alongside the forward and can't like the McMahons play in front due to their lack of height. When we meet Down or Donegal, this could be exposed.

gallsman

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on May 23, 2010, 09:26:42 PM
McGourty walked away from Antrim a couple of years ago - a chance encounted in a Celtic Park pisser (i kid you not0 got him re-instated...comes on in the 2nd half today, and makes no real impact...what signal does that send to all those player swho have been training their holes off all year, and not spitting the dummy out once...Bradley let himself down badly today

More shite from you. Kevin put a bit of steel in the Antrim team when it was badly needed. Bradley let himself down by not making the changes sooner, not by bringing Kevin back.

omagh_gael

Quote from: orangeman on May 24, 2010, 09:32:39 AM
It's caption time.

Away you'se go lads - brighten up a Monday morning for us.

Mickey Harte has a surprisingly strong handshake!