Boden see off Crokes after extra time..again!

Started by Zulu, October 13, 2009, 10:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quotegives a great chance for someone rather than a dublin club to win the leinster club championship. Rhode really made a balls of it last week.

Moorfield will fancy their chances if they get past Laurances on Sunday, if not maybe only Rathnew and Portloaise can challenge the Dublin winners.
#newbridgeornowhere

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Canalman on October 14, 2009, 10:59:52 AM
Last 4 were St Mary's (Saggart), Judes,Crokes and BBSE.

OPER beaten by Judes in 1/4s I think.

ah right - forgot that it was the 1/4 final stage plunketts were beaten.
bitter 'neighbourly' begrudgery had me not too unhappy that they were beat!
:-X

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Canalman on October 14, 2009, 10:37:19 AM
A real "derby" of a final. Barely 1/2 mile distance between the 2 clubhouses. Great to see 4 mainly homegrown teams make the semi finals.

Think that St Judes will never have a better chance of winning it. Presume that Niall O'Shea will pick up Keaney in final. Hope Judes win it, generally a sound bunch of lads in the club.

See Judes have taken over the Spawell roundabout anyway, wonder will Boden respond now... Was at the semi finals, O'Shea was playing center back but Keaney was rotating between center forward and the corner. Guckian (first name escapes me) seems to be their main man marker (kept Blaine Kelly out of the game) so he could be an option either. I'd tip Boden to win it by a point, you can't beat games coming thick and fast...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

screenexile

Who's taking Boden this year? Is Liam O'Dwyer still involved? Anyway good luck to the lads on Sunday I hope they can do it. Any chance Michael McAuley will be getting a call up for the Dubs any time soon?

Also someone mentioned about homegrown players... I'm pretty sure there are at least 6/7 of the Boden panel are from around the country.

INDIANA

Quote from: screenexile on October 14, 2009, 03:50:33 PM
Who's taking Boden this year? Is Liam O'Dwyer still involved? Anyway good luck to the lads on Sunday I hope they can do it. Any chance Michael McAuley will be getting a call up for the Dubs any time soon?

Also someone mentioned about homegrown players... I'm pretty sure there are at least 6/7 of the Boden panel are from around the country.

Only Kenny Naughton and Davey off the first 15 aren't from Dublin screen AFAIK. Judes are all from Dublin .

Contrast that with Plunketts- at least 5, vincents the same, brigids etc. To be fair Crokes are growing towards nearly home grown.

shark

Quote from: INDIANA on October 14, 2009, 05:42:58 PM

Only Kenny Naughton and Davey off the first 15 aren't from Dublin screen AFAIK. Judes are all from Dublin .

Contrast that with Plunketts- at least 5, vincents the same, brigids etc. To be fair Crokes are growing towards nearly home grown.

James O'Hara is from Monaghan, although I think he only started one of the three semi-final games.

GalwayBayBoy

Kenny Naughton is from Galway anyway. St Grellan's I think.

Fuzzman

Michael Macauley is a 1st cousin of my wife's and I know his dad well but I've yet to see him play.
He plays MF I believe and I think he was on the Dublin squad at one stage or maybe it was only the U-21s

If I can get time I might go along on Sunday to see them play.
Have yet to see a Dublin club game so why not the biggy this weekend.

Why do Dublin play their club games in midweek?
Back in Tyrone Sunday is a big family day out for the GAA club members but it doesn't seem to be like that down here.

full back

Quote from: Fuzzman on October 15, 2009, 04:40:31 PM

Probably a case of trying to catch them before they go to the pub, sure they cant even get out of the pub in time on a Sunday to watch their county play in big games so what chance have the clubs ;)

fearsiuil

Quote from: Fuzzman on October 15, 2009, 04:40:31 PM
Michael Macauley is a 1st cousin of my wife's and I know his dad well but I've yet to see him play.
He plays MF I believe and I think he was on the Dublin squad at one stage or maybe it was only the U-21s

If I can get time I might go along on Sunday to see them play.
Have yet to see a Dublin club game so why not the biggy this weekend.

Back in Tyrone Sunday is a big family day out for the GAA club members but it doesn't seem to be like that down here.

Was impressed by MacAuley on tuesday night, good pair of hands and well able to play football too. Scored an excellent point in the second half that helped to claw back at the Crokes big lead. Maybe not the tallest centrefielder but looks a strong player, on the 2 games I saw he was the standout midfielder and seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

Bud Wiser

Quoteon the 2 games I saw he was the standout midfielder and seems to have a good head on his shoulders.
The last time I saw him he was wearing his head on his neck.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Bud Wiser on October 16, 2009, 10:51:26 AM
Quoteon the 2 games I saw he was the standout midfielder and seems to have a good head on his shoulders.
The last time I saw him he was wearing his head on his neck.

I find that offensive, don't you know that the lad doesn't have a neck?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Canalman

Would have been great to have this game played in Tallaght Stadium, alas not to be.