Yes
Quote from: hardstation on October 23, 2009, 01:11:38 AM
3. Ardboe were happy with him.
No.
Quote from: hardstation on October 23, 2009, 01:11:38 AM
4. The County have an issue with him.
No, the County has no problem with him.

Now you have it?

Or do you want me to draw pictures? (And yes, I modified that post above  :D)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Zapatista

This was a good thread untill yis got that sorted. Now were back to the 3 McGourtys :-\

ONeill

Any word on the minor prospects? Surely with the last 3 (?) MacRorys on the mantlepiece they should have a decent shout (although it didn't help last year).
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Zapatista on October 23, 2009, 08:33:03 AM
This was a good thread untill yis got that sorted. Now were back to the 3 McGourtys :-\

Never mind them 3, will Sean McGreevy be back next year??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Fear ón Srath Bán

From today's Irish News:

Baker not worried by Red Hand date

By Paddy Tierney
23/10/2009

A REPEAT of this year's Ulster final was probably not what Liam Bradley had been hoping for when he was informed of the Ulster Championship draw.

Yet that's what last night's draw on RTE threw up as Antrim were paired against current champions Tyrone. Bradley didn't watch the draw live, and was taken aback when he was informed of the Saffrons' 2010 opponents by The Irish News. "Ah well, what can you say about that? It's the luck of the draw, but we will not worry too much about the Championship yet.

"We are looking forward to a two-month break. We will worry about Tyrone in April time – we have the McKenna Cup and league to get through first."

After guiding Antrim to their first Ulster final since 1970, Bradley will be keen to build on a season in which the Saffrons gained promotion to Division Three and only lost out to '08 All-Ireland champions Tyrone and eventual winners Kerry. The Derry man was able to take comfort from the fact that Antrim were first out of the draw and will probably host Tyrone at Casement Park. "The good thing is we are at home to them," he said.

"We proved last year we can match anyone over 70 minutes, and if it's in Casement I am sure there will be a super crowd there."

His Tyrone counterpart Mickey Harte believes that his Red Hands have a difficult task ahead if they are to retain their title. "The Ulster Championship is the most unpredictable of them all, and I think next year will be no different," said Harte.

"I suppose it's ironic that we drew Antrim having played them in the Ulster final, but it's good that we have played them because we can appreciate how difficult that is going to be now. They ran Kerry very close so I don't think Antrim are under any inferiority complex – they are as capable as anybody else."

Harte also rejected the notion that Tyrone are in the so-called easier side of the draw for 2010. Cavan and Fermanagh will provide the opposition in the semi-finals should Tyrone overcome Antrim. Yet the three-time All-Ireland winning manager feels that both sides are equally difficult.

"Well people will say what they will, but I always say there is no easy side of the draw in Ulster. I think that every side of the draw is tough. Everyone is always striving to make the breakthrough and it could happen one of these days."

Antrim have been drawn to face Offaly in the quarter-finals of the Leinster Hurling Championship for next year. The Saffrons are still on the hunt for a hurling manager after Terence 'Sambo' McNaughton and Dominic 'Woody' McKinney stepped down.

Offaly defeated Antrim in a relegation play-off earlier this year on a 1-23 to 0-13 scoreline. Antrim were then due to face Wexford for the right to stay in the Liam McCarthy Cup, but the game was postponed after a DRA ruling. Special congress ruled earlier this month that the 2010 competition is extended to 13 teams to include Christy Ring Cup winners Carlow therefore Antrim were spared potential relegation.

Antrim star Karl McKeegan is keen to see the Saffrons improve.

"It's a fair enough draw," he said. "Offaly gave us a right tanking in the play-off, but I think we would consider ourselves around their level.

"After not performing great last year, and doing that much to try to get into the Leinster Championship, we have to try and up it."
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Gabriel_Hurl

I'm hearing rumours that I might be back for this game  ;)

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: hardstation on January 14, 2010, 11:06:32 PM
I'm hearing rumours of a pre-match drink in a Lawn Tennis and Bowling Club.

You buying the first round?

ONeill

Is there a date for this yet? Could be a prime reason for a gadderin with boxing an all after it.

Gabriel_Hurl

Yeah - I'm booking the flights based on that date

ONeill

ONeill

ONeill

ONeill

Maybe this should be this identifying dresscode for the gadderin, acknowledging the day that's in it.

On a more serious note - will the likes of Jordan be back for this?

saffron sam2

I hope all you culchies can make it up the big motorway on time and don't delay the throw-in like youse did last year.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet