Inter-Provincial championship

Started by Ti Chulainn, October 20, 2009, 02:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

how did the leinster player get on?

mountainboii

Quote from: ExiledGael on October 24, 2009, 05:34:56 PM
Leinster scored once in the second half and it was a Sheridan free from 40 yards against the breeze, probably as well struck a free as I've ever seen.

That was an unbelievable score considering some of the other attempts

Throw ball

Weather and sick children stopped me going to watch the match today. From an Armagh view not surprised to see McKeever enjoying himself, every team needs one. Also I think Donaghy is a great player but would never play him in the corner and on a day like today when he has not played any real competitive football in a while was always going to find it tough. He is a half back for me. Glad to hear there was a good crowd. The people of South Armagh seem to be giving the cup more esteem than some other gaa people.

bikeflyer30

Throw ball

Mayobridge is not that far from Armagh and you have a couple of good players. We will adopt you if you want.  :D

bennydorano

£5 in ?? It was £9 eventhough the signs said £5.  Only 2 turnstiles open as well was a bit of a joke.

Onlooker

Munster through to the final.  They beat Connacht 1-16 to 1-13 in Limerick.  Not a bad result considering that so few Kerry players were available.

muppet

QuoteIn the evening encounter at the Gaelic Grounds in Limerick, Munster edged past Connacht on a scorline of 1-16 to 1-13 to ensure their passage into the decider.

That is all RTE had to say about the game.
MWWSI 2017

Archie Mitchell

drici

Ruislip (2-00pm)
Sunday November 8th.

redcard

SLIGONIAN

Munster have 4 Waterford and 2 Tipp lads starting and Connacht cant beat them?  :o, What was our line up?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Tyrone Dreamer

Hopefully tg4 show the final live. When you look how strong the ulster team was yesterday I still think there could be life left in this competition if managed right. Best solution I've heard is to play the football final on St Paddys day in Croke Park along with the club football, have the hurling in Thurles with the club hurling. Most people are of work that day already and with the correct marketing could turn into a huge day for the gaa, there would surely be some potential to get tourists to come if done right.

mackers

Quote from: Throw ball on October 24, 2009, 06:10:48 PM
Weather and sick children stopped me going to watch the match today. From an Armagh view not surprised to see McKeever enjoying himself, every team needs one. Also I think Donaghy is a great player but would never play him in the corner and on a day like today when he has not played any real competitive football in a while was always going to find it tough. He is a half back for me. Glad to hear there was a good crowd. The people of South Armagh seem to be giving the cup more esteem than some other gaa people.
Always knew you were a fair weather supporter ThrowBall, I was impressed with the number of Tyrone and Derry tops in the stand, it was relatively easy for us Armagh ones, fair play to those who travelled in such rotten conditions. Thought £9 was a bit strong myself.  The game was ruined by the weather but there was a fair degree of entertainment. That d*ck Billy Sheehan must've taken something before the game, he couldn't even show the National Anthem any respect running around like an eejit whilst it was being played. The first thing he did in the game was punch Aaron Kernan in the face.
I was impressed with McMahon at FB myself AFS, did well in very testing conditions for a FB. Surprised to see Dan Gordon subbed at HT, as others have said Hughes had a stinker in the first half although he improved in the second. Big Murphy didn't go well and Stephen O'Neill couldn't get into it. Nobody could accuse either side of going through the motions with things getting quite feisty at times.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

marym

These Waterford guys are very good players. Waterford did better than Donegal  against Cork this year. Also Tipp under 21s very nearly beat the Cork team that went on to will the all Ireland.Wonder will there be more Kerry players availabe for the 8th of November?