5          Tony Scullion (Cargin)
6          Justin Crozier (Cargin)
7          Sean Kelly (St Gall's)
8          Aodhan Gallagher (St Gall's)
9          Brendan Herron (Lamh Dhearg)
10        Terry O' Neill (St Gall's)
11        Kevin Niblock (St Gall's)
12        James Loughrey (St Brigid's)
13        Paddy Cunningham (Lamh Dhearg)
14        Michael Mc Cann (Cargin)
15        Tomás Mc Cann (Cargin)

Thoughts??

Antrim are effectively accomadating 4 wing half backs - Scullion, Kelly, Loughrey and O'Neill.  They did the same in the league final with Sligo and their team really lacked balance that day.  This is an area where Tyrone could exploit Antrim on Sunday with the Tyrone wing backs pushing up on Loughrey and O'Neilll.  The large pitch at casement will suit this as well.  Loughrey is a fantastic wing back in my opinion and its hard to understand why he is not playing there.

Saffrons

Maybe this team selection points towards a previously mentioned extremely defensive approach. Baker seems to really like Terry O'Neill. He's an intelligent player no doubt but I think he is too slow to play against Tyrone as was shown in the final last year. Harte will definitely look to exploit this weakness. Would maybe be better to have Tomás McCann in wing forward and CJ inside, apart from that solid team. One other thing, who would mark Cavanagh if he plays full forward? I presume that O'Boyle will mark Penrose and Brady will mark SON, so that leaves Douglas on Cavanagh. Surely fb is too far for Crozier/Loughrey to drop back. What's the story on Magill?

Mr. Nakata

I would presume that Loughrey is named at 12 because Baker thinks he can expose Davy Harte who's struggled all year.

saffron sam2

Quote from: loughshore lad on May 20, 2010, 12:41:32 PM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on May 20, 2010, 09:25:23 AM
According to the Antrim Co Website this is the Antrim team:

1          John Finucane (Lamh Dhearg)
2          Colin Brady (St Gall's) [Capt]
3          Aaron Douglas (St John's)
4          Kevin O' Boyle (Cargin)

Thoughts??

Antrim are effectively accomadating 4 wing half backs - Scullion, Kelly, Loughrey and O'Neill.  They did the same in the league final with Sligo and their team really lacked balance that day.  This is an area where Tyrone could exploit Antrim on Sunday with the Tyrone wing backs pushing up on Loughrey and O'Neilll.  The large pitch at casement will suit this as well.  Loughrey is a fantastic wing back in my opinion and its hard to understand why he is not playing there.

Because the game hasn't started yet.

Kelly to chb, Loughrey to lhb and Crozier to lhf. Butterknife told me.

I'll let you know more once Boxer decides who is marking Bung.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on May 20, 2010, 01:06:53 PM
I would presume that Loughrey is named at 12 because Baker thinks he can expose Davy Harte who's struggled all year.

Primarily Loughrey is at 12 to accommodate Sean Kelly in the HB line but yes, Harte and Jordan were exposed to pace against both Cork and Kildare last year and if both play Baker will see this as a chink in Tyrone's armour.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Quote from: saffron sam2 on May 20, 2010, 01:14:56 PM

Thoughts??

SS2 what's the story on Magill....??

saffron sam2

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on May 20, 2010, 01:16:43 PM

Genuinely haven't heard, although I believe he came through the hurling match last night unscathed.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Quote from: saffron sam2 on May 20, 2010, 01:20:13 PM

Genuinely haven't heard, although I believe he came through the hurling match last night unscathed.

;D

nrico2006

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on May 20, 2010, 01:15:20 PM

Primarily Loughrey is at 12 to accommodate Sean Kelly in the HB line but yes, Harte and Jordan were exposed to pace against both Cork and Kildare last year and if both play Baker will see this as a chink in Tyrone's armour.

Could be the case with Davey, but Jordans problem last year was more to do with him carrying the injury and trying to play on with it through the summer which seriously limited him.  He is no slouch and hopefully he will be near full tilt this Sunday.  Dooher might be back to help Davey out anyway, but I am sure if Harte starts he will be a different player than he showed in the league.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

glens abu

Quote from: saffron sam2 on May 20, 2010, 01:14:56 PM

Thoughts??

Gassed

NAG1

What is the reason for his gassing?

Are Tyrone going to start the brother Cavanagh?

Fuzzman

Who knows what Mickey will do but I would be very surprised if CC doesn't play somewhere if not MF then HF

I bet you Tommy will miss out for Coney or Harte

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on May 20, 2010, 01:15:20 PM

Is Baker a racist?

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: Saffrons on May 20, 2010, 01:00:35 PM
Maybe this team selection points towards a previously mentioned extremely defensive approach. Baker seems to really like Terry O'Neill. He's an intelligent player no doubt but I think he is too slow to play against Tyrone as was shown in the final last year. Harte will definitely look to exploit this weakness. Would maybe be better to have Tomás McCann in wing forward and CJ inside, apart from that solid team. One other thing, who would mark Cavanagh if he plays full forward? I presume that O'Boyle will mark Penrose and Brady will mark SON, so that leaves Douglas on Cavanagh. Surely fb is too far for Crozier/Loughrey to drop back. What's the story on Magill?

Yes, +1 on Magill. C'mon, somebody must have the lowdown!

Is there something up with CJ too? Paul McConville in today's Irish News says "...although Bradley is without corner-forward CJ McGourty, while brother Kevin...has not managed to win a place in the starting 15..."

One is referred to as "being without" while the other merely "doesn't start" ???