Boden see off Crokes after extra time..again!

Started by Zulu, October 13, 2009, 10:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Kilmacud are out of the Dublin championship after their semi final with Ballyboden went to extra time again before they were finally seen off by four points. FT Ballyboden St. Enda's 0-19 Kilmacud Crokes 1-12

INDIANA

Year caught up with Crokes. They were 5 up with 20 to go in normal time but the legs ran out of them. Boden v Judes in the final on sunday. Nice to see 2 new teams in the final. Don't think Crokes will be too gutted- looked knackered at the end.

fearsiuil

Quote from: INDIANA on October 13, 2009, 10:43:30 PM
Year caught up with Crokes. They were 5 up with 20 to go in normal time but the legs ran out of them. Boden v Judes in the final on sunday. Nice to see 2 new teams in the final. Don't think Crokes will be too gutted- looked knackered at the end.

Were up by 6 at that stage, 1-7 to 0-4. Fair play to Ballyboden, to win by 4 was a 10 point swing. Feel taking off Ray Cosgrove after getting a yellow card was a mistake as he was showing very well and had 1-2 scored. His goal being one of the strangest finishes I've seen. Lobbed the ball into the top right hand corner from 6/7 yards out. He was fuming when subbed and wasn't slow in telling the Crokes manager his feelings either. A very entertaining match.

harlechman

Very exciting game. Boden number 8 was my man of the match, covered a serious amount of ground. Can't understand why Crokes left Johnny Magee on, he was barely fit to run. Fair enough bringing him on as they were winning nothing in the full forward line, but they moved him out to the middle then. He must have been caught in possession 5 times. Surely the biggest club in the country have better youth available? On the other hand Boden were able to bring on lads who were able to carry the ball and run at the Crokes defence.

Boden took off their full forward after about 10mins of the second half. They brought him back on with maybe 10 to go. He went on to kick 4 brilliant points.

screenexile

That's a great result from the Boden lads... played with them a few years ago when I lived in Dublin and we were very unlucky to get beaten by Crokes having been 9 up at half time if I remember correctly.

From the report it seems a few of the younger lads from then have matured well, the likes of Michael Daire MacAuley and Cian Hiney playin this evening. With such close neighbours in the final I can only imagine the final will be a tempestuous affair to say the least... no love lost between Boden and Judes!

INDIANA

Quote from: screenexile on October 14, 2009, 12:28:11 AM
That's a great result from the Boden lads... played with them a few years ago when I lived in Dublin and we were very unlucky to get beaten by Crokes having been 9 up at half time if I remember correctly.

From the report it seems a few of the younger lads from then have matured well, the likes of Michael Daire MacAuley and Cian Hiney playin this evening. With such close neighbours in the final I can only imagine the final will be a tempestuous affair to say the least... no love lost between Boden and Judes!

Mc auley is the player of the championship . Hard to call a winner- Boden more match hardened but probably pretty tired as well. But good to see 2 nearly all home grown teams in the final. gives a great chance for someone rather than a dublin club to win the leinster club championship. Rhode really made a balls of it last week.

lynchbhoy

Lads telling me that Boden are a low key (not many big names) but tenacious and good team.
Judes for some reason are being labelled as a surprise team but this was a new youngish side two years ago that were not far off reaching the senior final.
I'd still fancy Boden as beating Crokes and how they are playing seems to me that they are the form team.

One problem for Boden now is that there is a good chance their hurlers could get to (and win) the hurling final. I think they play o'tooles in the semi final!

Onlooker

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 14, 2009, 09:31:06 AM

One problem for Boden now is that there is a good chance their hurlers could get to (and win) the hurling final. I think they play o'tooles in the semi final!
I Would not see that as a problem.  In fact I believe it is  great to see a club going for County titles in both hurling and football.  I am all for dual clubs and dual players.

Canalman

A real "derby" of a final. Barely 1/2 mile distance between the 2 clubhouses. Great to see 4 mainly homegrown teams make the semi finals.

Think that St Judes will never have a better chance of winning it. Presume that Niall O'Shea will pick up Keaney in final. Hope Judes win it, generally a sound bunch of lads in the club.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Canalman on October 14, 2009, 10:37:19 AM
A real "derby" of a final. Barely 1/2 mile distance between the 2 clubhouses. Great to see 4 mainly homegrown teams make the semi finals.
Think that St Judes will never have a better chance of winning it. Presume that Niall O'Shea will pick up Keaney in final. Hope Judes win it, generally a sound bunch of lads in the club.
weren't plunketts in the semi finals?

Onlooker -
I also like the dual player, but it can be a big tug of war for training etc if both teams are in the final/semi final etc.
Not easy given the modern day training demands. Hopefully Boden have a flexible regieme (I know its not like that in a lot of clubs unfortunately!)

SLIGONIAN

Was glad to here Ballyboden/St Endas won as a Sligoman Daniel Davey is playing for them. Do any of yee lads know how he played? He should be one the wing forwards..
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Canalman

Last 4 were St Mary's (Saggart), Judes,Crokes and BBSE.

OPER beaten by Judes in 1/4s I think.

Onion Bag

Does Enda Mc Nulty play for Ballyboden St Endas
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

heffo

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 14, 2009, 11:11:47 AM
Does Enda Mc Nulty play for Ballyboden St Endas

No not since early 2005 - he was there as full time coach for about 3 or so years.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Canalman on October 14, 2009, 10:37:19 AM
A real "derby" of a final. Barely 1/2 mile distance between the 2 clubhouses.

Was thinking that myself, just down the road from one another. It'll be lively around Dublin SW over the next few weeks.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...