UC 2010: Aontroim vs Tír Eoghain 23rd May, Páirc Mhic Asmaint

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, October 22, 2009, 10:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Olly on May 17, 2010, 09:58:12 AM
I am feeling very confident about this. Tyrone are in  no man's land this season and it reminds me of the time Down beat them two years ago. Antrim are no worse than that Down team. Steven O'Niell, Brian Dooher and Jim McMahon have had little game time.

On the other hand the sight of a Tyrone scalp will make the St Galls boys pull their socks up and be motivated for this, something that was hard for them after St Patrick's Day. I think we can win this by 2-3 points as long as we get a good start not like July last. I think that he should start as many players as possible as this will be no bother in terms of motivaton.

Mickey Harte's secret weapon??

Tyrone are not on the wane.  Sure they were relegated but they lost a fair few games by the odd kick of the ball.  They beat Kerry.  They weren't too far off being comforatble in Div 1 for next season.  I think Tyrone will enjoy the lower key build up than in recent years.

Antrim had their second good league in a row and back to back promotions represents great progress for a county like Antrim.  However the League Final was a bit of an eye-opener.  Sligo played it like a championship game and Antrim struggled badly.  The big question is, how have the St Galls players reacted to that defeat and have they been able to get themselves up to inter-county speed in the last month?  Tyrone will be at least one cut above anyone they played in Div 3.  Playing at Casement may be a small advantage though Tyrone seem to enjoy playing there too.  There should be a decent crowd and a good atmosphere (once all the boys arrive from the Fruithill Club).

Tyrone by 3.

Antrim team??

1. Finucane

2. Brady
3. McClean
4. O'Boyle

5. Kelly
6. Crozier
7. Loughrey

8. M McCann
9. Gallagher (presuming Herron will be unfit)

10. O'Neill
11. Niblock
12. T McCann

13. Cunningham
14. Magill
15. McGourty

Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Fuzzman

Gee lads ye are slow with the real football chat on this game
Is that cos we're avoiding the subject cos we're scared of what we're gonna do or not do.

For me there is a feeling of worry before the Down game 2 years ago but I think with Big Sean, SON, Penrose & Mugsy we should have enough scoring threat
So it comes down to how well our defence will do and how much pressure will they be under. How will we cope without Block and will Davey be targeted again as our weak leak so they get his man a lot of possession and tell him to run all day.

I would like to see

Packie
Ricey
Justy
McCarron
Carlin
Joey
Jordan
Sean
Hub
Colm Cav
Penrose
Tommy
Mugsy
SON
MCCullagh

Sean to kick all frees from the left

Am I leaving anyone obvious out?
Dooher to come in after 50 mins though I think he's fit enough to start

Was looking for the new jersey and got it from the Tyrone club thread
http://www.oneills.com/files/shop/viewbuynow.php?PR=95&CID=6

EC Unique

Quote from: ONeill on May 17, 2010, 12:05:21 AM
Y'see that's the tough one. I'm planning on the tennis and bowling for around 1230ish. Really want to see the minor game but they also have nice, cheap stout. Suppose the second half will just be starting around 2.45 and that might suit.

So Gormley, Cassidy definitely out - McGinley too?

Any word on O'Neill's fitness?

Sure he is not even on the panel! Def out anyway as he recovering from a hamstring injury. Not even training yet :-\

Fuzzman

Who else do you think will be pushing for starting places on this Tyrone team for this game?

Peter Harte?
McNabb?
Mellon?
Brian Mc
Has young McAnulla any hope of game this year?

Am i right to say McKenna is behind those other younger lads in the current pecking order?

I'd love to see how Justy would fair at CHB and Joey at FB
I wonder do they discuss that among themselves not that Harte would be interested

nrico2006

Is Kycle Coney off the radar for the year?  I think that summer football will be where we see the best of him, not in a swamp in mid February.

Is Aodhan Gallagher not a certain starter for Antrim?  I see it mentioned that he will play if Herron is unfit, but I would have though Gallagher was one of Antrim's key men. 

Fuzz - has Dooher and SON played much for CNG of late?  What is the word around the condition they are in?  I would also love to see Joe back at No.3 and try Justy at 6, and Carlin has to start. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

drici

Sunday 23rd May 2010

Ulster Senior Football Championship Quarter Final
Antrim v Tyrone, Throw In 4.00pm at Casement Park, Belfast

Ulster Minor Football Championship Quarter Final
Antrim v Tyrone, Throw In 2.00pm at Casement Park, Belfast

Ticketing:

This is not an all-ticket event. Patrons can pay in at the gate.
Tickets are available through Clubs and County Boards.

