East Béal Feirste

Started by DirtyDozen12, October 15, 2009, 02:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtyDozen12

Right, on the looking scene for a house to rent and my budget is pretty tight this year and the cheapest places i have found to rent are in East Belfast.  I can rent a very nice house for £425 a month over there but being a catholic boy from the country am a little hesititant about moving to the east of the city.  Does anyone hear live / or ever have lived in East Béal Feirste and would they recommned it?  Ive currently live in South Béal Feirste but am looking to get the rent down a bit but feckers over here wont budge on anything!!  I thought we where in recession  :-[
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

redhugh

It's a hell of a lot more mixed than it used to be. Sure Brolly has the huge goalposts up next door to Paisley's church.Ravenhill rd is now vey mixed.I know lots of people who live around Cregagh road as well and have never had any bother.

johnneycool

How East are you talking about?

I know a good few people of the catholic persuasion out the Newtownards road. Can't say i know anyone living round Dee street though.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: johnneycool on October 15, 2009, 02:11:17 PM

I know a good few people of the catholic persuasion out the Newtownards road. Can't say i know anyone living round Dee street though.

Maybe about sydenham area / holywood road? Thoughts?

5 Sams

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on October 15, 2009, 02:00:42 PM
Right, on the looking scene for a house to rent and my budget is pretty tight this year and the cheapest places i have found to rent are in East Belfast.  I can rent a very nice house for £425 a month over there but being a catholic boy from the country am a little hesititant about moving to the east of the city.  Does anyone hear live / or ever have lived in East Béal Feirste and would they recommned it?  Ive currently live in South Béal Feirste but am looking to get the rent down a bit but feckers over here wont budge on anything!!  I thought we where in recession  :-[

Its a big place DirtyDozen.....some areas would be grand for a fenian (very few in fairness) others would be no go areas like the big housing estates around Tullycarnet, Ballybeen ...areas like the Belmont Road, Stormont would be OK...they are a wee bit more upmarket, obviously the Short Strand is your side of the house.

At the end of the day to my knowledge its a while since a catholic has been lynched in the big bad east.

Have you not considered the West??
The Aristocrat Years

TacadoirArdMhacha

Friend of mine lives very near Cregagh Road with the girlfriend. Doesn't get any hassle.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

johnneycool

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on October 15, 2009, 02:12:49 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on October 15, 2009, 02:11:17 PM

Maybe about sydenham area / holywood road? Thoughts?

You're probalby far enough out of the ghettos' and dead on if you're passed the arches.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 15, 2009, 02:17:01 PM

Its a big place DirtyDozen.....some areas would be grand for a fenian (very few in fairness) others would be no go areas like the big housing estates around Tullycarnet, Ballybeen ...areas like the Belmont Road, Stormont would be OK...they are a wee bit more upmarket, obviously the Short Strand is your side of the house.

At the end of the day to my knowledge its a while since a catholic has been lynched in the big bad east.

Looking at the west as well 5 sams, feel more at home where I can wear the ole Tyrone jersey  ;D

redhugh

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on October 15, 2009, 02:25:38 PM

Looking at the west as well 5 sams, feel more at home where I can wear the ole Tyrone jersey  ;D

If the west is an option for you then I would go west without hesitation.Handier for the motorway,good stout,fine weemin, good football clubs.It's a no brainer .

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: redhugh on October 15, 2009, 02:31:19 PM

If the west is an option for you then I would go west without hesitation.Handier for the motorway,good stout,fine weemin, good football clubs.It's a no brainer .

What west Belfast wemen are you looking at  ;D

saffron sam2

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on October 15, 2009, 02:33:44 PM
Quote from: redhugh on October 15, 2009, 02:31:19 PM

What west Belfast wemen are you looking at  ;D

ONeill's dentist for one.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

redhugh

DD12  I was in An Culturlann about 6 times over the last 3/4 months and strange as it may sound it was always hoppin with honeys.And no they were'nt all tourists. Used to be in the beehive on Sunday nights  and it was always a lucky hunting spot for me. Your standards are too high thats the problem ;)

milltown row

Quote from: redhugh on October 15, 2009, 02:43:14 PM
DD12  I was in An Culturlann about 6 times over the last 3/4 months and strange as it may sound it was always hoppin with honeys.And no they were'nt all tourists. Used to be in the beehive on Sunday nights  and it was always a lucky hunting spot for me. Your standards are too high thats the problem ;)

women?? thats a first

redhugh

Quote from: milltown row on October 15, 2009, 02:45:03 PM

women?? thats a first

Sunday nights from 90 - 95 I used to be in there a lot and it was always full of Ranch girls and nurses.

5 Sams

Quote from: redhugh on October 15, 2009, 02:47:33 PM
Quote from: milltown row on October 15, 2009, 02:45:03 PM

women?? thats a first

Sunday nights from 90 - 95 I used to be in there a lot and it was always full of Ranch girls and nurses.

Would you not be better off with someone around your own age ;)
The Aristocrat Years