Ticket Prices:

Covered Stand €27 / £23

Terrace €15 / £13

OAP Terrace €10 / £9

OAP Open Seating €15 / £13

U16s free into Open seating and Terrace

There's something missing here.

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 17, 2010, 01:25:42 PM
Is Kycle Coney off the radar for the year?  I think that summer football will be where we see the best of him, not in a swamp in mid February.

Is Aodhan Gallagher not a certain starter for Antrim?  I see it mentioned that he will play if Herron is unfit, but I would have though Gallagher was one of Antrim's key men. 

Fuzz - has Dooher and SON played much for CNG of late?  What is the word around the condition they are in?  I would also love to see Joe back at No.3 and try Justy at 6, and Carlin has to start.

nrico this is only my guess at an Antrim team.  Baker seems to like Herron and he had a good league.  Aidso is probably more mobile and can take the odd score but Herron is a bit more physical.  It will be interesting to see what team Baker puts out on the day...

saffron sam2

Herron and Gallagher midfield, McCann centre half forward, Kelly centre half back.

Finucane

Brady McClean O'Boyle
Scullion Kelly Crozier

Gallagher Herron

Loughrey McCann Somebody else
Cunningham Magill McCann

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Quote from: saffron sam2 on May 17, 2010, 02:05:12 PM
Herron and Gallagher midfield, McCann centre half forward, Kelly centre half back.

Finucane

Brady McClean O'Boyle
Scullion Kelly Crozier

Gallagher Herron

Cunningham Magill McCann

Niblock not fit, SS2??

saffron sam2

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on May 17, 2010, 02:09:18 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on May 17, 2010, 02:05:12 PM

Finucane

Brady McClean O'Boyle
Scullion Kelly Crozier

Gallagher Herron

Cunningham Magill McCann

Niblock not fit, SS2??

Not looking good.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Fuzzman

I havent been up home for many games but I saw them both play v Eskra and they both played very well showing no ill effects.
I think Stevie will defo start and was back kicking points from all angles and taking a lot of abuse as was Dooher

I read in the Gaelic Life or was it the Irish News that Doohers fitness level is higher than many other squad members but I'd expect Dooher to come on 2nd half or maybe start and come off 2nd half.

So is Coney definitely out? Is it his back?
Will be interesting to see does Colm continue his good form for this game.
I hope he doesnt try his diving shIte again looking for frees.

Will we see Mulgrew again?

omagh_gael

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 17, 2010, 02:19:54 PM

I havent been up home for many games but I saw them both play v Eskra and they both played very well showing no ill effects.
I think Stevie will defo start and was back kicking points from all angles and taking a lot of abuse as was Dooher

I read in the Gaelic Life or was it the Irish News that Doohers fitness level is higher than many other squad members but I'd expect Dooher to come on 2nd half or maybe start and come off 2nd half.

I'd say Colm Cav is a def starter especially with Enda and Cassidy unavailable. My stab at a 1st 15 would be:

Devine
Carlin
Joe
Mc Carron
Davy/Ricey
Justy
Jordan
Colm Cav
Hub
Pete Harte
S Cav
Mellon
Penrose
O Neill
Mugsy

leaves lenty of options on the bench but I still can't see Harte starting without Davy and Ricey so they'll probably be fitted in somewhere.

Fuzzman

Oh Yeah I forgot Davey
i'm sure loads wont believe me but I just forgot him
Yeah he'll defo start and hopes Dooher starts too

From my sources Dooher is ready to go as is Stevie but Mickey knows best

Kyle Coney and Tommy McGuigan both fit for Sunday (see BBC website)

EC Unique

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 17, 2010, 03:09:39 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on May 17, 2010, 02:19:54 PM

I'd say Colm Cav is a def starter especially with Enda and Cassidy unavailable. My stab at a 1st 15 would be:

Devine
Carlin
Joe
Mc Carron
Davy/Ricey
Justy
Jordan
Colm Cav
Hub
Pete Harte
S Cav
Mellon
Penrose
O Neill
Mugsy

leaves lenty of options on the bench but I still can't see Harte starting without Davy and Ricey so they'll probably be fitted in somewhere.

That front 6 could do serious damage ;D I would love if it is correct.